CSI Season 8 - UK Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Seren_y_Gogledd, Feb 26, 2008.

1. xxmaybe

xxmaybe Hit and Run

Ohmigod! I thought it was all in my head when I felt the bed shake lmao. Totally creepy!

But back on topic - anyone know anything about next weeks episode?

2. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

Woohoo I picked the right time to start this thread!

How did this episode rock? Let me count the ways...

- If I hadn't read any previews, Archie's 'death' would've shocked me, but thankfully it wasn't real, and led to... THE ARCHIE ONE LINER.
    - The main cast playing exaggerated versions of themselves. It gave a good view of how they appear to the Lab Rats. Paul Guilfoyle in particular carried this off well, with his over the top interrogations and his shooting of Bobby towards the end, action-hero style. Also we see David laughing during autopsies, with his "No sign of sexual trauma" running gag and Doc Robbins getting increasingly tetchy with him.
    - I loved how the CSIs looked at the cameras while the Lab Rats were thinking things through - especially Nick, who may as well have said "Duh!" while he was waiting to be told to look at the wires.
    - I laughed my head off when Archie thanked Warrick and Nick after his 'murder' had been solved.
    - Nice little touch when Henry was trapped in the freezer - as the toxic cloud rises, there's an image of a skull and crossbones.
    - So Wendy wants to work in the field? Would she make a good Sara replacement, or would it just be a huge rehashing of the Greg storyline? I liked her put-down of Hodges ("You are the dumbest smart guy I know") but didn't like her use of 'geek' as an insult.
    - Grissom playing the game with Hodges. This one was actually the easiest to solve while watching - Hodges' smile as he hit the ground said it all, really.

All in all, this ep was a masterclass in how to do a good bottle episode - and Everybody Lives! Is this the first case of a CSI episode where no-one dies? (The last Lab Rats episode showed Grissom and Robbins during an autopsy, and there was an unrelated body in Dead Doll)

By the way, has anyone here played the CSI board game? I've seen it in WHSmith and keep meaning to get it. I was wondering if it's in any way similar to the Lab Rats game.

Next week we have Cockroaches which is a Warrick-focused episode. Remember how last week we saw him popping painkillers? Keep that in mind.

3. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

I felt the earthquake and I was completely freaked out.
    Anyhoo I really think Hodges and Wendy would make a cute couple, they are so cute.
    It's weird though because if anyone has ever been to DisneyWorld in Florida, Hodges is the guy before you enter Dinosaur at the Animal Kingdom and everytime I see him I think of that.
    I loved David and the Doc - GET OUT!
    I'm watching it again tonight for sure.

4. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

I didn't feel the earthquake, although other people I know did. Saying that, I've slept through bigger ones before!

I'm seriously considering missing Torchwood to watch this ep again!

5. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

I'm definitely going to watch it again.
    I think it's going to down in one of my all time fave episodes!

6. AimeeC

AimeeC Dead on Arrival

[/QUOTE]Ohmigod! I thought it was all in my head when I felt the bed shake lmao. Totally creepy!

But back on topic - anyone know anything about next weeks episode?

[/QUOTE]

Next week's ep is really dramatic in my opinion. Its a really good episode though. The interaction between the characters is really good...esp Nick and Warrick so look out for that.

I don't want to say too much without giving anything away though so if anyone wants to know anything specific you can PM me, although it may take a few hours or a couple of days to reply.

Personally, though I miss Jorja so any ep without her in isn't as good as it could be. Don't get me wrong though I still love CSI. Just miss Jorja...esp in the opening credits, how wierd did it look last night without her in them. I was expecting to see her after the ant thing but Eric was there instead, still nice to see him though.

7. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

I'm excited for next week. It seems like it's going to be a dramatic Warrick based episode. It's been a while since Warrick has been the main character of the storyline so I am looking forward to that.
    I know it sounds weird but last nights episode worked well with Jorja leaving. The humour took your mind of the fact she had gone but the team all trying to cheer up Grisoom made you realise how much of a big character has left the show.

