Sara/Greg #13: Sandle - The Ship of Hope

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by SaraStar, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

Oh my God, Eva, that pic you posted with her head on his shoulder, was one of the most adorable pics I've ever seen of Jorja and Eric! [​IMG] They really do look like a couple! That picture totally makes me forget that you've been busy, hun! I know I might get reprimanded for saying this but I'd love for those two to become a couple. They already hang out, play sports and have this amazing rapport. And it would be the next best thing to having sandle happen. [​IMG]
    Okay, I'll stop before I set off a mod alarm.

I noticed the sunglasses thing, just like Salean did! :cool: Mostly because they look SO HOT in sunglasses:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (My small token of apology for not visiting!)

BTW: I tried to brighten and clear up Eva's picture of Adorable Awesomeness, I ended up shrinking it just a bit. Hope it looks a bit clearer. I'm not a wiz at Photoshop but I was happy to tinker around with this photo.
    Does it look any better?

Naz, your dream was too cute! (Last page) You know what might have been more interesting? Sara popping out of a cake and surprising him! :lol: Oh yeah. He'd LOVE that.

Looks like the new pic is bringing back the regulars, Skell. Don't count out your luck just yet! CSI withdrawal AND real life stuff will be a big test on it, but sandleness shall prevail! :D

2. Salean

Salean Rookie

I have to agree with Hestia that our couple do look very good in sunglasses. I especially love Greg's purple ones in 'A Bullet Runs Through It' (I think it's that episode). :D They're just awesome.

You know, I love how CSI randomly comes up in almost every conversation I have with people at school... and not necessarily brought up by me. Today I was talking with the parents of my sister's friend, whose daughter wants to become a Forensic Scientist. And then we got onto the subject of CSI.

But I think they think I'm a little insane now. I couldn't stop my CSI withdrawal symptoms from showing. :rolleyes:

*sigh* I can't wait for the new episodes to start. Unfortunately for me, they'll be restarting in the weeks leading up to my exams. But still. Hopefully we'll be able to have some Sandleness in there.

I really want them to have Greg mention that he misses Sara. You know, just once. Sure we all know that he's missing her, but it would be nice to have some clarification or something.

3. Skell

Skell Rookie

Aaah, Hes, I just want to steal Greg's aviators in that picture! AH! They're gorgeous (... and of course he's gorgeous too. :3)!

I don't think I have a side on whether the actors should be a couple or not. Hmm...

And I can't agree with you more, Salean. I wouldn't mind some closure on the fact that he does, indeed, miss Sara.
    Can't wait till April! :3

4. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

It would definitely be nice if he verbalized his feelings, Salean. [​IMG] Aviator sunglasses, right Skell? :D I didn't realize that's what they were called. Sara's are just regular sunglasses, though. Next time I post a SPOTM, I'll kep the purple sunglasses from A Bullet Runs Through It, Salean. ;) I love those too (or like Skell implies, I love anything Greggo wears!)

Alright, while I was away, I made up a few icons based on the picture. Since Shazza did one, I was inspired to do a few myself.

This one is bigger for this specific board:
    [​IMG]

(The rest are 100x100)

Using this base:
    [​IMG]

I was able to make (most of) these icons:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I like some of these more than others. What do you all think?

(I hope I don't get into trouble for posting all of these. I don't know the limit on posting icons so I apologize in advance and I'll gladly change them to links if I have to, mods. Thank you! :))

5. Skell

Skell Rookie

Haha, oh, Hes! You even emphasized the glasses! Oooh, how hilariously awesome. :3
    But, yes. I call them aviators. Some people call them "stunner shades," but I really don't like that term. Aviator is more well known amongst dealers anyway. :3

But again, lovely!

6. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

Oh! wow! those are cool lol....awesom job Hes - Glad I inspired you!! :D Is it okay for me to use the base to make a few of my own I will credit...erm just wondering you got it so much more sharper and clear than mine how did you do that?? I gave it a shot and I it still looked blurry..

these are so cool!!! :D

7. Salean

Salean Rookie

Apologies in advance if this post goes a little insane. I passed my driving test today so I'm on cloud nine at the moment :D

Awesome icons Hes !! They're so cool!

It seems we all have a love for Greg and Sara in sunglasses. But, they do look rather good in them. So really, it's not all that surprising.

I've never heard them called 'aviators' before. Is that an American saying? Or is it just me showing my general ignorance? (Heh heh, general ignorance... gotta love QI) Ahem. Anyway.

I was so happy to see all the shiny new posts on this thread today! :D We're keeping up the Sandle love! :D

8. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

Thanks girls! :D I'm glad you all seem to like the icons. Skell, I've never heard of the term "stunner shades". Doesn't sound too bad. Either or would be fine for me. I'm sure I've heard "aviator glasses" used before, which are indeed an American word, Salean. ;) You're not ignorant. Oh, congrats on pasing your driving test! You're a gal on wheels; cool!

