Horatio/Yelina #8: Waiting A Lifetime For A Moment Like This

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

Re: Horatio/Yelina #8: Waiting A Lifetime For A Moment Like

I agree, Lucy that its another example of both bowing to David's whims, and just poor story-telling. I'm really a fan of literature, where story-telling is the whole point. Miami (and most of TV) jumps from high point to high point without the necessary connective info to make a good story - the Kyle story just the latest example. They've never even explained how H suspected Kyle was his son in the first place. He just looks at him and knows? Good one. A lot of the H/Y material had the same quality, but I put up with it because of that fantastic chemistry - again, the only reason I watched the show. And there have been meager pickings for fans like me for several years now. If it weren't for the company of all you, I'd probably have given up a long time ago!

2. Lunalove

Lunalove Police Officer

First of all: welcome back Ducky, MD and Kit. It's great to see you all! :D

Second: a belated happy birthday Kitten. ;)

And Lucy, yeah my new ava is fraking fantastic. (Sorry about the pun...) :lol:

I think I'll wait until I get to see the Kyle story for myself, and Lords of Kobol knows when that'll be! :rolleyes:

Oh, and erm, did someone mention 'Ze taskforce'?! Muahahahahaha! :devil:

3. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I don't like the Kyle story myself cause they had other story plots that kept jumping around & never finished. To me the Miami today is nothing more than a glorified soap opera than what it was before the Marisol junk started. Anyway, I come bearing gifts. Sorry I'm not around much but............so much has been going on & just to long to go into it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Long time no see katpin. I do hope alls well with you and your family. Anyway this place is a nice escape, especially when real life gets tough.

I do agree the writing for Miami has alot of room for improvement. This is true when I watch CSI and CSI:NY, especially NY.

Well I get s8 of CSI next week here, which I'm looking forward to, and after CSI ends s8, I'll get s6 of Miami. Can't wait but thats a long time away still.

5. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Yep, it's that telepathic thing that H has going on. :rolleyes: I wholeheartedly agree with you. Good storytelling that boasts great continuity is very rare. This is where BSG excels btw. ;) Thoughtful, intelligent writing is something that Miami hasn't had the benefit of since Season 3, and even then, it was never great writing.

My feelings too. That, and the continued hope that something will go our way eventually. ;)

Again, I agree and it's great to see you katpin. I hope you're okay and thanks for the wallpapers! :D

Lunalove, I still love your icon! :devil:

6. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Anyone read the Emily Procter interview on CSI Files?

H's ex Julia is coming back, but no mention of Y. I still hope there'll be a chance to see Y face off with Julia.

7. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Yeah I read the interview and noticed what she said about upcoming episodes. I still think there's a chance we'll see Yelina because they had planned on bringing her back for some episodes and with eight more episodes, I think that gives them plenty of time to write her in somewhere. I just hope they do.

Then again, I always like to think that they're being so hush hush about Y cause they don't want the surprise to be spoiled. :devil:...ok I know that's a little far fetched but I can't help it.

8. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I really hope so too.

I also think that eight more episodes gives a good chance of Y being writen back in.

In the meantime, any games we can come up with to pass the time till more spoilers? Luce, time to post some caps from your H/Y collection and maybe we can guess the episode again? :)

9. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I'm happy to post pictures, even though we've seen them all before I'm sure. ;) The caption game was fun, so we could do that. I don't mind, but I agree it's good to pass the time somehow, when there's nothing new to discuss on the spoiler front.

[​IMG]

They're looking a little tired here...or maybe they are daydreaming. :D

10. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Aw, definitely daydreaming. ;)

I missed the captions when I was away, so I would like to see more too. I know the word is that Sofia may be back this season, but I presume storylines have been delayed due to the strike. Unless of course, they bring any Yelina involvement in the show forward. We can live in hope I guess! :D

11. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

They look more like tired from pulling an all nighter, if you know what I mean. :devil:

Caption game works for me too. Here goes:

H: (trying to ask Y out for dinner) Uh... I um...
    Y: How long are you gonna keep me waiting? I'm falling asleep here.

12. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

From Miami Spoiler Lab

Post by Elsie :

OK, some spoilers are in for #615, which will be called 'Ambush'. Unfortunately I don't watch Miami enough to know what information to spoil you with... So I don't know if this makes any sense: The team all appear to be investigating the death of Kathleen Newberry (who I believe is a previous character?). And going by what some of you have mentioned in posts above, you may be glad to know that Julia is in this one. As is Yelina.

Wow hope this to be truth.. what a nice surprise :D

13. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Wow, is right, pusher. Hoping it is indeed true AND that we can appreciable Y moments at some point.

Thanks much for the info. :)

14. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

Well, at this point in the evening I have had too much to drink, so I think this is what they're saying:
    H: Why are all those people throwing rocks at me?
    Y: Because they are tired of seeing me get all of the grief and none of the satisfaction of being screwed by you.

I'm with you Pusher, in that I haven't watched much, but is that the character that Kyle kidnapped, and who was supposed to testify against him until his mama had her rubbed out?

15. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

I think so. It was something like this... but I`m not absolutely sure. The sad or funny part is that now I try to remeber seasen 6 premiere, but without any result.. just Miami is so far away from me.. even when I read this news I was more surprise then to feel happy.. if u know what I mean. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.