New Seasons at a Discount?

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by mrb105, Feb 9, 2008.

1. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

With the writers strike and all, each CSI season will be shortened by at least 5-9 episodes then previous seasons. Think they will be released at a discounted price, or remain at the $60-$80 range?

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Hmm, it's an interesting question. I guess (and it really is just a guess because I have no idea how it works) that the distributers will be under obligation to release them at a discounted rate, so we'll have to wait and see. Some others have suggested that maybe there will be added extras on the DVD's which would be great. I think it would be fantastic to get some bloopers for example, and I know lots of people want to see some of those!

In the UK the DVD's are released in two parts, so I wonder how it will be done there? Usually it's 1-12 on the first DVD and the remainder on the second DVD released later.

It may all depend on how many more episodes are produced this season I suppose. Will people still buy the DVD's? Yes I think that even at the same price they will still see significant sales, and at the end of the day, they all need to make money and as this strike has affected all the TV shows I think it'll be interesting to see what happens to the shows that don't have anywhere near as many episodes produced this season. :)

3. major_csi_fan

major_csi_fan Witness

Does that mean season 8 will only have like 18 episodes or sumthing :(

4. Aphina

Aphina Rookie

It seems pretty likely, maybe when they release the UK ones they'll put them all into one set.