Night shift or Day shift?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by darkgothicfairy, Feb 25, 2008.

1. darkgothicfairy

darkgothicfairy Victim

on csi lv, if they're supposed to be working night shift, how come you sometimes seem them working scenes in the daytime? shouldnt dayshift take over once nightshift finishes? in a few eisodes i've seen them start working in the day. soo why?

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Re: nisht shift or day shift?

Since this question is only about the Vegas show, I'll shift it over to that forum. :)

3. CSI_Tipping

CSI_Tipping Victim

they get alerted at any time. the night shift provides more accurate results than day shifts. havent forgotten the case when nick got accused of killing this girl. that was from the dayshift. cath proved that nick is innocent. hope it helps.

4. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

Random question but with regular jobs like 9-5 thats the hours we work, with CSI what time does night shift start and do they get to go home between shifts? I mean this just in regards to the tv show.

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I think when they start a case they pretty much have to finish it, and that means working during the day too. Probably in the real world not all of them do that...a couple stay on and a couple go home.

But I know several times in the show they've gotten a case right at the end of shift and they'll say something like, "Looks like we're working a double", meaning they don't get to go home.

Again, real world, that probably doesn't happen very often. But I have banker's hours. What do I know? :)

6. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i believe the shifts are 8am-4pm, 4pm-12am, and 12am-8am. i dont think they call in nightshift because they are better than day. if the case is reported during their shift maybe it is theirs, and if they have to do some work during the day they do. you often hear them complaining about pulling a double shift. also there could be a few hours of daylight before 8am when they do their work.

7. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

That makes alot of sense. Thank you for clearing it up.
    It sounds quite intense hours though. I couldn't think of anything worse than working through the night.
    I love how they always look quite glamorous - espeically the ladies.

8. darkgothicfairy

darkgothicfairy Victim

yep i understand now! it makes sense. lol the magic of tv makes it so everyone looks great even when they haven't showered or slept for 3 days. i know i couldnt do it. i like sleeping at night too much!

9. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

I know even at my job with a full nights sleep I don't look as bright eyed and fresh as half the CSI's. I'd look like more like one of the victims on the docs'table.

10. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

maybe they're working on a double. ick. haha

11. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah if only we all could look that good working those types of hours that they supposedly work. The magic of TV. :lol:

Well I think more crime seems to happen at night anyway, but like someone said they could get called in on something that can take them into the daylight hours.

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I would just like to note for the record that I did edit the first post because someone or a couple of them pointed out the "S" (nisht) instead of the "G" in night. Normally we don't deal with that since folks know what is meant but apparently instead of correcting it they wanted to know if it could be fixed. No harm done again just a cosmetic thing. ;)