Emily Procter

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Feb 22, 2008.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

Things have never been hotter in Miami for <font color=yellow>Emily Procter</font>'s character Calleigh Duquesne. The blonde CSI has found herself with not one but two suitors, Detective Jake Berkeley (<font color=yellow>Johnny Whitworth</font>) and fellow CSI Eric Delko (<font color=yellow>Adam Rodriguez</font>). And Calleigh went through a personal ordeal this season after she faced an attempt on her life and came under fire in the department in "Stand Your Ground". Procter took time out of one of her last days off before going back to work to talk to CSI Files about Calleigh's growth, her romantic prospects and what's ahead!

CSI Files: Did you enjoy your time off from the strike?

Emily Procter: I really did!

CSI Files: What have you been up to during the time off?

Procter: I took a decorating job. I helped a friend of mine design his house.

CSI Files: Is this a possible second career for you?

Procter: Well, it's something that I've been doing a lot. It's kind of a supplementary career!

CSI Files: When do you go back to work on Miami?

Procter: I'm going back to work on Monday! And I think our first show is going to air on the 24th of March.

CSI Files: Have you gotten the first script already? How does it look?

Procter: I got it yesterday! I'm very excited!

CSI Files: Is there anything good coming up for Calleigh in this episode?

Procter: I have to say, this is a good episode for Calleigh. You've got Stetler sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong with Calleigh. And I also especially like it because the gentleman who plays Stetler [<font color=yellow>David Lee Smith</font>] is from North Carolina and is friends with my cousin, so he and I get into it! [He's great]; he's always like, "People hate me!"

CSI Files: Do you know anything about what's planned for the rest of the season?

<HR ALIGN="CENTER" SIZE="1" WIDTH="45%" COLOR="#007BB5">

To read the full interviews, please click here.<center></center>

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Great interview! :D I've always thought that Emily Proctor comes across really well in interviews, she seems very genuine. It sounds as though she really enjoys her job too, which is so lovely to read. :) I'm excited for the rest of the season.

3. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Wonderful interview! I agree with Elsie, Emily seems so genuine. She sounds like such a lovely person :)

4. Leela

Leela Pathologist

Thanks a lot for that interview! That was very well done!

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Aww, that was great! I love Emily, she's so sweet and fun.

And you know what they say about Carolina girls--best in the world, baby. ;)

6. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Oh snap, Jake.

Last night I caught an episode of Lost for the first time in eons and there's a love triangle there, too, that's done atrocities to the character of Kate. I don't remember disliking her as much as I disliked her last night watching her manipulate both Jack and Sawyer because she's so damn wishy washy. I was so happy when Sawyer called her on it. It's sad that the female lead gets such a bad storyline while the guys get the interesting stuff.

Initially I was worried that they were going to do the same with Calleigh but I'm glad so far they haven't. In the EC thread people have said that the real love triangle is between Eric, Calleigh and Calleigh's issues and I tend to agree and find that more refreshing than, "well, she just loves both men and can't choose! Woe is her!"

That said, I hope they don't continue to drag this to the obvious route: Eric gets a love interest, Calleigh gets jealous, realizes her feelings for him but it might be too late blahblahblahdaysofourlivescakes, even though I get the feeling that one's coming a mile away. I'm really not interested in seeing the love triangle get dragged into season 7. And when Calleigh realizes her feelings for Eric I hope she doesn't stay with Jake because that would make her a total bitch. I'm not his biggest fan but he doesn't deserve that.

Hopefully they'll show us something different because all the other tv shows suck at love triangles.

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Thanks, guys! :cool:

Awww, I like Kate, but I know what you mean. "She wants both guys! She can't choose!" is so over done and it's not fun to watch.

Exactly. Usually in love triangles I want to smack the person in the middle because it's almost like they're just being stupid or bratty. But I feel for Calleigh. I think she genuinely cares for Jake, but he is the safe choice because he's someone from her past and because he's hurt her in the past, she doesn't have to open up to him as much or feel like she's risking as much.

I also think it helps that Jake isn't just some cardboard jerk like the "other guy" usually is. I think he can be selfish and he's got issues, but he's not some jerk Calleigh picked up. There's history there.

Yeah, I agree. I'd like to see something novel. I'd like to see Eric actually say something to Calleigh, and for her to actually face her feelings. It would be nice to see them handle things like real people do, as opposed to soap opera characters.

8. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

A wonderful interview :D

9. Trevor

Trevor CSI Level Two

Nice interview, I think that Emily would make a great travel show host. She's definitely got the charm.

10. sara0989

sara0989 Hit and Run

great interview! i think she'd be great as a travel show host. it'd be fun to watch :)