Why Lindsay REALLY Must Go (Pt. 2)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joolz

Joolz Police Officer

Tonights episode really brought it home to me. As much as I adore Flack and Danny and Mac and Stella, I found 4 x 03 flat......but I'll explain that in another thread........The worrying thing was that I didn't notice the absence of Lindsay until she showed up halfway in and started to instantly irritate me.

I shouldn't do that with a main character???? Should I? I cannot find one redeeming feature with the character......If I didn't have to replace it at great expense I would be more than tempted to put my foot through my tv whenever she appears....

In Australia and the US and other countries, if you get bitten by a poisonous reptile or spider there is an antivenom to counterract the effects........would someone please manufacture an anti-Lindsey potion so I could take it and watch CSI NY without ill effects when she shows up on screen..... as it stands I have to stick my fingers in my ears and go blah blah blah whenever she appears.... :( :(

2. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

Manhunt - the episode of Law and Order: SVU Anna Belknap was/is on - is playing on KVOS right now, channel 23 in Vancouver.

It's not as bad as CSI: NY, but still cringe worthy.

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Lindsay must REALLY go because even people that like her are talking about her inconsistencies, lack of solid characterization and Anna's inability to pull off more dramatic scenes. If that isn't a sign of a worthless character, I don't know what is.

4. HoratioFan4ever

HoratioFan4ever Hit and Run

Lindsay just has no personality to me. Anna just doesn't do a good enough job. She is unconvincing, and a awful actress. I don't get any emotion or feeling that I get from other characters such as Danny, Flack, and Stella. Detective Angell is way more fun and interesting, and she isn't even a regular! I am so sick of people thinking that all NY is now is the Danny/Lindsay show. Danny has more chemistry with a corpse than Lindsay. I don't know how people can think that having sex on a pool table justifies as having a relationship. They had a one night stand for heavens sake! Ok, rant over!!

5. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Thank you so much for saying that. :D That's what I've been saying since it happened.

I've noticed a lot of that this season. What does that tell everybody if even the Lindsay fans think she's lacking? :rolleyes:

ROFL. Bless you, that made me laugh. :lol: Also, it's the truth.

Lindsay is a lost cause. They should give up. We've been tortured enough. :p I've been screencapping episodes and I must say, I delete most of Lindsay's caps because she has almost the exact same scrunch face expression in all of them. It's almost impossible to find a decent screencap of her and ONE of that expression is enough.

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

:lol: The corpse thing cracked me up--sad but true! :lol: But yeah, I agree with a lot of this.

7. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

I was going to put this in the mistakes thread but I didn't think they would appreciate this there.
    [​IMG]
    Lindsay appeared. :rolleyes: :lol:

8. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

^Now that is just mean :D

I wouldn't call Lindsay's appearance a mistake, the mistake was made when the writers decided to build her character around Danny (and of course, giving Anna the acting material that woke up the scrunch face). In my opinion there is one bit of a hope left for her. It is there, sitting in the corner, trembling and hidden in the dark, wondering if it should run far far away. To be very honest, in the last few episodes of season 4 she was better than she was in season 3. Anyway, I still believe that she deserves to go, but I don't blame this only on Anna because the writers have 70% of the guilt. Yes, I have said that there is a tiny ounce of hope for her left because I like to give people chances to redeem themselves. In this case, the writers should redeem themselves, although Anna's acting skills are not exactly Oscar worthy.

9. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Hmmm..I'm not sure if I agree that they should get that much blame. I think a better actress could have done better with the crappy writing and that a better actress would have more insight on who Lindsay is than Anna does. Lindsay doesn't seem that important to Anna and it shows.

10. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

Yeah I think that the writers could have made Lindsay a former line-dancing hooker from Montana who sold hard drugs to high school kids by day and had a fetish for orange juice. And had it been someone other than Anna playing Lindsay they would have pulled this of better than anything Anna has tried to do so far despite how bad it might seem.

I think that her story line would have looked a lot less blargh if another actor had been Lindsay. Anna just accentuates any problems in the writing. The writing would have appeared better had the acting been pulled off.

11. Top41

I'll be honest, I put more of the blame on Anna than I do on the writers. A good actor or actress can take a nothing role and make the character appealing and likable. Look at AJ or Eric Szmanda from CSI. Those roles started out as so incredibly minor but they grew because of how good AJ and Eric were, and how much they brought to the roles.

The writing for Lindsay in season three was terrible, but Anna's acting didn't rise above it. And the writing for her wasn't so terrible in season two or and it's not so bad now. The problem is that at best she's background scenery. I think the issue with Lindsay is more miscasting than anything else.

12. owlki

owlki Witness

I read the interview with AJ and this part had me laughing...

"Buckley: ...Both Gary and Carmine have such a cool storyline with that, especially when [Danny's] brother got beat up, that scene in the hospital, when Carmine and Gary were outside, I thought that was a really powerful scene. Which I think you need more of, because it makes the characters in the show more relatable and more vulnerable. That's the thing: the cast are all proven, prior to the show, to be great actors. Like Eddie, the work that he's done, the films that he's been in, Carmine, Hill, and Melina. Everybody's done great work, so when the writers write that stuff, you know you're going to get a good performance out of the cast. They've really got a great stable of actors. It's just great to be around."

Do you notice there's a name missing?

Oh, yeah, it's not missing... he's talking about talented actors after all... :lol:

13. Lampdor

Lampdor Prime Suspect

^^ LOL thanks for pointing that out!!! I think Anna lacks passion, I mean the way A.J talks about his character in that interview ... wow, he was excited about it and all his answers regarding Adam were so well thought out. Anna's interview was so blargh as if she doesn't really give a rat's ass and would rather be hanging out with her husband and kid or something.

14. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

There was an old interview with Anna (and the only one I have read for that matter) in which when she was asked about Lindsay she didn't even know what to answer. She babbled 2 sentences about her relationship with Danny. When I compared her ten sentences that made a whole interview with the ones given by Carmine, Hill and AJ, I laughed. If the actress that portrays Lindsay is not INTERESTED (and not to mention involved) in her work, then why should we be? When Carmine and AJ were asked questions about Danny and Adam they just couldn't stop talking. And if they were allowed they would have probably spent the whole day talking about that.

Whenever the director yells "action" there is no Gary, Melina, Carmine, Hill, Eddie, Robert or AJ, they transform in their characters. When I see Lindsay on the screen I feel like Anna is bored and all she can think about is how to say her lines faster so that she can get away from work. It isn't just the fact that it's bad beyond anything, but is the fact that Anna is not even trying.

Many people didn't like Danny in the beginning of the show, but now he's the most popular character, and dare I say one of the most talented actor from the cast, and that is why he got all that development. I imagine that the writers are somehow aware of this fact, since Lindsay didn't get anything apart from that horrible secret and that awful thing they call "relationship" with Danny, and she's one of the main characters of the show. As Lampdor put it, Anna doesn't give a rat's ass about Lindsay.

15. Top41

Heh, I noticed that, too. :lol: I imagine it wasn't purposeful (like, he wasn't saying, everyone else is good but Anna!), but the absence was glaring. Of course, when you look at the work of Gary, Melina, Carmine, Eddie and Hill, well, they all have some truly great performances.

Anna? *crickets chirping*

Yeah, not so much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.