Talk Law & Order Here

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Re: Talk Law & Order Here.

L&O (the original series) is due to return for season 18 in January. I guess that might depend upon the writers strike.

2. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Does this include Law & Order: SVU? Cuz I am dying to find some peeps who love that show and in particular who ship Elliot and Olivia together...yet another ship I ship! :lol:

3. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Elliot en Olivia is such a wrong ship. They are just partners and that doesn;t even go along well all the time!

Well, I hope the sriters strike stuff is ending soon! Tnx Dynamo for the answer!

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Yep all three shows of L&O: Orginial, SVU and CI. ;)

5. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

I'm definitely an EO shipper. It's really unhealthy. ;)

I liked this week's episode. But I really disappointed with the end result, it was too unrealistic. Anyone else watch?

I'm off to enjoy some CI, it looked pretty good :)

6. Destiny

Law & Order Returns in 2008

"NBC's old standby "Law & Order" will return to its familiar surroundings in January. - The network says the long-running show, which is about to begin its 18th season, will premiere at 9 p.m. ET Wednesday, Jan. 2 with a two-hour episode before settling back into its long-time 10 p.m. home the following week.

It will be joined on Jan. 9 by "Law & Order: Criminal Intent." It will move into the spot currently occupied by "Bionic Woman," which has already aired its last episode completed before the writers' strike. ("Life," which currently airs at 10 p.m. Wednesdays, finishes its string this week.) "Criminal Intent" moved to USA for original episodes this season, but NBC retained the right to rebroadcast the episodes on its airwaves.

The original "Law & Order" will welcome two new cast members, both of whom starred in "Kidnapped" last season. Jeremy Sisto will play Detective Cyrus Lupo, Ed Green's (Jesse L. Martin) new partner, and Linus Roache will play Michael Cutter, the new chief assistant district attorney paired with Alana De La Garza's Connie Rubirosa. Jack McCoy (Sam Waterston), meanwhile, has moved up to the post of Manhattan's district attorney.

Behind the scenes, long-time executive producer Rene Balcer is returning as showrunner. - "Law & Order" was initially scheduled to air on Sundays following the end of NBC's NFL coverage. The network hasn't finalized its midseason Sunday-night plans yet."

7. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Dammit I don't want to wait until 2009 for my Law and Order.

8. Destiny

Sorry about that it wasn't suppost to read 2009, but rather 2008. ;) I have corrected it now.

9. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Having it be 2008 just made my evening, yes I have a sad life :lol:

10. Dynamo1

Doink doink...

From TV Guide online:

Law & Order Cops Across the Pond

NBC Universal and Law & Order overlord Dick Wolf are in talks to grant a UK production company format rights to the long-running procedural, sources tell the Hollywood Reporter. If a deal is sealed, Law & Order: London would be coproduced by the chaps behind Hustle, air on ITV and represent the first English-language adaptation of a L&O series outside of the U.S. (Russia previously has launched local versions of SVU and Criminal Intent, while France has its own version of Law & Order: CI, where the "CI," due to unfortunate translation problems, stands for charcuterie incredible.)

11. Dynamo1

Case Closed.

Fred Thompson quits presidential race

By DAVID ESPO and LIZ SIDOTI, Associated Press Writer
    January 22, 2008 - 4:32 PM

NAPLES, Fla. - Republican Fred Thompson, the actor-politician who attracted more attention as a potential presidential candidate than as a real one, quit the race for the White House on Tuesday after a string of poor finishes in early primary and caucus states.
    ADVERTISEMENT

"Today, I have withdrawn my candidacy for president of the United States. I hope that my country and my party have benefited from our having made this effort," the former Tennessee senator said in a brief statement.

12. Dynamo1

From TV Guide online:

Read Out of Order: Jesse L. Martin Calls It Quits

After nine years of playing Det. Ed Green (and after many months of speculation), Jesse L. Martin is expected to leave NBC's Law & Order. Sources tell the Hollywood Reporter that Martin, who had originally signed on for at least 13 episodes this season, will film one more show in which his alter ego is written off of the canvas.

Perhaps filling the void left by Martin will be Anthony Anderson, who is said to be in final talks to join L&O. Anderson (most recently of Fox's short-lived K-Ville) would play a new detective partnered with Jeremy Sisto's Lupo.

13. Destiny

I am not surprised really, I was just talking about L&O and that if it got renewed that would be a miracle, because it seems like its running on its last legs. At first I thought I was spoiled by Jerry when he was on the show and the chemistry he had with the cast. But then his leaving and his death.. Jesse, S. Epatha, and Sam kept me watching though the phases of Dennis and Milena.

But then I Noticed S.Epatha was doing guest shots on other shows (ie closer), and Sam's role changed and he got less air time, and Jesse just didn't seem into his role like in the past. These three were considered the "orginials" left of the show.

Lord knows I am use to the "revolving door" of this show I have seen it from the beginning, all the actors that came and went, so this is why I am not surprised, just like I wouldn't be surprised to hear if S. Epatha and Sam were to leave to. My problem is that while they don't do the samething over and over, the cycle has just ran its course.

Actually I don't even watch any of the L&O's anymore, well the exception of CI but then I only watch when Kathryn and Vincent are on there, but even then only if an ep catches my eye. L&O orginial has had a good run, I mean eighteen seasons and a revolving door for actors. I don't know maybe they will get better with a fresher cast but I just don't know if I would be watching it. Maybe I just need a break from it to make sure.

But I wish Jesse all the best in future jobs and hope to see him again. But dear lord do NOT kill the poor guy off, I mean really let him transfere out please.

ETA: I just found this from E! Online about Jesse, at the end of the article it says.
    "Since its inception in 1990, L&O has had nine different main detectives, two lieutenants, three executive assistant district attorneys, seven assistant D.A.'s (six of them women) and four district attorneys, including longtime first chair Sam Waterston, who moved behind the big desk this year after 13 seasons of imposing order."

ETA 2: I just saw this story and a big congradulations Vincent D'Onofrio, wife welcome new son
    Vincent D'Onofrio's wife delivered the perfect Valentine Day's gift: a baby boy. Luca D'Onofrio was born Feb. 14 to the "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" star and his wife, Carin.
    The boy, who weighed 7 pounds, 15 ounces, and his mother "are doing great," Golum said.
    The couple have a 6-year-old son, Elias. D'Onofrio has a teenage daughter from a previous marriage.

14. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

This is so depressing. I love Jesse Martin, he's the only thing that keeps me tuning in.

In all honestly, I really can't stand Anthony Anderson and I think he's a poor choice for a replacement. When he guest starred on SVU, he was a really unlikeable Detective. Hopefully they change his personality a bit.

15. Destiny

Re: Talk Law & Order Here *May Contain Spoilers*

Okay "Ask Ausiello" recently gave some tidbits one is a spoiler one is just info.

Question: Any Law & Order: SVU scoop? It's been forever! [Name Removed]
    Ausiello: Production is about to commence on the show's landmark 200th episode and I hear it's going to be huge.

Question: Is there any confirmation of Anthony Anderson replacing Jesse L. Martin on Law & Order?"[Name Removed]
    Ausiello: Not yet. I'm sure it's written in some contract that NBC can't announce his hiring until Fox officially cancels K-Ville.
    Meanwhile, I hear a gun plays a major role in Det. Green's impending exit.