Grissom & Sara #32: With Every Beat of My Heart

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Turtlebaby, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seattlegsrfan

seattlegsrfan Police Officer

Better get it fast, the mods might take offense at this
    Smutathon
    ETA to fix to right link.

2. PiperGrissom

PiperGrissom Police Officer

all ya have to do is google geekfiction. you'll be there. As of about 10 minutes ago there were 2 pages of great smut. Mine is just one of many. LOL

3. seattlegsrfan

Yeah, 69 writer's signed up for this one. Shows you what we're all doing during the writers strike. Fantasizing about our respective ships.
    So, soon the big decision will be, To Be Spoiled or Not To Be Spoiled? I haven't decided yet. I want to know everthing about impending GSR, but I enjoy the episodes more when I'm unspoiled. I just hope the quality of eps goes back up now that the writers are hopefully happy.

4. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

Yes to both. ITA with the timeline concerning getting closer emotionally, rebuilding friendship and trust (Griss getting his head out of the sand in Butterflied, starting "being there as a friend" in Bloodlines, then of course in Nesting Dolls, and the Trigger scene).

I think they both knew what was at stake, and therefore took their time to figure things out. I just can't see them talking things through, everything's back to fine, and then jumping at each other all in the same evening.
    It's probably only me who thinks that if you are tentatively taking your relationship to higher levels with a person you ALREADY KNOW you are a lot more attached to than the current state of said relationship shows, you'd take the time to savor the slow progress instead of rushing things (and thereby probably scaring Grissom to death :lol:)

I haven't really figured out when I think the physical part of the relationship started
    Not before Grave Danger, I think. And not directly after, either. Maybe during the hiatus? But probably before Bite me...Grissom's suffocation comment suggests enough intimacy to be able to suffocate (can you really suffocate from talking things through and maybe some dinner dates?)

On the English wikipedia entry to TOYD, which I haven't seen completely (only the youtube shipper bits), it says: "It is strongly implied that the famous Grissom/Sara Romance (GSR) began following this episode. A careful observation of the camera's focus on Sara after many of Grissom's remarks, and the nature of many of Grissom's remarks, hint at the fact that while the relationship is merely platonic and professional at the beginning of the episode, it may have evolved into something more immediately following the end."
    Main reason I don't agree? Timeline's off...
    We get to know at the beginning of S8 that they became intimate 2 years ago, on a Sunday (still cracks me up everytime I think of Sara's dreamy voice and of Ecklie's disgusted face). 2 years back would be beginning of S6.

But the casebreaker scene just never aired (Grissom coming in for shift in an OBVIOUS good mood, with Sara being the only one not to ask him why because she knows the answer :D)

5. Pink_Faerie_Girl

Pink_Faerie_Girl Dead on Arrival

Yesterday was officially the best day of my life... so far.
    Not only do we get new episodes soon (Cheers) and lots of lovely smutty fanfic to read.

My lovely boyfriend proposed to me. I said yes.

Three cheers for new episodes.

6. Gris_4_Sara

Gris_4_Sara Victim

Many congrats!

Did anyone read Ask Ausiello this week? Apparently CM has signed on for another 4 years and WP isn't far behind.

As far as when it "happened" I don't know!! Absolutely before ToYD, and prob after Grave Danger.

Here's a link to the WP thing:
    WP may re-sign.
    Yeah, I know Ausiello is usually full of lose. but still . . .

7. PiperGrissom

Ok, I think a kiss and a long talk happened between Nesting Dolls and Committed. I think that something more interesting probably happened before Nick's kidnapping, but they really didn't do the deed until after he was saved. Did that make ANY sense at all? :confused:

8. seattlegsrfan

Congrats, Pink Faerie!
    seahawk, seams to me we were told after season six and before season seven was over that they played season six as if they were in a relationship the whole season. Gumdrops was originally going to let the viewers in on it, I think. As far as TOYD, that was NOT their first time together, WAY to comfortable together.

And I had a dream last night that WP had decided to stay.

9. PiperGrissom

They did say that they played season 6 as if it was a romantic comedy. That's what Jorja said. They new it was happening. You are right. Gum Drops was supposed to have a scene with Griss and Sara in a motel. Not thier first time together either. LOL1

10. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

I just watched Gum Drops. There's no way that GSR scene could have fitted in there without looking out of place. This was such a huge, powerful Nick storyline, I'm glad they left GSR out of it. I would have loved to see that scene, but not in that context...
    BTW I loved how Sara cared for Nick and reached out to him when the case got to him...just like Grissom did when she was affected. That's a huge sign for me that she's in a happy stable relationship. Because she was strong enough to confront Nick and give him "the talk". I'm glad Nick was right with his gut feeling, but Sara shone just as bright in these scenes because we see how much she changed from her darker phase around S4. And we all know the reason for this was away giving a seminar at the body farm :D

Concerning TOYD, ITA with you. Someone should edit the wikipedia entry, before more GSR fans get confused :lol:

To put it in a nutshell:
    We need more input! We need more flashbacks, memories, remembering scenes in cars, whatever...
    And I really want to know what Sara did to make Grissom say that suffocation comment in Bite me.
    I know, there's fanfiction for that. But I'd just love to get an official version of all these little moments that FFs blossom around *sigh*

@pink fairie: congrats from me too! And best wishes for your future together!

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WHOPEE, and big thank's Gris_4_Sara [​IMG] what a great thing to read after the long week from hell ;) Geez, I hope this is true!
    & Congratulations to you Pink_Faerie_Girl on you engagement.. how cool ;)

I SAID I'D MISS YOU, AND I DO

12. seattlegsrfan

Ooo, I thought of something else that might be a tipoff that JF is coming back soon. She hasn't done anything with her hair. I remember reading somewhere JF saying that whenever she's out of work she dyes her hair and then enevitably has to dye it back when she gets a job. She still has Sara's hairdo. I'm gonna take that as a sign.

13. PiperGrissom

Sounds good to me! I am sure she'll be back soon. I am thinking that there will be a cliffhanger....either with her return or it'll be about a geekbaby.

14. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I can't wait until the new episodes start. I think Sara will be back for more than one episode. One episode is not long enough to resolve everything. A cliff hanger with Sara back would be so awesome. I would love to endure the wait of the summer if I knew she was coming back.

15. PiperGrissom

I have a feeling she's either gonna show up at the end of the first new episode, or durring the next one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.