Locker Room #17: Danny/Carmine: Our Utility Guy

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I admit the Carmine fangirl in me appriciates the tight clothing :drool:. But I also loved S1 Danny's suits and kind of geekiness they got rid of to pave the way for "the whore of the show." :( :p

2. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Personally, I think it would be a huge mistake to show 'Danny' singing in an episode on the show. The reason Gary Sinise could get away with it was 1) he's a damn producer :lol: and 2) there was next to zero indication of what Mac's personal life (sans romance) was outside of work, so it was somewhat believable he might play a bass guitar once in a while somewhere to chill out. :p

For Danny, it would be way too much at this point. In Snow Day, we were shown an outrageous and really unbelievable look inside his apartment. C'mon, did anyone really think a third-grade CSI would have a pool table AND a motorcycle INSIDE his apartment?! That was waaaaay too close to the actor and not the character. (And you can tell the writers rectified that in episode 4x13.) Blurring the lines between the character and the actor is ALWAYS a bad, bad idea. It usually means TPTB is desperate enough to overlook realism and character and use that tactic for the sake of drawing in more viewers. Bah!

However, I don't mind the change in fashion for Danny. ;) There's nothing wrong with him wearing the suits once in a while though. They were very hot on him. Gave him a professional look without turning him into a 'whore of the show'.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Danny did mention being in a band for a while in "Stuck on You", though...

4. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I think there's getting to be too much Carmine in Danny. I also found that apartment a bit unbelievable. I could see Danny having a motorcycle and keeping it inside but a pool table too? That was a bit much. I was happy to see it gone in episode 13 but for entirely different reasons. :p He also had a nice plasma tv on the wall and some of those pictures hanging in Danny's apartment were Carmine's. It just seemed like it was too nice of an apartment for a third grade CSI and a guy who obviously spends more time at work than anywhere else. I think it takes away from the character of Danny when Carmine incorporates so much of his personal life into him.

5. althea

althea Lab Technician

^^ The funniest thing about seeing Danny's apartment in Snow Day looking like an apartment out of GQ magazine was that in the episode before then, in the pool scene with Flack he bitches about living paycheck to paycheck. :lol: I don't see how a person who scrapes by every month would have an apartment that looked like that. Or perhaps his bought everything on credit and is paying his butt off:lol:

6. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

It definately looked unbelievable. I remember that small part of his apartment we saw in 3x18 when he came in and then left again. There it looked 'normal'. But in 3x24 it was way to much in my opinion...

7. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Danny's apartment is quite bare even though its still quite swanky, I kind of expected a lil more rough round the edges feel to it being that he is working more than he is at home. The pool table made me giggle when it strangely disappeared tho i noticed something folded up ina doorway so i did think ooh its a fancy pool table but then decided it wasnt.

I have to agree with ya PA I loved the suits and the geekyness it was pretty damn hot, i don't mind the tight Tshirts but i was confused about the sudden change in dress sense.

8. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

Hey Guys!

I read all comments.

I think that that because the actor and the characters are very much
    a like - its natural for their personalities to collide.

As far is apartment goes. He's a guy
    - guys like to keep things simple.

Guys are not into fancy things.

Modern. Simple..........Period.

LOl:lol:

9. msl

msl Dead on Arrival

The apartment. I always thought he lives in rent controlled apartment. In NYC if you are a lucky and “know a guy” you can get a great apartment for a fraction of what the other tenants are paying. Rent controlled apartments are super hard to get.
    When I see someone with a great NY apartment on TV…I think rent controlled.

Below is a link about rent controlled apartments.

http://www.dhcr.state.ny.us/ora/progs/oraprogs.htm

Stella apartment more like what you would expect but I am sure it costs her a pretty penny.:thumbsup:

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

He might have rent control, but the apartment was done up pretty nicely for a guy! Still, it's TV, and logistically it's much easier for them to shoot in a large, spacious apartment than it is in a tiny, cramped one. For that reason alone, I wouldn't expect Danny to have a tiny place.

11. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

Personally I wouldn't expect Danny to have a tiny anything but as this is a PG 13 board I think I'd better keep my comments to myself.... :lol: :devil:

12. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

OFF TOPIC :

HAs anyone read his interview at CSI files?

13. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Yeah i just have... i do have more to say but i was in the middle of popping to the shops and was like yeah will just read this first. so plan to say more after i have.

It was a great interview...a fair bit of interesting stuff said specially about the DL situation and with Rikki. It was actually making me thinkin maybe its not a triangle.

14. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

haha yes I read it...

F*** count = 16 :p

And for some reason, I really don't mind.

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

16 times??? For real??? It didn't feel that way when I was transcribing it. :lol: I might be a little desensitized to the word, though--I probably use it almost as much as he does. Especially in the car. :lol: MrsG still has us both beat, though. :lol:

Did you guys like the interview?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.