Jorja Fox Promises Return To 'CSI'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i don't think it would ruin anything b/c we are talking about an exit scene and you wouldn't see him again. once again though, i agree that it would be a cheezy, predictable and very un-CSI-ish ending. that's why i doubt it will happen.
    i have special magical powers. like when i read provocative posts that always sound the same, i can see the person's keyboard in flames with my third eye :p j/k, j/k ;)
    maybe. idk to what you are refering to, but it could be true. on the other hand, GSR was there since day one - you can't argue with that. if they completely dropped this storyline wouldn't it be bad continuity as well?

ok, i understand your line of thinking when you say that they should've dropped the whole thing after Grissom rejected her. you think it was forced b/c he didn't like her enough before. but you see, Grissom is an enigma and you never know what he is thinking. and second - the actors always played those scenes keeping in mind that GSR might happen one day.

and one last thing. you say the continuity on this show is bad b/c of GSR. but ... this show is not about continuity. more things happen off screen than you see in the episodes. this is why CSI is so unique and that's why there are so many ships and fan fiction. you can't blame the writers for not continuing some storylines b/c the format of this show allows it. it's the freedom the writers have, and what makes the scripts so flexible.

2. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Sorry, but that's actually one of the funniest things I've heard. The fact that Sara wasn't even in the Pilot notwithstanding, it was a completely one-sided infatuation for more than five seasons. Gil gave out more romantic innuendos to Charlotte (the fingerprint tech in the Pilot) and Terri Miller in the few episodes she was in than he did in the first 5+ seasons working with Sara. The writers lost any credibility with me when they continued on with the infatuation after Gil clearly said "no" to Sara's offer. Anything after that would have been considered harassment in most any other workplace, but I guess since it was a man that said "no", it didn't count.

I also find it interesting that everyone seems to think that if Sara does return, Gil would welcome her with open arms. After the way she shut him out and left abruptly without even any kind of explanation. A cowardly letter doesn't count in my book because she had many opportunites to verbalize any part of her feelings in the days and weeks leading up to her departure. I'd not be surprised if Grissom didn't trust his heart to her again. In fact, I think that would be a nice return for Sara - Gil saying "no" again, and her actually getting the hint.

3. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

ITA Kaylyne! Well said :D

4. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i knew somebody will say it's not true and that she was there since day TWO. lmao. grissom knew her before though.
    still, it was there. can't argue with that. how do you know they didn't go through anything in San Fran? in A La Cart, Grissom clearly said that for him, his relationship with her started 9 years ago. so as much as GSR is complicated, and how many things we haven't seen, it's not true that it came from nowhere.
    Hank?

besides, who said that the moment you lay your eyes on somebody you're instantly in love? it was a long developing process for them. certainly not a fairytale. but ... so what? life is not one either.

5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I read an article from 2 years ago where WP was interviewed and gave his explanation of Grissom and Sara's relationship. He explained that at the beginning they clearly flirted and had some feelings for each other, but Grissom looked at it more as a mentor/student relationship, whereas Sara was probably infatuated. Finally, in season 5 he felt that Sara was now more Grissom's equal and that she had matured and he was seeing it in a different perspective. He said 'at some point the student catches up to or surpasses the mentor'(not a direct quote). To me this explains what happened in the earlier seasons. I can say when I go back and watch 'The Accused is Entitled' there is definitely some jealousy and confusion in Grissom's reaction to finding out about Sara's relationship with Hank.
    He has also mentioned in more recent interviews that Grissom's revelation in LD was as much to himself as it was to his coworkers, that he loved Sara. Like was mentioned before, Grissom is an enigma. His ability to love comes slowly and not spontaneously. I think he is still trying to figure out what it all means. That's why to me it's not a stretch for him to welcome Sara back with open arms. At some level he is probably blaming himself for not helping her more.

6. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I don't know, to me it's a bit over the top giving every detail to support your argument, especially when people have different opinions on the details you give. I guess it's up to everyone's own interpretation. I can argue with that simply because I don't agree with it at all. To me, the term GSR stands for Grissom-Sara relationship/romance, and they weren't in a relationship let alone romance until probably late-season 5, as revealed in A La Cart. It's easy for TPTB or the actors to say anything about it after it has happened (not to mention that what they have to say about something seems to change all the time), but whether it was really there since day one...two, in my opinion, is whether the viewers pick up anything along the way or not. As for whether they had had anything back when Sara was in SF or not hasn't even been mentioned on the show. It's just viewers' assumption.

I didn't come here to debate *waves white flag*, I just think claiming it's been there since the beginning (or not) as truth is a bit odd...and arrogant.

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

It sounds like we are saying the same thing. It seems that there was some flirting and some type of relationship in the earlier seasons, but no romance til season 5. The fact that Grissom claims the relationship started in San Francisco(via 'a la cart') is part of his mystery. What does he really consider a relationship? He probably feels that he and LH and Terry Miller also had a relationship; and he also has a relationship with Catherine, Nick and Warrick. But his relationship with Sara has been evolving and growing deeper.
    And,yes, TPTB have left if somewhat ambiguous until Season 6, so they could progress that storyline along a timeline consistent with the show and the actors' contracts. Most actors don't stay with a show this long so I think they waited to have it peak at a time when both JF and WP's contract were due to expire. If the actors choose to return part time, they can write their return in the context of their relationship; which I hope would be that they are married. I hope they wouldn't drop the engagement storyline, after all the publicity it got; that scene was definitely not left open for interpretation.

8. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ Thanks for the reply. Just so you know, my post was directed at the statement that "GSR is there since day one - you can't argue with that", not your post. Although I'm glad you and I share the same thought, at least to a certain degree. :)

9. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

hey Erica :) i'm sorry if i sounded offensive to you, i didn't mean to.

my statement about GSR being on the show since day one (or two to be exact) meant that we got shippy scenes and some hints since the very beginning. i didn't mean to say they were dating at this time.

and yes, of course, we also got some Grillows scenes, Teri Miller scenes, LH scenes. i acknowledge and fully accept them all. but there has always been mutual attraction between Grissom and Sara too. i don't think you can argue much with that b/c there are many moments that indicate it leaving very little room for interpretation. and if i start naming them, you'll point out i'm OTT, so i won't ;)

10. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Hey Adz. :)

I understand where you're coming from. You're a GSR shipper after all. But the moments you mentioned which you said left very little room for interpretation? I still think it's up to who's watching them. If I don't see it, I just don't see it, and you'll never get why. I also don't think I'll ever get why some people see it, either. I have to agree with kaylyne that all feelings/attraction I had seen regarding this ship from the early seasons was one-sided. I don't know why, but it just happened that way. I guess my point was not whether it's arguable or not but a lot of things aren't definite (especially when it's fiction) and there could be more than one answer because obviously different people think differently and see things differently.

But really, I understand that those moments basically left no room for interpretation to GSR fans. ;)

11. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

^ ITA. CSI is a show full of moments that are almost never blatant, and something that i see as absolutely obvious, could be perceived as something else by other people. and i'm okay with that. it's about having fun watching it. if you enjoy it in a different way, i don't have to pressure you to think like i do, but we can discuss it. and that's the whole beauty of it. there wouldn't be so many ships if all of us were thinking the same.

12. Annika

Annika Prime Suspect

You know , I don't care anymore . I stopped watching CSI the moment Jorja Fox left and I realized how easy that was . I haven't watched a single episode since november (not even my DVDs). I'm officially over my CSI obsession

13. byline

byline CSI Level One

Going back to the original article: Doesn't this fall under the category of old news? Maybe it's to generate excitement now that the writers' strike is over, but it seems to me that this is just a rehash of the "Entertainment Weekly" interview that ran back in mid-October: EW story

While I enjoyed Jorja's portrayal of Sara, I've also found the episodes since she left to be quite good (and have been relieved that, for the most part, the soap opera aspects have disappeared). The only actor who could leave and put an end to my regular viewing of "CSI" is William Petersen. He's the reason my husband and I first started watching, and for us, he's the one who makes it special (though this particular ensemble cast is outstanding). Still, I have a feeling that without him, the series would be just another crime/forensic show.