The Strike Is Over

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Feb 13, 2008.

1. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

Food for thought from today's New York Times (Feb.13):

As 10 writers for the hit CBS drama “NCIS” returned to work Wednesday following a 100-day strike, Shane Brennan, the show’s writer-producer, asked a question that drew blank stares. "Can anyone remember what we were working on three months ago?"
    [EDIT - Following added for more detail]:
    Mr. Brennan, whose show is watched by about 18 million viewers each week, instructed nine writers seated around a large table to forget the various plots they had been working on before the walkout. “All we’re going to do is waste a day trying to remember it,” he said. He added with a chuckle, “While I sound like I know what I’m talking about, and that I have a plan, I really am making this up as I go.”
    ---

Will the other CSI teams remember who the characters are and what they were doing? There's no time to watch the past seasons, if the shows are to start soon.
    LaSquisita

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ :lol: You know, I'd actually prefer it if they forgot what the past storylines were. Maybe this strike was for the better good afterall. :p

Glad they're back to work and that we're going to get some new episodes--a lot more than I had suspected. Cool beans!

3. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

speed_cochrane I totally agree. Some of the past storylines were just too out there for most conventional tv shows.

Let's hope that the writers haven't forgotten what the fans want to see.

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

LOL I don't think I'd complain if they decided to pull a Dallas and get a fresh new start. :D

5. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I know I wouldn't complain if they dropped a few story lines including the unstoppable Super H one! :rolleyes: :lol:

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Im psyched this writers war is finally OVER, but I fear that our new epis could suck, simply because they're going to be rushing to get as many as they can squeezed in!!

I personally need a little closure on some of the stories, but then again, I wouldn't be at all bummed if they all wake up in the next new epi, from what has just been a very LOOONG dream!! Like a whole freaking YEAR long dream :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

7. major_csi_fan

major_csi_fan Witness

It sucks they are only doing 17 episodes for season 8 of csi when it comes out on dvd in uk they better put them all on one boxset rather than 2 but appertly they were only planning to do 22 this season anyway maybe they are running out of ideas lol

8. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Thankfully, in the US we get one set, not two. I feel sorry for those of you who have to endure that. It's not right.

And the funny thing is, when this season comes out on DVD, we'll still have to pay the same price for it, even though it will be a shortened season. Boy, those DVD extras better be good and we better have some bloopers this time!!!!!!!