The Oscars 2008

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Jan 23, 2007.

1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Re: The Oscars 2007

*is shocked a Pixar film ['Cars'] did not win.* :eek:

2. CSI_mania

CSI_mania Pathologist

I think Ellen was the best part of OSCAR! She was awesome and hilarious!!! :lol:

3. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Thanks for the list of winners Tinkerbell :).

Really happy for Helen Mirren, and there are some other really well deserved winners on that list too. :)

4. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Oh yeah... it was great that Martin Scorsese finally won. HE has done so great movies and now finally he got it. How moved he was, esp when there was Francis, Steven and George giving the statue.

And Forest was so moved :eek:

5. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

This was the most boring OSCAR show ever :(Jon Stweart bombed big time, it even said that in our local paper, awful routine, not funny.. and who the H are these people who won? I've never heard of them!! and the show just was beyond dull and blah. The only thing we enjoyed were the stars that shinned Renee, Jack, John, Cate, and Denzel.. besides that yawn-yawn.. snooze-snooze :rolleyes:

7. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

8. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Oscars Are a TV Ratings Dud
    Feb 25, 5:44 PM (ET)

NEW YORK (AP) - The Oscars are a ratings dud. Nielsen Media Research says preliminary ratings for the 80th annual Academy Awards telecast are 14 percent lower than the least-watched ceremony ever.

Nielsen said Monday that overnight ratings are also 21 percent lower than last year, when "The Departed" was named best picture.

The least-watched Oscars ceremony ever was in 2003, when there were 33 million viewers.

Nielsen has no estimate yet on how many people watched Sunday night, but based on ratings from the nation's biggest markets, the Oscars will be hard-pressed to avoid an ignominious record.

The show had a 21.9 rating and 33 share.

9. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Well they were predictable in the fact that the one thing that didn't change is that they were boring as he..ck I changed the channel about 30 mins in because I started yawning too much.

But I read this in the news and thought thats rude.

Yahoo news: Brad Renfro excluded from Oscar tribute -SNIP- "Unfortunately we cannot include everyone," said Leslie Unger, spokeswoman for the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences. "Our goal is to honor individuals who worked in the many professions and trades of the motion picture industry, not just actors."

Or TMZ's Sarcasim regarding that.. Academy Screws Renfro, In Memoriam -SNIPS- We asked the Academy why and they gave us the following statement: "It is simply not possible to include everyone in that segment." Interesting. Renfro, whose credits include "The Client," "Apt Pupil" and "Sleepers," seems like a bigger player than Margaret Gardner, the head of the international division of a P.R. firm. -- Someone in Renfro's world called the slap in the face "unbelievable and disgusting." We couldn't have said it better ourselves.

In another article on TMZ they noted the following.
    "Could it have something to do with the circumstances surrounding Renfro's death? It's uncomfortable to applaud when an actor dies from an overdose. Of course, exceptions must be made for huge stars who OD. Heath Ledger made the cut."

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I'm sorry he wasn't mentioned but to tell the truth, I have never heard of him, and I thought I knew most eveyone in show-biz :confused: I saw him on the remembrance thread, and went to my self, who is that? and I also saw Jon Stewart on Larry King last week, and he said he was prepared and excited and had a great monolougue prepared.. NOT :mad:... it was just awful, and if this was the writers fault, how or why didn't they postpone it till like April and have a better format!

11. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Eh, I actually thought Jon Stewart was entertaining and I didn't find the Oscars that boring but a lot of it was pretty forced and awkward.

Half the people who won, I'd never heard of, though. :eek:

And those musical numbers from Enchanted? Dear GOD. I felt like I was watching a tribute to Barney.

12. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

the best Oscar music performance I have seen was 'Blame Canada' when it was nominated for the south park movie.

Yeah, what a snooze feast, i recorded it and watched it in an hour. John Stewart is funny, unfortunately the oscars are really restricted of the jokes made, so basically cutting out anything really funny. His comedy is a little more edgier than that.

13. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I think JOn was funny. I enjoyed myself, though I fast forwarded some of the parts - mostly acceptance speeches. but I like the ones of Javier, Tilda and and Diablo Cody.

I think its good they honor poeple for what they have done and not for how many people know them. I was rooting for Marion and Tilda and Im glad they won.

as for Brad - overdose or not, he was a promising actor, he had done some seriously good work and he died. thats all that should matter in the tribute. they cannot include all? WTF

I dont understand why they didnt let Amy Adams performe both songs, no offense to the blonde but she was awful

14. luvincsi

luvincsi Pathologist

I totally agree. And I think they would've pulled off better performances than those, I mean with the production and stuff. Everything seemed kind of plain. Just not those song numbers but this Oscar seems kind of plain. Jon was hilarious but I don't know. It wasn't just a little boring for me, kind of slow in a way. I don't know. :( :p

15. touchcookies

touchcookies Witness

My question about the Enchanted songs is why Kristen Chenoweth? What on earth did she have to do with Enchanted? I don't know I thought they were pretty good but I am said that Johnny Depp didn't win Best Actor