How many non-US peeps here?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Kat1974, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hannah

Hannah Rookie

That's what I meant my one was :D Haaa
    My dad bought it when DVDs were still pretty new so.. yeah. I think it was all before the 'DVD Piracy' thing.

2. Joaninha

Joaninha Witness

In France all the series and the movies are dubbed.
    Mostly, the French voices don’t match the real voices. Even the way people speak is altered !
    When I first watch CSI:NY in English, it was a shock, especially when I first heard Danny speaking !! In French, his voice is higher and he barely uses “rude” words :eek: ! But his real voice is just HOT… his accent is priceless and he speaks like a bad boy… I love it :devil: !!
    In English we can really see the differences between the characters (backgrounds…), in French, they all sound the same and speak very well. That’s boring. :(

In here, sometimes, they change some scenes or just cut them !! That’s unbearable ! :mad:

So I prefer the original version even with subtitles (well… they’re not great but sometimes they help me understand… Danny’s accent for example is not always easy for non-us peeps ;) ).

3. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I swear best dubbing was in Estonia - even teenage girls had male voice (two men spoke all, if I remember right)

I think the problem with subtitles is that when lots is said, they have to leave something off so they text is accurate and all important is said and people even have time to read it.

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Happy st David's Day ;)

5. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Over here in Romania, on the 1st of March we celebrate spring. Boys and men have to give flowers that have red and white intertwined threads. The women must wear them for the whole month and then make a wish and hang the thread in a tree. :) This custom differs in various parts of the country, but the idea is the same. As any other holiday, this day has become very very commercial. The flowers cost double as they do in the rest of the year, and I can't even begin to think about all kinds of gifts that men buy along with the flowers. The holiday is called "Martisor". :)

6. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I haven't seen CSI:NY dubbed in Spanish but I'm sure it sounds really funny like those other series I've seen dubbed in Spanish. I'd probably get a kick out of it hearing Flack and Danny dubbed in Spanish. I'd end up just laughing my ass off. :lol:

I'm not Welsh (but my cousin's boyfriend is, does that count? :lol:) nor British but Happy St. David's Nat! :D

Nice to read about the custom you've got over there in Romania miss_blue. :) About those flowers, it kind of reminds me of V-Day (Valentine's) when the prices of roses and other flowers sky rocket through the roof. Ah, that's what you get from over-commercialization.

7. owlki

owlki Witness

I don't know how CSI:NY sounds like dubbed in Portuguese because, thanks God, I've seen it only in English...

I remember seeing CSI (Vegas) dubbed and thinking "that's hooooorible"! I couldn't watch it for more than five minutes. Warrick sounds old, all voices sound weird, unnatural, like they were reading it from a book... well, thinking about it, they probably were...

I hate dubbing, always prefer subtitles when I don't understand the original language.

8. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

When you get so used to the characters, their voices become a part of who they are. So you find it weird when you watch a dubbed version of the show. But if you've never heard the original, you find the dubbed version normal.

If only we had those universal translators from StarTrek. People end up dubbing themselves :p haha

9. athens

athens Coroner

Here,they just use greek subtitles f.Fortunately.:thumbsup:

I bought a Csi:Ny dvd in french and it has both the original version and the one with the French voices.It's weird when you are not familiar with their voices.:wtf::cool:

10. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

I cannot even begin to imagine how the CSI's would sound in Dutch...too weird :rolleyes:

I just came up with another question/idea to keep us entertained while waiting for the next new ep:

What minor or major thing links your country to CSI:NY (the cases, the city, the actors, the characters, etc.)?

I'll kick off with two examples:
    1. The Dutch founded New York :cool: (aka New Amsterdam back in those days)
    2. In ep 3x17 'The Ride In' the case of the 'Ark' was based on the story of a Dutch guy who actually built an Ark in his 'backyard' :eek: - check here

11. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

What minor or major thing links your country to CSI:NY (the cases, the city, the actors, the characters, etc.)?

Peyton :D

12. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Peyton and Jane Parsons... :lol:

That's all I can think of. Oh, and I live in a city called York, so that's nearly the same name... :p

13. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^ Well it's actually the city New York is named after. When the Dutch sold New Amsterdam to the English, the latter changed the name to New York ;)

14. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

The begining of season 4 :D lol

15. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

AJ Buckley, Robert Joy and Emmanuelle Vaugier are all Canadians :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.