CSI:NY Season 4 - U.K

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by nattybatty55, Dec 21, 2007.

1. ryansnuttytart

ryansnuttytart Rookie

So my review of Saturday's episode.

Bad
    - Hawkes had hardly any screen time and when he does it's just supporting a case instead of working on it.

- Flack hardly on screen although a little more than usual.

- Why are all cases seemingly always connected in some way?

- It always seem to be Mac & Stella and Danny & Lindsey on cases. They need mixing up a bit more.

Good
    - Flack and Angell's exchange in the car. So sweet.

Can't think of much else but I'll be watching it again tonight so will add more later.

2. Kat1974

Kat1974 Victim

I liked this ep. I'd give it B+. I shall also watch it again tonight!

There was a nice subtle moment where Stella showed signs of empathy, if not sympathy, for the womens' motives. That was really well done. Bit annoying that they had to be wealthy and attractive. Again.

HOW cute was Flack with Angell?! He went all smiley on her, bless.

We got a hint that Danny and Lindsay are actually a couple, without it being gooey. Points to TPTB for that one.

Danny was back to looking shagworthy rather than knackered out.

I thought Mac's knowledge of bullfighting was quite impressive, but I do wonder how he and Grissom find the time to acquire the vast depths of general knowledge they have when they seem to spend all their time working, lol.

Kendall came across as smug, and her lipstick was appalling. However the moment with Adam watching her eat was priceless!

3. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

What I liked:

-Mac in a nice blue shirt.

-Mac's knowledge of bullfighting. Smart and sexy is such a nice combination!

-Mac's little smile after he said 'You can just say hairspray' - how cute!

-Flack's 'line' to Angell and the little flirty scene between them.

-Mac and Adam and the cupcake scene.

-Amber and the other women - I could understand why they wanted to kill those men, though I don't think it was 'right' to do it. But still the men's deaths are no great loss to society.

-Danny getting P*ssed off when that skanky killer/rapist guy hit on Angell.

-Mac and Amber in the interrogation at the end - both have very fixed, black and white views of justice, both of which have valid points as well as flaws. I could sympathize with Amber's anger about seeing 'pieces of garbage walk' but also sympathized with Mac's view about letting her anger drive her to murder. While his b/w view of justice irritates me, I do like that he has such a high moral code.

-Danny and Stella's empathy for Amber, Fern and Joanna.

What I didn't like:

-Amber's nasty 'city salary' line to Flack. It made her come off as arrogant and snooty, and as a typical wealthy, superior rich white murderer b*tch. In the interview at the end, despite being yet another wealthy white murderer, she was much more interesting and easier to identify/empathise with.

-Why did Amber, Joanna and Fern all have to be these white, beautiful, wealthy (Amber and Joanna) women? I HATE the way CSI NY lately has nearly always only wealthy white pretty people commit murders or be victims.

-Kendall, yuck,

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Ok, so I rewatched the ep and wrote what I thought :D

Things I liked:

- Everyone was in it :D

- Flack in Kevlar

- Flack saying, 'Traces of Blood'...it was everywhere :lol:

- I liked the Mac/Stella and Danny/Linds/Hawkes

- Sid, don't you just love him :D

- Absoultly loved the hairspray scene, 'Chemical compounds just roll off my tongue!'

- Baby fat?!?!

- Adam was just too cute when Kendall was eating the cake :D

- The waiter was funny, 'I'm thinking fake name!' :lol:

- Adam :D

- Danny and Lindsay's 'Love Handles' scene!

- Butt shot....
    [​IMG]

- Lindsay's contry twang made me laugh but I hope they don't mention her home town anymore this season...We KNOW she's from Montana!!

- 'Hey yo, Dennis the Mennis, wait up'

- Danny looked nice and rugged :devil:

- I love it when shoes are part of the evidence, Stella knows her shoes ;)

- I loved Flack and Angells car scene but maybe Flack's been spending too much time with those CSI's though :lol:

- Adam!