Shazza, you most definitely can use the base if you'd like! You're very creative, and when I'm uncertain, seeing you plunge ahead reassures me to do a little sandle thing, whether big and great or (more often than not) small and silly. :lol:
    I have Photoshop which is what I used to brighten and sharpen the image. Besides the traditional "sharpen image" and brightness "curves", when you shrink it down it gets a bit less blurry. I don't know if you have Photoshop or some other fancy program like that but even if you don't I think there's a software called Gimp that you can download free and it's simple but can do some nice sharpening and brightening just like the complex software. [​IMG]
    If you want I'll try and sharpen up/brighten the whole pic even more for you. :cool:

Oh, and Sandle rocks my socks. [​IMG] That is all.

9. shazza_018

I don't have photoshop but I do have firework...another fancy program lol..but I did my best to sharp it and brighten it as much as possible...Yeah It'd be cool if you could try and sharpen up/brighten up the whole pic even more tht'd be great although I'll make a few that base you made now...

Congrats on passing your driving test Sal!!! :D :D - how did it go with the exam from January - result are suppose to be in this week have you got yours yet??

Anywayz Sandle Rocks!!!

ETA: I'll post any new icons I make after board switch over - I really don't want to lose any of 'em...and I saved the ones Hes made and I think I'm gonna save all the banners from comps and stuff...Guys I'd encourage yo to save anything you want to keep BEFORE board switch over...everything from this board will be lost so I'm working quickly getting anything I really want and saving it to disk....

10. Salean

Salean Rookie

I took five AS module retakes in January (because my teachers thought that I could do better... turns out they were right). I got As in four of the modules and a B in the other. Found that out on the same day as I passed my driving test, so I've been over the moon ever since. :D Thanks for asking, Shazza ! :D How did yours go?

What's the date for the board-switch? I keep forgetting.

It's good to know that I wasn't being stupid, Hes . :p So why are they called aviators, then? Something to do with the sky... because 'avi' generally refers to the sky... hmm... something like that anyway.

I watched Who Shot Sherlock again the other day. :) I love that episode. So many sweet Sandle moments... and the hug! It always makes me smile loads, and as I was watching it with my sisters I'm pretty sure they're convinced that I am completely insane. Well, they know that already, but still. It's such a nice Sandley episode. :)

And Sandle is just made of awesomeness.

11. shazza_018

Well guess what I failed 3 of the four AS I took :( :( which is insane cuase I revised and everything and still ended up failing...mind you most of the class fail but stil.. I don't know how I'm gonna break it to my parents...I'm totally gonna be in so much trouble on the upside I got a C in RE the subject I thought I'd fail :)...

The board switch over is TODAY you numpty...like I said save anything you want to keep..

Who Shot Sherlock - I have seen it which is bad of me I really need to watch it...

Oh and sorry if this post was ranty

ETA: Board has sucessfully switched over now so here are two icons I made...
    Use this base made by the wonderful Hes:
    [​IMG]

Two(100x100):
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I can make bigger ones specifically for this board if anyone wants me to :)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
  12. Salean

Salean Rookie

Urgh, I know. Literally the moment that I posted that a message flashed up on the screen saying that the board was going to be closed down so that they could move it. How much of an idiot am I? :rolleyes:

*hugs Shazza* To do AS standard modules when you've only had a term learning the stuff is really hard. The whole A level way of learning and working is something that I, for one, found really difficult to get used to. I was really struggling until this term, actually, and that was really reflected in my work. I was a straight A student at GCSE who suddenly found herself getting Es. I was lucky in that I had no January modules last year, but those who did got no-where near the marks that they were aiming for. I had to retake several modules from the summer and even then there was an insane difference between the marks I got in the summer and the marks I got this January.

Liking the icons, btw. I cannot get over how cute Jorja and Eric look in that picture. It's just insane. :D

Thanks for all the congratulations on passing my driving test, by the way. Forgot to mention that before. I still can't believe it... I feel so old and grown-up! (Whenever I say this, everyone laughs and says that I'll never grow-up. Which just proves that they all smell.)

13. Skell

Skell Rookie

Wow! This place has changed so much! Haha, I really got to get used to it...
    Congrats Salean! I really need to learn how to drive. I'm tired of being dependent on people.

And all this talk about art programs is getting me excited! :O I've heard Gimp is good, although I've never heard of the one you use Shazza.

14. shazza_018

^^haha I know its weird how that worked out lol

That makes me feel much better thanks :) but how do I tell my parents!?! It's really giving headache lol I've planned out a million times in my head what I'm gonna say but I always see them shouting at me afterwards.....I'm too scared to tell them cause I don't know how they'll react..btw, so we don't go off topic PM a reply to this will talk via PM ;)....I really need some honest advice right now...

I haven't heard of or used gimp but I'll download it when I can...I not surprised you haven't heard of Fireworks - its used ot make graphics for websites and stuff but you can use it to make icons/banners/wally

Off topic but I know you'd be interested the next banner will be up on Monday!! :D

15. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

I can really recommend Gimp, love it!

wow I've been absent sooooo long! Just remembered that I haven't been here since I-dunno-when, so I decided to have a look around - and I was so confused! New layout, looks great!

Hes, those icons are absolutely AMAZING!! So are yours Shaz.

No matter how long I've been away, I want to share something with you: a Sandle Quote!!

Love lives on hope, and dies when hope is dead; It is a flame which sinks for lack of fuel.

- Pierre Corneille

Thought that fits the thread! Sandle forever!!!