Worst Movies Ever

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by lilbug, May 22, 2005.

1. Exit 8A

Exit 8A Pathologist

Seeing a 30 year old play a 17 year old in a tiring franchise? Yeah, that movie was bad, especially since Sean Kanan's character made Daniel seem like a complete and total wimp.

Like I said in an earlier post, you know the movie isn't going to be good when it is receiving reviews such as "like being raped by Myspace" and "This is why the terrorists hate us". I don't know which of those two is the better way to describe that movie.

2. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

I thought I'd just post in here and give a little opinion too.

I think I kindof grasped the plot? Though its hard to do with the "spoof" movies. When the girl changed herself to look great, the guy of her dreams liked her. Not the best plot huh? I might have got that wrong, but anyways, there were a few scenes that actually grossed me out. They were disturbing *shivers*

3. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^I think there were more disturbing scenes than there was of actual plot. *shudders* But that's why that movie is in this thread! :)

4. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

^
    ^
    Oh, I totally agree. I can handle a lot of nasty, gory, gross things. But that movie had some seriously gross scenes that I could not stomache. It sucked.

5. Exit 8A

Exit 8A Pathologist

Wow, I have to say I am very surprised here. 25 pages worth of bad movies, and not one mention of anything made or directed by Uwe Boll. This guy's films make all the movies listed look like Academy Award winning films by comparison. Granted, he usually makes films based on video games, and yes, most movies based on video games tend to suck (eg Super Mario Bros or Street Fighter), but Boll's films bring a hole[sic] new meaning to the word "unwatchable". Plots that go nowhere, actors phoning it in (and thats being generous), and basically no direction with the movie. The worst part is how deluded this guy is. He keeps making horrible movies, yet he actually believes he is God's gift to moviemaking.

6. kayfeb

kayfeb Rookie

ok. i'll start...FAR CRY THE MOVIE.
    Reason? He should have gotten Jason Statham to play Jack Carver.
    And nothing like the video game (even if I got to play only a bit of it)

7. mimefan

mimefan Dead on Arrival

I was surprised to see troll 2 in the bottom 100 but not troll 3. Sure troll 2's bad but at least it doesn't have radioactive venus flytraps.

8. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Oh goodness, "From Justin to Kelly."

I caught it on TV and watched (in horror) for about an hour. It was the saddest excuse for a movie I have ever seen.

9. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Here are a few (but certainly not all! :p ) of the bad ones I've seen, that spring to mind:

Tom Cruise's The Last Samurai, Vanilla Sky, & War of the Worlds. Quite frankly, the only movies of Cruise's that I've actually liked was because of the strength of the other actors, not because of Cruise.

Johnny Depp's Cry Baby, From Hell, Sleepy Hollow, & Charlie & the Chocolate Factory (never should have messed with a beloved & superior original!) :( Sorry Johnny, you're kind of cute and seem like a very nice guy, but even nice guys/good actors make clunkers every once in awhile - particularly the truly dreadful "From Hell". Eeeew.

Jim Carey's Lemony Snicket & The Grinch. I'm not much of a Carey fan in general, but these two stand out as the worst of his recent movies, IMO.

Troy

Alexander

Waterworld (tsk tsk, Kevin Costner! Once again, Nice Guy, Good Actor, Baaaaaad Movie).

The entire Matrix series

Titanic

And speaking of Leo Dicaprio... I truly hated the version of Romeo & Juliet that he appeared in. One of the most pitiful pieces of moviemaking tripe that I have ever sat through, particularly after seeing Franco Zefferelli's magnificent 1967 version. My boyfriend & I literally guffawed all the way through this one. :guffaw:

10. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I didn't like that version of Romeo and Juliet either. I thought it was horrible.

I really hated the movie The Invisible. I thought it was completely ridiculus. I also hated the ending of it. I will never buy that movie let alone watch it ever again.

11. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i love cry baby! :lol: then again im a fan of satire (done well that is, not those scary/date/epic movie pieces of crap)

speaking of crappy satire... when i was in blockbuster i couldnt believe my eyes... there was a movie about the onion! if you dont know the onion is a fake online newsite. the website is hilarious so i thought id give the movie a shot. it was terrible, i never laughed and turned it off halfway through.

harold and kumar escape guantanamo bay was truly terrible. i didnt pay to see this movie, but i was still pissed that i used my free movie on this piece of garbage. i didnt laugh a single time, but the 14 year olds in the audience laughed a lot. i guess im not a fan of stoner and racist jokes. van wilder 2 the rise of taj is in the same league, except they relied on sex and bodily fluid jokes. saw the second half of this on tv. i guess some film studios dont give movie goers a lot of credit when writing these scripts.

i usually like ben stiller, but the heartbreak kid was awful. i saw it a plane. again didnt laugh at this one. the plot outline seemed promising but the film just didnt deliver.

12. sidlewannabee

I saw cry baby, i thought it was okay. My friend forced me to watch it. The only problem was that i was half asleep when I watched it so I didn't really pay attention to it.

Overall there aren't too many movies that i hate. They are all pretty good. I really hate it though, when you have a movie and then you decide to make a sequel. But for the main character you use a different person altogether to play the same character. They are doing that for the movie Hoodwinked 2. Another plain example of that is the Prince and Me. Also the movie Return to Halloween was completely stupid. They changed the character of Marnie even though the first character was in the first 3 parts of Halloweentown.

13. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I just saw The Happening and about 20 minutes into the movie, the people next to me got up and left... and I was wondering whether or not I should follow them! Seriously, I've liked all the Shyamalan movies, (at least to an extent- The Lady in the Water wasn't that great) but this movie was just awful. The acting was terrible, despite having a decent cast. I think they were just WAY over-directed. The dialogue was so far from the usual savvy stuff that Shyamalan puts out there that I found myself wondering if he really wrote the screenplay.

The bummer thing is, his imagination is obviously still intact. It was a very cool idea. Unfortunately, his ability to convert his grand ideas to the screen seems to be waning really badly lately... or at least for the last 2 of his films.

In summation: the movie SUCKED! :lol:

14. sidlewannabee

I was very disappointed that he made a rated R movies. i am not allowed to see rated R movies so I was mad. i love his movies. They are more suspensful than scary though.

15. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

Just to add to this. Shyamalan himself actually said (after all the negative press) that the movie was supposed to be that way. To have a B movie feel to it. I just think it's him attempting to cover up a bad movie:lol::lol::lol: