Fanfic Request/Ideas, Recommendation & Showcase

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Kaye, Jun 9, 2005.

1. csifreak16

csifreak16 Victim

Re: Fanfiction Request, Reccomendation, & Showcase

hi. shameless self promotion. linkage to my fanfiction is in my sig. sorry if this isn't allowed.

there's a whole load of stuff on it & more to come! <3

2. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

Hey guys I had a dream last night with Grissom in it (boasting or what and no get your minds out of the gutter). anyway I wondered if one of the talented writers out there might be inspired to fill in the story?

In my dream Grissom was away from Vegas by himself studying bugs in the field somewhere in the wilderness. He was looking all Grissly Adams like he did after the sabbatical. So he'd been required by injury on the job or suspension to take time out from being a CSI.

Anyway he is in a Jackpot type small town and he stumbles across a murder/body and the locals do not realize who they are dealing with.....

i would *love* someone to write something along the lines of a "Bus man's Holiday" as we'd call it in the UK.

Just an idea anyway.

3. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

I'd give it a try, but I don't know much about LV, but there are alot of talented writer's who could write you a good one. :)

4. csifreak16

csifreak16 Victim

would we? :/ never heard that before. <3

5. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

Idioms: busman's holiday

Free time spent in much the same pursuit as one's work. For example, Weather permitting, the lifeguard spent all her days off at the beach--a real busman's holiday. The term alludes to a bus driver spending his day off taking a long bus ride. [Late 1800s]

http://www.answers.com/topic/busman-s-holiday

6. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

Hey everyone I have something I'd like to run by you. A new friend of mine is interested in starting a new project in the CSI Miami fanfiction community and I just wanted to know what you all thought of the idea. Essentially it would be a community written story. Sort of like co-authoring but not exactly. Each author would write a different chapter of the same overall fic. There would be an outline of sorts to follow that would be agreed upon before beginning with the project. Then each author would take his or her turn and write a chapter. The next author would pick up where the last one left off and continue on. It would be passed around from person to person until the entire fic was finished.

So, I guess all I'm asking is if you all think you'd be interested in doing something like that. Please PM me and let me know if you're interested! Thanks.

More Info

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

::waves:: I'm sorta new and thought I'd say hi. I have written three CSI LV fics that are all tied together. I had it on my easyjournal page, but took them down for editing and haven't gotten them back up yet. In the first one, it's Nick/OC. The second and third are Nick/same OC and Catherine/Grissom. I am currently working on a fourth fic that will center around Greg finding love (cause the poor guy needs a girlfriend already). I haven't yet decided if I'm going to tie it in with my other fics or not (cause I'd have to change a lot- ie: Grissom and Sara will not have been together, Nick would have stayed in the diner on this past thursday's ep for a different reason than the waitress, etc). I don't often write really racy love scenes though. I could, but I tend to make even myself blush when I re-read them LOL, so I don't do that too often, so no worries there.

I may just go ahead and post my fics here instead of putting them back on easyjournal. Not sure yet. Apparently when I copy from MS Word and paste into a post window here, it puts all kinds of weird codes on the post and it's a pain to remove them. I've not yet figured out how to keep the codes from showing up. Does anyone know what specific font and size is used for this forum (the default font I mean)? I'm thinking that maybe if I change my fic in MS Word to whatever font/size this forum uses that might take care of the weird coding problem.

Requests:
    Does anyone know if there are any Ryan/Valera fics out there anywhere or Jake/Calleigh? How about any CSI (either NY, LV or Miami, or even all three together) crossed-over with Bones, Criminal Minds, Without A Trace or Numbers. Or any c/o's with Invisible Man (the Sci-fi show from 2000-2002). Or even any crossovers with Special Unit 2 (the show where they hunted monsters). I read one fic one time that was a CSI LV/BTVS/Angel c/o. That was very interesting. Or CSI c/o's with Supernatural would be awesome.

