The photos of the day!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BlueCurl, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Calleigh D
    + Its really nice to see holly, I love how you captured the colour cos its soo recognisable
    - Its a tad to close for my liking maybe would have been better if was slightly further away give the edge specially with the white a tad more definition

My First Pic here... took today when me and friend went to Brighton beach for lunch, it was one of those perfect days when the sky was so clear.

Taken on my phone (not its highest setting) so would be better if i had.

[​IMG]

2. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

Dawni
    + Nice picture, interesting patterns in the foreground.
    - Your horizon is not strait, if you put this into a photo manipulation software, you can straiten it out without too much difficulty.

Mine for today, not a tulip, just a butterfly bush.

[​IMG]

3. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

@Dawni: I've been in Brighton last summer :D I already recognised that pier before I read that it was Brighton :D

@Amy777:
    + the whole photo! Nice job. Can't say anything else
    - It looks like there is a paper behind the photo. It has some dark vague lines. The one at the top of the wing is not the greatest. And the flower at the bottom! ;)

Mine:
    [​IMG]

4th page already :D

4. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Dawni
    + I really like nature and water photos, very nice.
    - I don't know if you were going for the people and the beach or the buildings. Picking one or the other can make either mor einteresting.

Amy777
    + Loving the bright colors and the Monarch looks like it's posing for you.
    - The Monarach seems fuzzy and there is a bump or line right above it creating a grayish line.

BlueCurl
    + Again liking the nature photos. The contrasts of the grass to the wind generator works well.
    - The grass looks a bit white in color towards the tips. The clouds in the lower left are a bit distracting as well.

This is what happens when 16+ inches dumps on the state.

[​IMG]

5. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

Wolfsgamergirl
    + wow that is a lot of snow. I like the wavy line that the show makes on the roof, very interesting subject.
    - the dark tree really stands out and draws you eye to it.

Mine for today. Another picture of the tigers at the zoo.

[​IMG]

6. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Amy777
    + I love tigers, and the facial expression you captured is amazing.
    - Composition wise, I find that the large portion of the tree trunk bland and somewhat takes away from the tiger's attraction. Your eye is someone drawn to it in trying to figure that little space out.

Mine for today: A sunrise in the deserts of Namibia

[​IMG]

7. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

@Gealen:
    very nice! are you from Namibia? Must be very nice there! So much nature to explore and such a different culture then here in Holland!
    + Just a nice random scenery photo everybody likes! Really great! With the single tree and the sun!
    - It is a bit blurry but not from movement... But because the sun is shing direclty into the camera. I think it would be cooler of the levels would be a bit harder... you get a better contrast then.

Back from my trip to Belgium... I was asked not to take any photos when i got my camera out at a concert... so to bad... Other than that i visited a abandoned village:

[​IMG]

For the complete serie: click

8. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Some concert runners are so picky with that, it really does bite when they say no. A lot of people aren't going to sell the photos, but they have to be careful none the less.

BlueCurl
    + The sheer randomness of the objects, as well as the placement, really appeal to the eye.
    - The window in the background with the paint can, I think that's what it is, catches the eye and distracts a bit.

Still another from the snow, my neighbor attempting to knock the snow over hang down.

[​IMG]

9. geekloverulesGSR

geekloverulesGSR Police Officer

it's been ages since i've posted on talkcsi!
    oh how i have missed thee.
    good to be back, just thought i would mention that :)

wolfesgamergirl
    +I love how he's wearing a deep red suit, it contrasts well with the white snow!
    -the dark trees in the back are a bit distracting from the overall picture.

taken on my trip to Ottawa last year,

yup, right here

10. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

geekloverulesGSR
    + nice picture, interesting city scape, good overall composition.
    - using a photo manipulation software to increase the contrast just a little bit would make this picture really pop.

one last tulip for a while.

[​IMG]

11. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Amy777
    + Incredible sharpness. Crisp and a lovely subject matter. The blurred foreground and background sets the picture just right. Love how the green shows up here and there.
    - I can only say that if the colours were a little more brilliant, it would add better contrast and would make the tulips a little more alive.

I'm actually from Malaysia, but am currently living in Namibia because of my mom's job. I'm sure the scenery here is very different to that of Holland, and is uniquely special to this region of the world. :) As for the picture, I think the blur is from movement, I had to take it out of the car window since you're not allowed to step out of the car in the national park :p

Mine for today: Sunset on the dunes.

[​IMG]

12. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Gaelen
    + I like the sand and the setting sun. Makes me feel warm with all the snow that I'm surrounded by. The foor prints are very cool.
    - From the angle you are at, the people are a bit distracting as well as the hill on the right. Perhaps moving over a step to the left would have centered that.

Here's another snow picture, I'm starting to wish it was Spring so I could get different photos to share. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

13. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

@Gealen
    Just so nice! Your photos make me want to go on a summer holiday!

@wolfesgamergirl
    I also want spring again. Those cold, dark days (without snow here) have lasted long enough now!
    + Lots of line work! Then you have things to follow within the photo. Usually very pleasant for the brain!
    - You have such snow and yet those around the house photos! Try to go out and get those nice scenery shots! You've got the weather for it!

[​IMG]

14. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

BlueCurl
    + Interesting subject, it has the nostalgic feel of "along time ago..."
    - Some of the highlights are blown out from the sun on the back wall

Mine for today. Anothere zoo picture. This is a Weaver bird

[​IMG]

15. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Amy777
    + The angle you took makes the look rather proud. Very interesting.
    - There's a lot of negative space that's not used in the background. If there were clouds or something to break that blue, would have made the picture pop more.

Here's mine for today: Rock Pool on the beaches of Swakopmund.

[​IMG]