Close Encounters of the Odd Kind....Ryan/Greg Slash

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by starzsgirl, Oct 10, 2007.

1. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

YAY...I so love this fic, its really well written and thought out and i'm liking them heading to the hotel room, nice.

MY best part of this got cut, sadly. It was a mistake but the best mistake I ever caught

“Sue sounds good.” Ryan mumbled as he cuddled into the passenger seat.

Yeah ryan said I sound good!!! OH my name is sue btw...sry sara had to post that *huggles*

2. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

This is great! I love the line "Way to be jealous Greg"!!

3. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Here is the last part. I had a great time writing this and perhaps I'll post a new story when I have one. :) Until then enjoy the ending!

Greg barely had the door open before Ryan was inside, taking off his jeans and shirt until he was in just his boxers, slipping underneath the covers, and softly snoring away.

The older man shook his head as he proceeded to the desk and flipped open his laptop to check his email. There were a few from Warrick, Nick, and even one from Catherine. He quickly answered them and then wrote a long, fluffy email to his mom. She would never fully understand what he was really up to but telling her the fun stuff with omitted parts wasn’t so bad. Greg closed the laptop, took off his jeans and t-shirt before crawling under the covers on the side opposite of Ryan.

Ryan’s dream was one of the strangest he had ever had, sleeping in a bed next a guy he’d only known for a week with his arms wrapped around the other man’s waist. He did like the feeling of having someone to cuddle and the warm feeling that crept all over his body was also welcome. Greg’s dream was oddly similar to what Ryan was dreaming, though neither knew what the other was dreaming. Greg squeezed his arms tighter around the guy in his dreams welcoming the closeness and breathing in the scent.

The morning light shone though the patio door hitting Greg in the eye, he tried to roll over but there was a blockage in the way. He cracked open one eye and realized that Ryan was about two inches away from his face and their arms were wrapped tightly around the other, there was even a slight smile on the younger man’s face.

Ryan could feel the shifting of the bed and tried to move over but found himself stuck, opening his eyes he saw Greg looking back at him. His eyes traveled down and noticed the arms around each others waists, and looking back up he saw the smile on the older man’s face.

“Guess the dream was really what was happening. Do you want me to move?”

“If you move I’m just going to follow you.”

Ryan, satisfied with Greg’s answer, moved closer to the older man and placed his chin on the opposite shoulder. Greg responded to the movements and wrapped his leg around the younger mans as they snuggled deeper into the covers.

Countless hours later Greg swore he heard a buzzing on the side table but brushed it off something outside on the patio. But then the buzzing kept happening less than two minutes apart, he knew that it had to be his cell phone and to be ringing that much it had to be an emergency.

He carefully untangled himself from Ryan and moved to the side of the bed, sitting up he picked up his cell phone and flipped it open. There were messages ranging from Catherine to Nick to Warrick, even Grissom left a few all saying the same thing, Paul Millander had returned and was again causing problems around Las Vegas.

Greg shut the phone and placed it back on the table then placed his head in his hands. He had to cut his vacation short he had to go back and help solve one of the few cases that fell under the ones that got away. Also he would have to leave Ryan, though he knew that the younger man would be in good hands, just not his hands. He edged back under the covers doing his best to try and not wake the sleeping man, but Ryan felt the bed shifting and opened his eyes to see Greg crawling back in.

“Hey.”

“You sound a bit sad and a bit tired. What’s wrong?” Ryan asked as he propped himself up on his right elbow and looked at Greg concerned.

“I have to go back to Vegas, today. This killer that slipped through my boss’ fingers a few years ago is back again and he needs all hands on deck to catch him.”

“You have to leave today? It’s too soon, we just started.....just started whatever we want to call this and now what is going to happen?”

“We’ll keep in touch and you can come visit and I’ll come back. I really do want to stay but this is a case that has haunted Grissom for a long time and when Millander is behind bars for life he can rest a bit easier.”