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  8. GregNickRyanFan

Sorry for the double post as I just thought of this and it was too late to edit the previous post. I was wondering if anyone knew of any CSI (either Vegas, NY or Miami) c/o's with USA's "Burn Notice". Miami would be the logical choice since I think that's where Burn Notice is supposed to take place.

9. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

Not sure if this is the correct thread or not BUT I read a story a long, long, time ago... and it was VERY good. I've just remembered it and would love to find it.

I *believe* it involved a young girl who was injured in a car accident. Greg became friends with her and eventually got into trouble because hospital workers thought his relationship with her was unnatural. I think she was about fifteen. In one scene he brings her a bear.

High chance it involves yobling. I've always had an affinity for reading yobling.

Also, not sure if it's the same story or not... but the one I was really looking for involved a blackout in the lab. I think Grissom just turned off the lights. Then there was a gunman, I think Greg got shot trying to save Archie's life. Maybe the other way around? Catherine was def. in the building when the gunman was there. The story follows from there... and I think it developed into a Greg/Archie romance. Not wholly sure though.

Anyone think you can help?

10. brttmclv

brttmclv Victim

Recommendations:

Memories of Brooklyn by BrownEyedGirl75
    Don and OC fic. Amazingly well written. Some explicit scenes. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4150599/1/Memories_of_Brooklyn

What It Means by Madison Bellows
    Don and OC fiv again. Alos well written.
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3805922/1/What_It_Means

What The Eyes Can't See by Axelia
    Another Don fic. With a slight Supernatural crossover.
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2930887/1/What_The_Eyes_Cant_See

I mainly encourage all the NY and Don lovers to check out Aphina, Maddison Bellows, Axelia and BrownEyedGirl75. They write their own fics and even work together. They don't just focus on Don either. They add the other members in as well. They use each other characters but it's amazing to read. They are ridiculously amawzing writers and keep you on your toes.

Now I have a couple Don fics but one is my baby.

Bonds
    MA rating.
    Future scenes not for children
    It's in progress.
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4260298/1/Bonds

And you can go to my profile to find more NY stories and read the amazing authors works on there as well! Hope you enjoy them!!

11. RIPTimSpeedle

RIPTimSpeedle Witness

Scene of the crime. There is the body of the man from the first scene laying on the floor with a pool of blood next to his head. The only light source is coming from the window across from the body. The moon light shinning through the window casting a square of the body. The rest of the two joined rooms is in darkness. There is a bloodly hand mark on the table. The police officer at the door is holding his belt and radio as he steps to the side Dectective Jim Brass walks through the door. He is wearing a pair of black shirt pants with a blue coloured shirt and a black tie with a deep grey suit jacket. He walks in holding a small flash light and a notepad. He is in his 50's and is a very good if not the best Homacide Dectective on the force. In behind him walks Warrick Brown. Warrick is a CSI level 3 and is very good at what he does. Warrick is wearing dark blue jeans with a black T shirt with his CSI level 3 badge round his neck. His strandard issue sidearm is on his belt. Warrick already has his latex gloves on. As he steps through the door he lifts his hand clicking his little pen light on the dead body. In Warrick's other hand he holds his silver CSI case Right behind him steps Greg Sanders. CSI level 1 still a rookie to the whole Crime Scene Investigation. He is wearing light blue jeans and a grey t shirt with a black CSI sleeveless jacket on. He is still putting on his other latex glove as he steps into the room aswell as trying to hold his silver CSI case. Greg only in his early 20's finishes putting his glove on and pulls out his penlight flicking it on and scanning it over the body. They look at the body as Jim Brass talks to them.

JIM BRASS: Lee Paulson. Aged 35. Lived with his dog. Neighbours reported his dog scratching at the front door trying to get in. They called the police to check up on it. First officer on the scene tried the bell when there was no answer decided to check the house out and found him dead. No one else has set foot in here.

