Grade 'Playing With Matches'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Haha! It's kind of funny--without the beard he looks so...young and sort of like he couldn't possibly be a murderer. Then you see the end of the episode and he has this moment where he kinda looks evil. :eek:

I prefer him with the beard and playing a good guy. :D

2. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Good Lord, they DID work together. Isn't that enough? :rolleyes:

3. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

No. if they keep putting Angell in every episode I need a compensation

4. msl

msl Dead on Arrival

Don't you want to know if their story is done or what? That was the kind of was the moment I was looking for...are they done here and now moving onto something else. Officially not speculative.

5. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

^No, that's not on my list of top 500 things I'd like to see on CSI:NY. :p Their story seems to have been over with Snow Day.

Learning Louie's fate is much more important since they've ignored him since RSRD. :rolleyes:

Me too. He's much more adorable as the resident lab geek. :D

6. msl

msl Dead on Arrival

Absolutely there are other storylines that need to be picked up or closed. So that's why I am not holding my breathe. The last thing I want is for the CSI NY to be the DL show….please kill me if that happens (thank god we are in no danger of that happening- I like being alive). But I am one of the sad, sad people that think their still together. I know sad, sad. It’s a guilty pleasure. Hey if they were done it would not make me stop watching CSI NY. Not that high up on the list, but it is on the list.

So true... :D

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

*le gasp!* B-but, isn't Angell compensation for having to endure Kendall's lifeless delivery? :lol: (And Angell has been in less than half of the current season anyway, so I'd hardly say she's in every episode. ;))

Hehe, put me on the list of people who don't want to know if it's over--I just want it to be over. :p The less we delve into the middle school dynamic the better as far as I'm concerned.

A little bit of Louie continuity, something about Flack's relationship with his father, anything about Hawkes, more about Sid (there could never be enough about Sid, and I'd love to see his daughter :p), a bit about Adam's bully of a father--all sound far more interesting to me than 'are they or aren't they' with Danny and Lindsay. I wasn't the slightest bit interested in 'will they or won't they' during seasons 2 and 3 and I'm certainly not interested now.

If it was them dating as a fact, not a source of drama, it would be preferable (although certainly not ideal as far as I'm concerned--of course, I read and write about icky mansex, so what do I know? [/sarcasm ;)]), but I'm not holding my breath that this show could manage that. It seems to be all or nothing, which doesn't leave a whole lot of middle ground, does it? Besides, wherever Danny goes, drama follows, and Lindsay doesn't have enough definition to counteract that. *sigh*

He really is. I haven't seen all of AJ's work, but I've seen him play a misleading murderer on LV, a creepy-ass pedophile on The District, a bullied brother on Without a Trace, a grieving husband with a bit of a temper on Bones, a father with a mountain man Beard of Doom in 'The Last Sin Eater', and clips from several other roles--I gotta say, Adam pwns the rest. :D (Although my ovaries quite liked him playing a father, I'll admit--yes, I'm pathetic, but you love me anyway :p).

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

What I find interesting/baffling is that for some Danny and Lindsay working together the whole episode isn't enough DL; but them working together the whole episode is enough to give the episode a good grade. :confused:

Add me to "The last thing I care about CSI: NY resolving is the status of the D/L 'fauxmance'" list. I would love it if they would just drop it like it never existed. TPTB has done it enough with important story lines, so it shouldn't be too hard to do it with something as insignificant as the "fauxmance."

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I think that since the producers of the show said at the beginning of the season that they're together, it's safe to assume that they are. One of them--Pam Veasey I think--also said the romance would be in the background and you'd mostly see it in little moments between them. I think that was a smart move, personally--it satisfies the people who want them together and the people who don't want to have to see all the flirting/romance stuff on their crime drama. Seems like a good compromise to me.