What's better C.S.I. / C.S.I. NY or C.S.I. Miami

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Caine, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

The writing for NY and CSI are better than Miami, but I like Miami best, simply cos I need my weekly fix of eye candy from Miami. :p

To start off I was hooked to CSI, but Miami took my heart from Season 1, when the first 3 seasons' writing was very good. The writing for Miami has deteriorated since but I'm still hooked cos it's always been my fave since it started.

NY is very good too and it comes in second for me.

2. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

i like NY best... just because the people aren't so... "asleep" as in the original CSI.. and MIAMI in my book just sucks.. everytime Horatio speaks makes me wanna pull out a gun and shoot my TV set

3. slipnslide

slipnslide Victim

I must say, I've watched CSI: Las Vegas since the start and have just recently started watching CSI: NY. I love both of those, but can not stand CSI: Miami. In CSI: Miami, the show starts showing the crime, and then the shot pans to Horatio, he looks at the camera, pulls off his sunglasses, and says "We'll get them!" And also the medical examiner always talks to the bodies "What happened to you honey?" I',m sorry, but they are DEAD!!! They can not talk to you, so don't even try.

Any way thats just my personal opinion.

4. shady

shady Hit and Run

at the moment, none. I have not seen one desent episode of CSI this new season, infact, I have fallen asleep dueing every episode so haven't yet seen one from start to finish!!!! NY will never be good so long as stella and lindsay are still in it, and Miami needs to get back to reality, because its becoming more and more unreal by the episode.

5. Melli89

Melli89 Dead on Arrival

i like all three of them but i think Vegas is definitly the best...followed by miami and after that NY.

6. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

I already replied what seems like ages ago. And things haven't changed so much!

Vegas is easily the best, best cast, best leading man and lady, best characters, those are the main factors that make it what it is. But CSI New York is very good as well. Both are still pretty dark and moody, and have the best stories of the 3 CSI's.

I've gone off Miami a bit, it's ran it's course imo. Most of the main cast apart from Horatio annoy the heck out of me, and the only reason he doesn't is cos he makes me laugh. The whole show is just so fake. At least the other two has some semblance of reality going on.

7. csifreak16

csifreak16 Victim

csi miami is better for three reasons:
    - david caruso
    - those sunglasses
    - the gorgeous sunset you always see :)

although, i do watch las vegas more. lol.

8. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

Hi, this is my first post.

Tough question whats best, because for me it changes as to which one I'm enjoying the most.

I watched Vegas from the start and have to agree that it has the strongest characters. We are into season 8 in the UK and have just had the cross over episode with Without a Trace. With Vegas in particular there aren't many shows that I can think of that have lasted nearly 8 years with 2 spin offs that are still essential viewing and still have great storylines.

But I think that once the other main characters start to leave then it may be time to stop. I think Vegas can handle Sarah leaving but if any of the others decide to go then I think they should stop and keep its integrity. The X files is a prime example of a great show that went on 2 or 3 seasons too long once characters left.

I was really anti-Miami when the idea was floated as I thought it would take away from Vegas, but as it progressed I got in to it more and more, season 1 was average especially the first episodes with Kim Dealaney, but by season 2 I was looking forward to watching it as much as I was Vegas. David Caruso makes the show for me, he is a really strong actor playing a great character. However, we have just finished season 5 in the UK and I think it was poor, they seemed to change something in the look of the show, the overlayed visual effects, the 24-style 3 way split screen, the music, there something that I can't put my finger on that changed and changed for the worse imo. Has anyone else noticed that? I also think the introduction of Natalie was a mistake. The constant explaining of storylines and processes to her almost seemed like she was being used as a tool for the writers to explain to the audience what going on. No offence but this is something that is very noticeable in any US written drama show, they sometimes treat the audience as not being clever enough and use a character to explain everything. Its unecessary. The Delko getting shot storyline was a mistake for me, he made too quick a recovey. Wolf leaving, being on TV then coming back was rushed. The terrorist plot which ended with Caine shooting the truck was also too rushed and this has been indicitive of many of the storylines in this season.

Again with NY I thought the first season wasn't a great start but again it picked up as it progressed and at the moment, (in the UK we are now 6 episodes in to season 4), its the one CSI I'm enjoying the most. The cast seem to be getting stronger I suppose as I get more familiar with them.

9. slipnslide

slipnslide Victim

I never used to watch both CSI: NY or CSI: Miami, and I was a die hard loyal fan of CSI: Vegas, then I started watching CSI: Miami with my parents, and then CSI: NY with a friend.

My honest opinion on them has changed.
    CSI: Miami drives me nuts, Horatio and his sunglasses make me want to climb through the tv and beat him....and Dr. Alexx Woods.

CSY: Vegas used to be great, the 'GSR' added to the story line and growth of the show, but now that Sara left (and she happens to be coming back soon, perhaps this will change things) it seems that all of the relationship storylines flew out the window and stole the case story lines as well.

CSI: NY in my opinion is now the best CSI, it has a balance of relationships and cases, certain things you can relate to yourself. That, and Danny.

So, CSI: NY wins CSI show of the year in my book.

10. misshelgenberger

misshelgenberger Rookie

csi:miami - cannot stand Horatio everytime i see him i want to scream and calleigh gets on my nerves.
    csi:NY - it's ok but is a newbie in my opinion, which is nice but i founder how long it can stand its ground
    csi:LV - the best by far. Even though gsr gave me the creeps and sara left i still feel it has depth and that the cast is far the best there is.

11. 4blueeyez

4blueeyez Rookie

I watch all three, but my absolute favourite is NY. I like the actors/characters best on that one.

12. CSI_Tipping

CSI_Tipping Victim

I say LV, because all the characters are amazing and the cases are well layed out.

13. Wolfca

Wolfca Prime Suspect

Miami - the sun, the sand and of course - Horatio Caine (David Caruso) and his team of fantastic people. As well as the Hummer H2!

14. CSI_Tipping

CSI_Tipping Victim

Vegas is the best for me. can't rate New York yet though.

15. CSI_DannyFan

CSI_DannyFan Victim

CSI:NY for me.Cause of Carmela and Gary.LV is a close second.:)