How many non-US peeps here?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Kat1974, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I am bit behind here :lol: (Just haven't been posting here for..erm few months)

So umm... you find me moderating Misc and I come from strange and small country called Finland :p

As for CSINY, we saw season 3 last autumn and I guess.. I don't know. It used to get original CSI's timeslot for two seasons (Wed 9pm) but season 3 was shown on Sunday at 22:30 - I guess it returns either on summertime or next autumn. Bit confusing all the CSIs going on there - one shows reruns of CSIM and other original, 2 eppys per night during the week.

As for DVD.. I haven't even checked what Nordic Release has (I mean release of Scandinavia and Finland) - I hope it has some extras (unlike Miami s1 :rolleyes: )

2. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Like someone else said I think it is probably something to do with the fact that the fanbase and amount of sales in ratio to (eg) the UKs fan base and sales. I mean...how many United Kingdoms can you fit into the US :lol:

Hey Ducky, it's nice to have you over here and if I've done my list right your the first from Finland :D

That reminds me....

Argentina
    Ghawazee

Austrailia
    tiara4Carmine

Austria
    Clairelangley

Belgium
    _Hush_

Brazil
    owlki

Bulgaria
    Phobia

Canada
    dl_shipper34
    flacksgirl7
    WhosLaughingNow
    catey1234
    Elwood21
    CSI_in_training
    DuCaineluver93
    buddrick
    Nick_Wolfe_Danny
    Flackie_boo
    CSINUMIA000
    Snowbird
    luvingmyHoratio
    Lampdor
    fxcanadian
    Crank
    Shevonne
    JulieAnn

Chile, South America
    Ruth

China
    Jimhaung

Cyprus
    athens

France
    celtess
    Joaninah

Finland
    DaWacko

Germany
    LivingEnd
    StellaFan
    CSI_NY_Addict
    Lonia
    Britta
    BlueDemon
    Jay1987
    Teardrop

Hungary
    Cathwarfan
    Cimponelli

Indonesia
    gue_nih

Ireland
    Ceindreadh
    Stardust1989

Italy
    Orison
    Cecily

Kuwait
    miami85 (soon moving to Barcelona ;))

Malaysia
    Kimmychu
    DAnNSfreak
    sHiNNizLe
    Gaelen (Currently in Namibia, AKA Messermonroe;))
    tinieyhasbi

Netherlands
    dutch_treat
    Marns
    Jodi
    CSISenna
    Jools
    Carmine_lover
    4blueeyez

New Zealand
    kiwifan
    magicmunchies
    Hannah
    melbel
    Kiwi_girl
    NZGirly

Norway
    CSI_Andersen
    Kinehelene

Portugal
    CSI_Dani

Romania
    Lorelai
    miss_blue

Sebia
    milena

Singapore
    Lessien_Tinuviel
    spikegal

Slovakia
    Carolina

South Africa
    Althea
    Carmeena

Spain
    Poison girl (PG)
    lunadeagosto
    Hormiga
    Rtelgeuse
    vas NYPD

Sweden
    NinaM
    SvartaBaskern
    Distraction

Switzerland
    CSIAnnStokes

The Philippines
    chaostheory08
    mulder8scully5
    peewee_sal
    ranma
    Cara1090
    Mandy9578

UK
    nattybatty55
    Kat1974
    silencer
    Twinkletoes
    jendai
    Fruitbat (FB)
    Bella363
    gypsy
    Joolz
    Dawni
    bumble_bee89
    faith666
    Macslady
    Elsie
    LeanneUK
    Msgirl
    Newyorklover
    Gaby
    grssom89
    Danistheman
    HC_4_my_birthday
    Thegluups
    AliGtr
    CalleighD
    Tequesta (Orkney Isles)
    Shady
    Aiden_Burn
    Stella_Taylor
    Aconnell
    Seren y Gogledd
    Alexis_taylor
    hairy0haggis
    HoratioFan4ever
    Sammie
    xxmaybe (moving to Canada soon)
    ryansnuttytart
    Aphina
    Ali57
    Adorable_Crazy
    SomethinSomethin

Venezuela
    CalleighWolfe

Total= 131

Edited because I cant spell...thanks ducky :D

3. Ducky

I feel special now :p I just wonder where on earth are all the Finnish fans. I've seen one here, but... I guess Finns are not very messageboard-like people when it comes to TV shows.