- I agree that Danny looked totally shagworthy this episode...that brown top and hair :devil:

- Hawkes and his glasses :)

- Aaahh Danny and Mac in interrigation :devil:

- Odd point- I loved what everyone was wearing this episode :lol:

- Not forgetting Mac's facial expressions...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bad points:

- The murderers were rich etc where have all the normal people gone from season 1

- Kendall (too much make-up darlin')

- The both woman who were questioned both irritated me!

5. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

I just watched the episode. I loved it.
    Danny and Lindsay's case was good. Their chemistry is getting better week by week and I looked her making the catapult and saying Danny had love handles. They are probably dating but it's not in your face.
    Flack and Angell - so cute. I'm hoping to god they have more screentime together. They are sweet.
    Adam, oh Adam - do not lose 20 pounds! He was so adorable in this episode, loved Kendall being all seductive.
    Flack touching evidence twice without gloves - when will he learn.
    I like that the cases were connected.
    Overall a good episode. Bring on next week.

6. Danistheman

Danistheman Prime Suspect

I quite enjoyed this episode :) Everything was quite positive and if I had to write an 'ugh!' list it would include incidental things like:
    - Kendall's lipstick (vile)
    - Ms Monroe's green jumpery-thing - WTF was that she was wearing?
    - Mr G's bald patch, the fact that he greased his hair to his head did him no favours whatsoever (sorry to the 2 people who said before that he was looking sh*ggable, but every time he came on all I could I see was the bald patch at the back of his head :( )

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I quite liked Commuted Sentences. :) Adam was gloriously geeky and adorable, Flack had some great lines and his 'game' was pretty cute (Angell and Flack definitely have potential).

It was good, but stupid plot lines and ridiculous theories can be quite annoying. And Mac's bullfighting theory was just too much for me. If that is what she was doing, why would she bother? Surely attacking someone in a way that won't immediately kill them, in fact they would still be standing, just to then finish the job, would just increase the chances of something going wrong or them getting caught? The only thing more ridiculous than Mac's theory is someone actually having supposedly done that. :rolleyes: Also, I love it when they get caught because of something very unlikely or unique, and diamond mink eyelashes are definitely in that category. :lol:

Despite it being completely ridiculous, I still love it. :D :lol:

8. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

I think she chose to kill him slowly because of the things he got away with doing - his victim will be suffering for a lot longer than he did. Plus it's a good reference to the place they were eating at.

Naughty Flack handling evidence without gloves, and naughty Stella not telling him off! (when they found the eyelash)

I was going to mention that Danny's fans would like the butt shot, but lots of people beat me to it...

It was great to see Lindsey back in "tough country girl" mode - MacGyvering a catapult out of medical supplies, teasing Danny about his love handles, and that exchange in Amber's apartment ("My lawyer will have a field day"/"Not before we do")

Mac's face when the shoes were mentioned.

That last shot, with Fern looking at Amber. I was expecting something cheesy here, like Fern thanking Amber, so it was good that she didn't.

9. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I completely get the references and potential reasons for it, and yet I still find it ridiculous. ;)

10. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

Did you notice the little red herring the writers threw in when Fern was being questioned? "We're walking in circles here..." after we saw the vic did just that...

11. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

No I didn't notice that, I think I was too distracted by Flack, who I kind of wanted to punch for being such a complete ass during that interrogation. :lol:

The writers are clever with things like that though.

12. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

No I never noticed that either!
    I think I was just telling everyone who would listen that Flack could interrogate me anytime he wanted!

13. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

I do find him kinda scary in Interrogations... at the same time, i'd love it.

He can question me anytime!

14. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

I'm just whizzing in to say how excited I am by AJ Buckley's thanks for his fan project!! Yeah baby!!

15. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Does anyone know if the CSI magazine is out in the UK at all? I remember hearing March issue is special on NY.