8. xxmaybe

xxmaybe Hit and Run

How much do I love Archie? Let me count the ways, lol - I thought the thanks to Nick & Warrick was great! Especially since the pair thought nothing of it as if it were nothing unusual, despite not knowing what it was they were being thanked for!
    Really? I didn't realise that - I feel a CSI marathon coming on lol.
    Hmm, I don't remember seeing Warrick popping pills last week. Though last weeks episode is a bit of a blur for me, I only remember the last bit. Thank God for Sky+, I'll have to rewatch it tonight. He has been detached in the last couple of episodes, I'm really looking forward to next weeks episode now!

I love how Nick and Warrick play off one another! So it should be very interesting! I wonder if this is going to be a climax or a build up to something else? Hmm, roll on next Tuesday I say!
    I agree, I think if they had gone in any other direction it would have lost sentiment. Sara was a main integral character, whether you liked her or not, and with this episode they didn't taken anything away from the impact of her departure.

9. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

I was wondering when we catch up to the episode that was the last one before the writer's strike are we going to have a break whilst they record them and then air in the US first??

10. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

There are 3 more episodes to air in the UK before we are up to where the US/Canada was when the strike took hold.
    The first one since the strike ended has a working title but I haven't read any further information. But then I don't always look in all the right places, as there are people on here much better at that than I am :D

11. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Yeah, I wondered about that. I imagine there would be a break at some point, but I'd laugh if the UK and US run side by side in the CSI airing. :lol:

As for this season, I'm not sure what to make of it. In my opinion, last season was stronger, but there have been a few good episodes this season. Due to work I've missed a few of them, like the episode where Sara leaves. :(

As for last weeks episode, at the start I thought Archie died, I gave a loud yelp when the explosion happened. :lol:

12. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

Ahh OK I am glad I'm as confused as everyone else.
    I have only just got in CSI so I have watched the past 7 seasons since Christmas. In my opinion season 5 and 7 were the best ones. Season 8 doesn't seem to have found a rhythm yet. I'm sure it'll get there though.

13. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I liked tonight's ep. Nick was so sweet showing he cares for Warwick in a 'manly' kinda way. The cliffhanger ending caught me totally by surprise - can't wait for next week!

14. xxmaybe

xxmaybe Hit and Run

Not much of a review, more a train of thought from tonight’s episode! Feel free to skip my ramblings!

Quick side note, I’m sure I didn’t see Marg on the opening credits; will someone tell me if I’m seeing things please?

What an opener! I loved the lighting at the start of the show; it’s been awhile (to my knowledge) that they’ve opened on shots of Vegas in the daytime. Sometimes they get lost on the seedy nights there in Vegas, rarely pausing to show what it’s like in the day (I know they work the graveyard shift) – shakes things up, makes it interesting.

Tina? Another mans baby? Warrick! What have you been hiding?

The tension at the start of the episode was already mounting before we even knew Warrick was running late. We also know from previous episodes, Grissom has a soft spot for Warrick. So it was no surprise he let him off with a soft warning at the start.

Episode nine and CSI is back on track, about twenty minutes in and so far, I’m hooked!

Looking to be a very Warrick shaped episode! About time!

Oh hi Nick! Wondered where you’d been. Oh and he’s clocked the pills… I love the relationship these two have together and the fact Nick’s not afraid to back down – when that boy believes in something, he really goes for it!

Warrick’s really on stride to hang himself here, going toe to toe with the sheriff! Good thing Grissom was there to tow him back in, but how far is Grissom likely go in helping him?

Grissom in a strip club? Hmm… not a sight I thought I’d ever see, even if it wasn’t there for the same reason everyone else was!

Warrick’s setting himself up for a awfully big fall, and a pretty big trip too!

YOU CAN’T JUST END IT THERE!!! NOOOOOO!!! I need to know what happens!!! The sickening thing is I have the episode downloaded on my laptop, but I can bring myself to click on it, I can’t break tradition! I’m going to be biting my nails in anticipation for the next seven days!!

I’ve got to say, that was a fantastic episode! In my opinion, this season has been a slow start but it’s shaping up to be a very interesting turn of events. I’m looking forward to finding out what the damage control is going to be from Warrick’s actions, and how the aftermath plays out.

I thought it’d be skewif after Sara’s absence, but sadly I didn't find myself missing her :(

15. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

Tonight's episode was so good. I loved the whole Warrick episode and it was fab. The cliffhanger ending was completely out there. I was no expectting it. Bring on next week.
    On a side note - Greg was wearing some very tight trousers at the beginning of the episode.