WARRICK BROWN: Ok. Thanks Brass.
    GREG SANDERS: Do we know if this guy has any family?
    JIM BRASS: We're still looking into it. Am going to go talk with the neighbours. See if our friend has had any visitors.

Jim Brass turns and heads out as the police officer on the door follows him out of the house. Warrick walks over to the body and crouches down taking a closer look at the wound. Greg puts his kit case down and walks over to the table checking out the bloodly hand print.

WARRICK BROWN: Bunt force to the head. Can't get a good look at the wound. Doc might be able to tell us more.
    GREG SANDERS: I got a bloodly hand print on the table.
    WARRICK BROWN: looks like some kind of fibres in the wound.

As Warrick turns his light across the body he spots something at the foot of the door in the hallway out side. He walks over and shines his light on the tiled floor. It shows a foot print.

WARRICK BROWN: I got a foot print. Most likely a sneaker. Am going to get the electro static dust print lifter from the SUV. Take a sample of the blood on the hand print and get a couple of those fibres from the wound.

Warrick Brown steps round the edge of the door and heads out to the SUV. Greg takes a swab out of his kit and crouches down next to the table and carefully runs the swab through the outer part of the blood. He lifts up the brown cap and clips it into place protecting the swab. He then puts it into his kit and takes out his tweezers. He steps over to the body and crouches down to collect some of the fibres from the wound. As Greg is leaning over the cloest door slowly opens and out steps a man from the shadows behind Greg. He lifts a cloth in his hands.

(Now if you read this and want to know what happens to Greg Sanders then please read CSI: Own Risk as the story caters to both Las Vegas fans and Miami too. However if your a New York fan then why not try my new CSI: Tri Warning story it also includes Miami and a brand new team Los Angeles lead by a female supervisor for the fime time ever. Thanks for reading this and hope to read some feedback from you all soon.)

12. canmom3

canmom3 Victim

Not sure if I'm posting in the proper place, but I'll take the chance:

I'm looking for a fic that involves Danny and Lindsay secretly watching Mac playing at Cozy's bar and Mac dedicates a song to Stella. Sound faniliar to anyone?????

Also there was some fantastic SMacked fics by an author named Carianne but her page seems to have been taken down. Does anyone know where else her fics are posted or anyway to send her an email?

Thanks for any help you can offer:)

13. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Just a question concerning these: Did you initially find the fics at TalkCSI? Or were they read at a different site? It might help if it were narrowed down a wee bit.

^ As for Carianne, I've been searching for her but I haven't come up with anything. When I do get results, the pages are down--which is similar to what you mentioned.

I'm not sure if you're still searching but:

You can find Ryan/Valera fics at sombras-azules.livejournal.com -- whom I believe is midnight_tiptoes of TalkCSI?, The DNA Lab, iluvroadrunner6.livejournal.com, zerodetorres.livejournal.com, etc.

As per Jake/Calleigh fics:

Jessica237 as authored some JC fics. You can find them here.

(If those who belong to the links above aren't comfortable with me linking to the LJ/ff.net journals/profiles, just let me know and I'll remove them)

For the crossover fics, I found a community on LJ, however some of the fics are NC-17 and higher, so if you send me a PM, I'll be happy to help you out. ;)

You can find Supernatural/CSI:NY crossover fics here. Not sure if they've done SPN/other CSIs.

I found two 'The Invisible Man/CSI' crossover fics here. (as I'm not familiar with the first show, I can't say with confidence that this is what you're looking for)

I did find some CSI/Without A Trace, however those are rated pretty high so I can't link them here. You can always Google them and any other ones you're interested in reading. :)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  14. canmom3

canmom3 Victim

speed_cochrane, I really wish I could narrow down a site for this fic I'm looking for. I'm relatively new to SMacked, so I've been overdosing on fics for the past month!

Thanks for the info on Carianne. I hope her stories show up somewhere. They're so great.

15. GregNickRyanFan

Thanks for the links, speed_cochrane. And yeah, that's the right Invisible Man. :)