“I understand that it’s for your job, but you’re on vacation. Just say no and come back to bed.”

“I can’t just say no. I don’t really have a choice as one of the newest CSIs I have to follow the orders of the superiors, even if I am allowed to solo in the field.” Greg looked at Ryan with tears in his eyes.

“Well fine if that’s how you want to handle this by running away, then go back and have fun with you case.” Ryan snapped back as he threw the covers aside and began dressing to return to his apartment.

“Please don’t leave mad. In fact I want you to come to the airport with me, to see me off. Please come with me there.” Greg sadly said as he turned to Ryan who, still angry, was putting his jeans back on.

“Fine. I’ll go with, but I’m really not going to like having to say good bye like this.” Ryan stated as his shirt slid over his head and he went in search of his shoes.

The next forty five minutes were spent with Greg on the phone trying to get the next plane ticket to Vegas and Ryan neatly packing the older man’s suitcase. Eventually Greg got the ticket he was looking for and Ryan had finished with the suitcase. They headed to the lobby so Greg could check out and then to Ryan’s car piling the suitcase and carry on in the backseat and racing to the airport.

Greg bolted from the car with his carry on in hand and Ryan close behind with the suitcase, since Greg’s plane was set to leave in an hour and he still had to check in and get through the dreaded security detail.

Once checked in Greg stopped before the lines to head to security because Ryan was forbidden to go past without a ticket of his own. There was awkward staring and hugging before Greg made the move to give Ryan the best good bye kiss. Their tongues danced in each others mouths as they held on tighter and tighter around the others waist. Ryan broke the kiss long enough to stare into the opposite set of eyes and face to take a mental picture to hold on to until the next time that they saw one another.

“I...I have to go. Not that I want to...” Greg whispered to Ryan as they held one another, neither wanted this to end and have to face reality once again.

“I know. We’ll see each other again soon, I promise.” Ryan said as he moved to give Greg another long, tongue dancing kiss.

As they pulled apart the speakers chimed that if there was a flight leaving soon now was a good time to head though security. Greg gave Ryan a quick kiss full on the lips before he picked up his carry on and headed though the lines to be scanned. Ryan stood watching until he lost sight of Greg, he knew that they would be together again even if it meant that one of them had to move to the other city.

Ryan slowly trudged back to the parking garage and saw a plane taking off, he wondered if it was Greg and if he was thinking the same thing being thought in Ryan’s head. Greg watched out the window of the plane as Miami got smaller and smaller knowing that soon he would be back or Ryan would be making the trek to Vegas. Either way there was going to be another meeting for the two love struck CSIs.

THE END.

4. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

Awww.... thank you so much for writing this! It was awesome and I loved it!

I'm just sittin' 'round here, watchin' airplanes
    Take off and fly
    Try and figure out which one that you might be on...
    :lol:

5. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Awe, sad to see this end without any csi on csi, but this is pg13 so, ok. This is a great story and a great ending to leave us wondering. Very well done I loved it!!

6. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I just loved this whole story and hated to see it end. Maybe there wil be a sequel one day???

7. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

There might there might not, depends on what my Muse decides and how it works with my schedule. Thanks for the kind words. :)

8. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

I've been reading this. It's lovely! So sweet and lovely! I love that Ryan didn't jump straight into bed with Greg, but the desire and attraction was still there.

I think that this is perfect for a sequel someday. Maybe Ryan will go to LV for a holiday? Looking forward to it already. :D

9. anza

anza Hit and Run

I'm currently having a Ryan/Greg withdrawl, so I'm glad you posted that link recently. Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with this. Still, it's cute, plus ambiguous endings, such a penchant I have for them.

And congratulations on finishing because that's always something to look forward to when writing: the end.

10. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Thank you very much for the compliments. :)

I've got an idea for a follow up, but there is another fic that is pressing my mind atm. Hopefully Ryan and Greg will come out again and I can continue.