episode amounts

I read somewhere they may only be doing 17 episodes for season 8 is this true or are they going to do the usual 24 ??

thanks

if they only do 17 when it comes out on dvd in the uk it would be strange

Re: episode amount for season 8

Yes it is true, because of the strike they are doing 6 more episodes for a total of 17. I think its unfortunate the CSI only gets a partial season when the other two knock-offs get full seasons.

Re: episode amount for season 8

well if they are only doing 17 then it better be a gr8 season fanile but i was told the writers strike was now over so cnt they just go bk to doing 24

The thing is before the strike there is a question of how many scripts for LV did they have completely written, half written, etc. but not filmed (due to possible changes being needed). vs what wasn't written. Some shows it can take a weeks to write the script, any ramp up of the sets that need to be done, get the actors back and ready to go, get them to the scripts, do the run throughs, edits/rewrites, and then film (not counting location shots), edited again for tv and then get it to air. This would be Per episode.

What could happen, they do 17 eps for the season, and maybe have bonus eps taped sometime along the way that would go on DVD and then down the road be considered "lost eps from the vault" or when the show ends do so many movies, or who knows. right now I think they are just concentrating on what they have to get out now and get back into it for the writers cast and crew. I am sure more news will be out as they go as to what is possibly going to happen.
Wojo said:I think its unfortunate the CSI only gets a partial season when the other two knock-offs get full seasons.
Again its probably based on how many each show had in the can per strike (LV - 11), (NY - 14), (Mia - 13) I believe were the numbers, then each will get a certain amount post strike (LV - 6), (NY - 7), (Mia - 8 ) but again how many scripts were already written but held back, how many were half written, and how many were worked on while the strike was going on with the just in case in mind.

Added Note
Okay the fact that this started out about LV but is headed for a discussion vs the other two, I am going to send this over to "General Discussion" which handles one or more csi shows and will change the title a bit to reflect this. ;)

If we're going to discuss this, let's refrain from insulting the spin-offs. Dissatisfaction over not getting a full season is fine, but I don't want this to turn into some sort of argument.

Back