CSI books.

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by Daquien, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

Re: CSI books.--Spoiler Warning

The strip joint section of Double Dealer was HILARIOUS--it's something I could easily see happening in an episode. Max Collins has a great feel for Detective writing in general--I have every issue of Ms. Tree (a hardboiled FEMALE detective) and Heaven & Heller (old school Marlowe style detective with hot female lead). I also love how he brought that @$$H*le Culpepper back...

2. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

Re: CSI books.--Spoiler Warning

HOO HOO HOO!!!! I loved how FBI Agent Culpepper (from The Strip Strangler) got his comeuppance at the end of "Double Dealer"! This one was a great read--if you haven't read any of the CSI books, this is a good start! Now, it's on to "Sin City!"

3. vanitykills

vanitykills Lab Technician

I finished CSI:NY Dead of Winter a little while ago, and though it wasnt one of those pick up and can never put down type of books, i still enjoyed it.

4. Sandersgal4lyfe

Sandersgal4lyfe Lab Technician

I just got CSI:Double Dealer, from my mom last night...and I'm already on chapter 7!! :lol:

5. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

Aren't the novels supposed to be an extension of the program?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

They are. And I must say, they are a really good extension. The ones I've read always connect really well to the shows, bring up things that you never quite got closure for in the TV show.

7. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

I've started Sin City--Dayam, Max Collins is a good writer. I loved his Ms. Tree work--I wonder if he were to write an episode of the show, a woman Private Detective who's acquainted with Brass named Ms. Michael Tree might show up... now THAT would ROCK!!!

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Sin City's always been one of my favorites of his - of the ones that I've read. It's great how he brings out the characters like Det. Conroy and gives them a more prominent role than we ever see them as in the show. Made me notice more of the lesser characters!

9. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Where exactly does Max Allan Collins reference Ms. Tree, Hankster? I don't remember it...

11. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

He doesn't. That is some of Max Collin's EARLIER work. I wish he WOULD reference Ms. Michael Tree in one of his books or in the episode he is (allegedly) writing...

12. lilbug

lilbug CSI Level Two

i love his books! i enjoyed Cold Burn and Sin City.. i liked Binding Ties also..

13. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

The trouble is that Kaminsky's novel "Dead of Winter" doesn't have the connection with CSI:NY as Collins' novels
    have with CSI:LV AND CSI:Miami.

14. RBC

RBC Coroner

I thought Dead of Winter was a very good book. I liked Binding Ties the least.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

CSI007WW, why didn't you like Binding Ties? I'm curious, since I haven't bought it yet. Is it worth buying, or not?