NY Forum Trip to Los Angeles: Year Two!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jan 29, 2008.

1. ryansnuttytart

ryansnuttytart Rookie

I so want to come and even checked out the prices but the flight is so expensive and I don't really want to travel on my own. Maybe one year.

Congrats Springmoon

2. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

They are realy expensive for us Brits aren't they Sara :lol:

3. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

^ Not as expensive as they look like around here I bet... ;) I swear every year it gets worse!

4. ryansnuttytart

ryansnuttytart Rookie

Yeah I checked out the BEst Western and the room was about £200 which I though was good. But the flights are pricing around £600.

I'm sure everyone will have a great time. I would really like to get to know people as I don't really chat to many online.

5. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

If you keep looking for flights you should (in theory) be able to get a good price on one! But you can't wait too long because then the reverse happens and the cost increases. I think that Travelocity or Orbitz allows you to set alerts so that when the price drops you will know.

6. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

My British compatriots, if you're not fussy (as in will travel from any airport which will probably be in London) and not too bothered about the dates (which is obviously difficult on a trip like this) then you can probably get a flight for around £400, I saw some advertised at that price last year, but not many, and all the others come out at around £600. And as Springmoon says, travel alerts are good, a lot of sites do them now.

:lol: Urgh, me too. Although my dieting never goes to plan so I'll probably wait until around 3 months to go and start then. If I do that then there is a good chance that I won't start putting all the weight back on again before I even get to LA... :eek:

7. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

^ :lol: :lol: :lol: I STILL haven't lost the 10 lbs I wanted to lose before LAST summer's trip. :lol: F*** I suck.

8. NOLAGRRL

NOLAGRRL Witness

Hey guys, I wanted to let those of you state side know that this weeks featured destination on Southwest is Newport Beach, CA, but since they don't fly there the sale is really into LAX or Orange County and it is through the end of their travel schedule (which is Aug. 22) so you could theoretically get a great deal for the Talk trip (they say rates from $59). But you have to purchase by March 10th. More here at their site! I think I convinced my DH to make it our real vacation this year, so we will probably fly into San Fran to see his cousin and then drive down to LA. *Woot* :D

A late CONGRATS to springmoon! :)

9. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

That sounds great, I'm glad you'll be able to make it. MrElsie and I are actually planning a very similar trip, flying to San Francisco and then driving down to LA. :)

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Great news, NOLAGRRL and Elsie! :D I'm so glad you guys are able to make it, and combine it with other destinations. :cool:

US folks (since I assume it only applies to US people--and maybe Canadians???)--if you can, I'd recommend jumping on the Southwest deal. Southwest is a good airline, and their deals tend to be among the best price-wise.

And the trip down from San Fran to LA--if you take the Pacific Coast Highway--is supposed to be gorgeous! I've only been as far up as Santa Barbara in a car, but the drive along the ocean was lovely.

11. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

And again I disappear for FAR too long.
    Enough of that. I'll most definately be seing you guys again this year. As I mentioned once, but will say again, I'm going to be...BALD! yes. I'm shaving my head as part of a fundraiser for cancer research. So, when you all see me again, I will not have my bleach blond hair, but possibly a bad sun burn and a nice collection of hats.
    I'm so glad to see that so many familiar faces will be there, and oh! A chance to meet new people! So excited!

12. MrsGiovinazzo

^ We'll miss you while you're gone, but it's fantastic that you'll be joining us again this year. And you're an amazing person to shave your head for cancer research. That's a beautiful thing to do. Just be sure to pack plenty of hats and sunscreen for that bald melon.

13. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

^^Thank you, and will do. Luckily I have a bit of a collection. ^_^

14. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yeah, that's what I've heard. I know quite a few people who have done the trip in the last year and they all say fantastic things about it. My only worry now is whether it can live up to the hype? :lol:

Cancer charities receive the majority of my annual charitable donations. I think that shaving your head is amazing, incredible and brave! :lol: :D

15. MrsGiovinazzo

Elsie - As a native Californian who lives near San Francisco and often makes the drive to LA, let me give you a piece of advice. DEFINITELY go the Pacific Coast Highway route. It will take you FOREVER. Winding road, rarely any more than two lanes in each direction, sometimes slow traffic. Plan on it taking about 9+ hours. The alternative is the route I take, which runs straight down the center of California. It takes about 6 hours and is the most ass ugly, God forsaken truck stop-riddled shit hole of a drive. Take my route and you'll never want to visit us in California again. But Pacific Coast Highway is really what California is all about and the view is incredible.