I didn't read this all thru, but how many of you are on European CSI board? ....of course it's pretty dead now.

Ps. there's a typos in Slovakia :p

4. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

A million and two. :lol: But yeah, I think it does have to do with with production costs. Either that or Americans are harder to convince to buy DVDs unless there's something they get that no one else does. :rolleyes:

Ducky you're from Suomi? :D Which part? I used to have a few Finnish friends when I did my IB.

5. Ducky

Originally from wonderful region of Osthrobothnia! (...ok there's four different ones but don't want to give too much details :p ..central Finland, west coast) tho I now spend time around the Arctic Circle because studying in University of Lapland.

As for the shows... is there any other country that goes with subtitles? I know Sweden does :p and Norway..and probably Denmark (oh how awful it would be to see Danny speaning Danish!) but what about rest of the Europe? Or erm... outside Europe, non-US and non-English speaking countries?

Ah and all this makes me want to listen the radio ad of CSI NY had back in the days when it first started here :lol: Wonderful, wonderful clip :lol: :lol:

6. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^Do they actually dub CSI:NY? Goodness, I can't imagine Danny without his Staten Island accent at all! I mean, maybe they can find someone that can speak their language but with a Staten Island accent? :lol:

Seriously though...I cannot stand dubbed shows. I'd go for subtitles any day.

7. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Thanks Ducky :D

8. Aphina

Aphina Rookie

I'm a subtitle kinda girl. I can't imagine danny or Flack without the accent it would be crazy!

9. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Well in Romania the show is subtitled. But the translation..sometimes I just want to scream out loud "HE DIDN'T SAY THAT" they change a lot the meaning of what they are saying, and usually they are translating half of what a character is saying. For someone who can speak English this isn't a problem, but what about the people who have no clue..that may change the perspective of the show.

And a big NO-NO from me to the dubbed option. I cannot imagine Danny's lines spoken by someone in Romanian. I would probably cover my ears..or just never watch it again. It's the English version that works for me. :)

10. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

The Netherlands have subtitles too...
    Well I believe they do that in Germany too...I caught a glimpse of that once, but I can't stand it - it's just not the same show anymore... :rolleyes:
    And unfortunately the subtitles here are just as bad...there are mistakes, they leave out bits or some expression is just translated literally and thus doesn't make any sense at all anymore. :mad:

So I really prefer my dub/sub-free version

11. Aphina

Aphina Rookie

Our subtitles are awful, my friend puts them on the Tv sometimes when he's trying to do something, and I'm reading them, thinking what the hell?

12. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^Seriously though, I have never seen a show that's been subtitled well. The only subtitled shows I watch are those in languages I don't understand so naturally I've got no clue if they're accurate or not.

Is it that hard to subtitle shows? Dubbing is even worse. I'm still trying to imagine the cast without the voices and accents we've become so used to.

13. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

Yeah, back in the days of Analogue Satellite I used to watch some of the dubbed shows (The X Files, for example) on the German channels. Can you imagine Fox Mulder with a German accent? Yikes, the thought of Mac sounding like anyone other than Mac... OUCH. :(

14. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I voted for Flack way back but just posted now. :lol:

That's why I love my DVD player, it's multi-region. :D

As for the special features, I think every region should have the same special features. It seems unfair that Region 2 DVDs get the short end of the deal. That really sucks.

I'd rather watch the show with subtitles than to have it dubbed. I love watching foreign films and I'd rather have it subtitled in English than to have it dubbed. I've watched some shows dubbed in Japanese and Spanish and they sound funny to me and I find it really annoying that the lip movements aren't in synch with the dubbing sometimes. Well that's just me. :p

15. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

In here all the series are dubbed, but as some others said before sometimes you just want to scream to the screen "He din't said that!!"

I've found quite big mistakes lately, and some scenes aren't the same, so I rather watch it original.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.