Louise Lombard/Sofia Curtis

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by CSILevel1, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: Sofia Curtis

sophia is my fav csi girl at the mom ... luv the 7/8 episode !!

2. szmandalove

szmandalove CSI Level One

I thought I wouldn't like her coming onto the show, but she's quite a good actress. I actually do like her lots :)

3. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

In the season 5 DVD set Billy talks about how doing the same thing all the time gets boring and it's nice when he finally gets to do it with different people. I do believe he is referring to Louise as the 'different people' last season. Yeah Billy.

[​IMG]

4. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

ITA with Billy.

Having new people on board. [​IMG] And returning ones too *ahem* LH! :D

-----------------------
    [​IMG]

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't like her...she always seemed like a wannabe to me "i wanna be one of the cool kids!" i know Ecklie moved her to graveyard shift but still it's like...just seemed like new kid on the block who tries to show off and impress the leader, etc.

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

When I say I don't like Sofia Curtis I don't mean to say anything against Louise Lombard - she's a terrific actress and really goes with what they give her. My problem has always been that they don't really know what they want to do with her character, so they have this really strong, capable woman playing triangle games with Sara and weeping in her former boss's office.

Why set her up as this really commanding force if you're just going to knock it down? On the same token, it's nice to see a new Detective, but they have to start deciding what they're going to do with her or just let her lie.

Obviously I'm a GSR and so that has something to do with my dislike of the character, but I'd be fully prepared to like her if they gave her a real storyline. I mean, even when Sara was brought in originally as a love interest, they gave her other things to do.

7. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

My edit time has expired, so technically it's not a double-post as I'd have edited it if I could.

Something always bothered me about the Office scene in ABRTI:

Sofia is not allowed near CSI because it's an ongoing investigation and she could jeopardize the evidence by giving them information not under oath. So technically if not everyone, at least a good deal of the staff should know this. Sara enters Grissom's office and it's clear the shift has started some time ago and that everyone of importance at CSI is at CSI.

...So how did Sofia get all the way up to his office with no one else noticing or stopping her?

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Could be that they thought she was summoned there IAB and Catherine were questioning them by the looks in one of the rooms at csi (though i could be wrong on that).
    Also there is the manner that she may have had some active cases she may have had to hand off and update to the person taking it, (or a csi member not involved in the investigation).

Other then that who really knows. Maybe its the case of the saying, if you want to get caught hide, if you don't stand out in the open. Because no one usually notices what is right in front of them.

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I don't care for her- it's the actress Louise Lombard I don't like- if it was seomeone different-perhaps Heather Locklear-or someone of that caliber maybe I wouldn't mind-I as well think she takes away from the main cast of characters- she was bearable in "Unbearable" but bascially I could care less if she leaves- she doesn't add any thing spectatcular to CSI-for me-and the ''lets have dinner" from Gris- that never went anywhere did it?

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I completely agree with this. I don't so much mind Sophia...while she's not my favorite, the character can spice things up when she's on screen. I just hate the fact that she always seems to be here and there.

I specially hate the friction between Sara and Sophia. I'm not a GSR fan, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Sophia and Sara don't get along for the sake of Grissom and what he represents. I don't know, I think I'd enjoy the show more if they could actually get along. Sara already had her differences with Catherine, why throw Sophia into the mix?

11. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

I love the fact that she's not an American. It's too bad we don't get to hear her natural accent though. :mad:

What I don't understand is why is there always friction between the ladies? :mad: Is it PMS or what? :lol:

Anyway, It's only a television show people and it entertains us each Thursday.

Personally . . . It's All about Billy! :p

[​IMG] Mr. Petersen [​IMG]

---------------------------
    [​IMG]

12. Arturtle

Arturtle Lab Technician

since when did sara fans like sofia? its understandable :lol:

13. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

Getting back into the spirit of the Season and to spread some Love around, this week of all weeks being Christmas...

I like to send the warmest Seasons Greetings to Lousie and her family. What joy it must be for her and hubby to celebrate with their new baby boy. Do you think they are like other parents and buy those items that say 'Babies first Christmas'? Or get him all dressed up for a family portrait to be sent with thier holiday cards?

Happy Holidays and for you WP, I send you a extra special have a Billy-fest Holiday Season, just please don't OD on his DVDs over the weekend, I want you to make it into the New Year girlfriend. :lol:

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm not a GSR fan...so that may have something to do with it. LOL.

15. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

I don't want to be rude, but the only thing I have to say about Sofia is that she looks like Alicia Silverstone and she bugs the heck out of me. Sorry to the Sofia lovers, but it's not like you care what I think. LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.