William/Grissom : The Hotness of #12

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by ladyhunter, Sep 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

He has played a 'bad guy' Sheriff Pat Garrett, who shot "Billy The Kid" in Young Guns 2:evil: for a few pieces of silver, he was his friend, but for the $$$ turned on him and shot him:(and he was sleazy in "Kiss The Sky" having a triad, leaving his wife and kids to romp around in the Philippines. He's pretty versatile:borg:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  2. gilsgal

gilsgal Lab Technician

Obviously, my sentence structure leaves something to be desired. :rolleyes: What I meant is that I don't see Billy doing more TV after CSI...at least not on a regular basis. I think he will return full time to his beloved theatre. I do think he'd make a terrific "bad guy" and that he'd enjoy it alot.

3. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

Well desertwind, I want to see BP's dark side from a television point of view. Not movies.

Has he ever been a guest star on any tv shows? Besides WAT.

No I don't see him doing any more tv shows on a regular basis either. I just want to see him do guess appearances and not think of him as Grissom. :)

--------------------
    [​IMG]

4. GrissomFREAK

GrissomFREAK CSI Level Two

I hear you. But it's gonna be super hard. I mean 8 years -almost 9- being Gil Grissom on TV, that's like really hard to forget.

I agree, he'd be good in comedies. Not necessarily the kind where you LOL, with a laugh track and all that. More subtle. Like the 30 Rock type :D

5. WP_Rocks_MY_World

Very true GrissomFREAK it would be difficult not to think of him as Grissom. I've heard story from Mr. Petersen himself says some fans call him "Grissom."
    So if he chooses not to do tv appearances after CSI, we won't know will we? :)

As you know, I'm a big fan of Melinda Clarke and enjoy her guest appearances on other shows. I don't think of her as Lady Heather. :drool:

Speaking of the Lady, looking forward to tonight's CSI ep. :thumbsup:

----------------------------
    [​IMG]

6. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

I can't see Billy doing much tv again if he can help it. After all, he turned down a lot of TV before CSI. It took something really different (at the time) for him to take a chance on TV.

But, I can see him doing a mini series, or one off tv dramas or something like that. He's done that in the past, and maybe he will again.

I've too read something similar WP - not so much about fans calling him 'Grissom', but him saying that fans 'come to see Grissom'. IE - when he was last on stage in Providence.

I think thats a shame tbh - that he may think that is the case with all his fans. Cos I know for sure that I would be going to see William Petersen the actor.

It can be tough for actors who do play one role for long, to shed that image. But you know, I think Billy will get past that. Cos even with the fame and success he's had as Grissom, I still think he's a bit of an enigma as an actor. Because he doesn't court the press, because he doesn't do a lot of interviews, because he just isn't at all 'Hollywoody' in the sense that he doesn't go all out for the limelight - he's always a bit on the sidelines. Which is actually a good thing!

When you look at other actors who've been mainstays on TV the past decade, no one has been on such an universaly successful show as CSI, yet many are far more 'well known' as it where. Because they do go on more tv shows, because they do more interviews, because they do advertisments (think James Gandolfini, Josh Holloway, Matthew Fox etc etc), because they basically sell themselves and flaunt themselves. Billy doesn't do this, so he has that enigmatic quality still.

7. ren4e

ren4e Prime Suspect

this only shows once again that i heaven't seen his movies :wtf: only The Beast :p i have lots to catch up :)

8. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

billy played the bad guy in Contender. i wasn't that happy about it though. i think i rather like when he plays likeable characters.

9. Desertwind

ren4e here's another list of all his movies, after I was mesmorized by him on "CSI" I started buying his movies, and he's so versatile, like I said, sometimes it's hard to think of him as this science nerd Grissom, he's so not like that in real life, by his own words, he's very animated and talks very fast, jokes alot, and extremely charming, which is the trait that comes through in everything he does:bolian: in an interview, it blew me away:eek: I can't imagine him doing another TV seres, if he leaves CSI/CBS, I think he's done, I'd love to see CSI go a decade, but his love is the theater, I thnk if the right offer came his way, he might consider doing a big screen movie. He was offered the lead role in "Good Fella's" but turned it down, and then Ray Liotta played it, ironic they played together in "The Rat Pack" [he played young JFK] Liotta, Frank Sinatra:cool:

BILLY'S MOVIES

10. ren4e

ren4e Prime Suspect

thank you! nice list, i really have to start watching them but i have 4 more CSI season to watch first! i think he is really nice guy in the real world, it would be great to know him :)

11. WornSouls

WornSouls Witness

I love buying movies of actors I like, sometimes you can find some real hidden gems, and sometimes you can find a movie that's so rubbish it's funny and worth the watch! I did that with Mark Harmon's movies. I've got a good collection of William Petersen movies, but quite a few to go. Amazon is a great place o find rarities.

12. alienor

alienor Police Officer

I envy you to have 4 seasons to discover ! Which seasons ?

13. ren4e

ren4e Prime Suspect

i am on 17-th ep of the first season, then 2, 3, half of 4 and half of 7 :D
    complicated but i can't wait to see them all :)

14. Desertwind

So, on last night ep. I watched it again and saw things and heard things I'd forgotten, and came to the realization, as Grissom did, that LH is whacked out, he goes "somethings not right with her", and then was reading book on psychiatry:(and him being Mr. do good, helped her out..again.. and I loved Sara's sweet compassionate understanding and her trust , "go do what you need to do" knowing that when he was finished he'd come home to her, and he did. and Brass's comments to Cath "I know something juicer than Gris & LH" of course he did.. "get some help" really:brickwall:. and why was she still wearing that western costume, and the end?:confused: very weird:vulcan: the thing about this character Grissom, he's a slow, deliberate, methodical man, not impetous nor impulsive, and to thrive in the gruesome world he lives in, he doesn't need something that "rattles his cage" or "throws him off balance", those are negative connotations, he needs peace, happiness, harmony and contentment, which he has! And our writer, here on the 'files' Allen McDonald, his words, said on GSR "they love each other, and are 'soul mates' can't wait till she returns. And the B story with Warrick and Nick they're so great together, I love them both:thumbsup: and I forgot Grissom was building his own minature house:guffaw: he really got caught up in that scenerio! strange ep. I want to see the CSI's all back doing their thing, so only 3 more weeks YIPEE:bolian:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  15. WP_Rocks_MY_World

The first time I watch an ep, I don't pay attention to the background, so after you watch it a few times you really notices things.

Why was she wearing the costume? Her job wasn't finished. Which is why Mr. Oakley was at her place. He did pay her over $800,000. She couldn't give the money back because it was deposited in the bank as a Trust Fund.

Why was she not right? Well, she lost her murdered daughter, she wasn't allowed custody of her granddaughter. I believe visitation rights too? And she had to give up her business.
    She figured she'd take her life to secure her granddaughter's future.

As for "Losing his balance" remember it was Grissom that said that. I guess he felt a connection with her.
    Let's face it, Grissom isn't exactly normal either. We all have our strange ways. :lol:

I enjoyed B storyline the second time around.:)

-------------------------

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.