CSI:NY Season 4 - U.K

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by nattybatty55, Dec 21, 2007.

1. xxmaybe

xxmaybe Hit and Run

I'm looking forward to it - there's actually been some good write ups in the papers today about tonights episode.

I like this concept of trying to find a killer online - whether they pull it off is another thing, but I'm keeping an open mind.

Does anyone know if there is there a B plot tonight? Or is it just this one throughout?

2. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Its one case episode which is a 2 parter continued later on in the season.

Love idea online because the net is such an important tool nowadays

3. Sammie

Sammie Rookie

I flipped watching the episode, my friend and I watched it last night, she now owes me £20.
    Her: "What the hell is she wearing?"
    Me: "Bet ya £20 its a cosplayer."
    I thought that was pretty awesome because I anime cosplay at conventions myself. It was nice to not have to jump between cases during this one because it was pretty awesome. I'll do a bigger write up later...too tired at the moment anad need to see the episode again.

4. HC_4_my_birthday

HC_4_my_birthday Lab Technician

While helping my daughter do a gardening job yesterday,we got hungry i went into town for food popped in martin's the newsangent,wating in the queue i came across a mag for Csi Miami. As i was loking through it,got to the last page and there is one for NY,on sale from the 20th of March

5. ryansnuttytart

ryansnuttytart Rookie

Oooh a magazine for CSI:NY sounds interesting.

Dawni thanks for clearing up that it's a two parter as I was confused by the way it ended.

Good episode. Was fun seeing Adam getting carried away with the whole thing and Mac seeming really confused. They slotted in the 333 thing again with Mac looking so tired. Nice that the letter from Peyton got mentioned as well as it kind of got passed by in the previous epi.

Down side - not enough Flack.

6. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

March?? Oooh might have to look out for that.
    I heard there was an offical magazine out but thought was only in US.

7. HC_4_my_birthday

HC_4_my_birthday Lab Technician

so did i till yesterday,all three shows have got there own mags the one fgor NY in March is file 3

8. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

How I love this ep, let me count the ways :D

But first the down side...

Minus Points

Second Life...oh yes part of CBS just bought into this (the company that made the CSI interface for second life) ....now there IS a surprise. So I guese you could call it a large add for the new part of their company...

Well sorry guys not even Mac could get me to run off and try this..

Another ep with a questionable plot line... thats 4 out of five so far...

Plus Points

Questionable plot aside I really enjoyed this episode.

Mac jogging..*THUD* So sue me I like Gary... :D

Loved the scene with Mac, Stella and Hawkes when Mac's phone went off. Nice subtle looks from all three, showing the tiredness of Mac, the concern of Stella, and Hawkes wondering whats going on and him catching the guilty look on Stella's face when he tries to catch her eye.

Lots of my fav lab geek, working with Mac. There were some great moments between the two characters.

Stella telling Mac he has no game and Adam cringing at Mac's attempt at a chat up line, as Stella takes over. (Plus Stella SO checked out Macs ass in that scene)

Flack asking Mac if he is okay.

Mac telling Flack that Peyton is staying in London. (YES)

Adams little victory dance when he wins the challenge.

Adam, lots of Adam...in case you didnt guess I like Adam :D

Mac in brown....yummmmy.

9. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

Hi! My first time posting on this thread! I usually hang around the Miami board.

So Second Life belongs to CBS? Definitely an ad! :rolleyes:

I thought the whole premise was a bit weird, but I loved how Adam played the game in the gladiator bit. And how dreadful Mac's chat-up lines were.

The guy who got shot, though... If he'd had severely progressive MS, by the time he knew it was terminal, he'd already have been more disabled than that. Not well researched.

I keep thinking that I don't like NY as much as the others, but I'm always drawn back to it. That should tell me something. :lol: My favourite characters so far are Hawkes and Adam. Oh and Sid! I love Sid! :lol:

10. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

CBS does not own Second Life. CBS bought a stake in The Electric Sheep Company, a company that makes 'virtual worlds', and they created the interface that you see in the CSI section of Second Life. Apparently they made a new user interface that is much easier for beginners to use and navigate around. So yes, I think it's advertising, although I think they tried to sell it more as 'multi platforming' and a good way to engage other people to watch NY and interact online. :rolleyes: :lol: You might like to read this interview that Kristine did back in October with Anthony Zuiker about the episode. :)

Anyway, I quite liked the episode, although it was, of course, ridiculous. Adam was great, and I loved it when he called Mac 'dude'. :lol: What I don't really get is why the serial killer decided to dress in such an obvious fashion. I mean, way to draw attention to yourself. :lol: It doesn't make sense to me why she did that to kill the congressman, when all she did was break in and shoot him, so no need for the 'Venus' disguise. Also, how did she get the exact same dress as the actual Venus woman? Is there a shop that sells them or am I missing something? Weird. The storyline is silly, and whilst it is a bit of fun it's probably not worth the wait for the conclusion. The concluding episode should have aired on the 6th February in the US, but hasn't due to the writer's strike. And I'm not sure that I'm that bothered really. I wonder if the CSI:NY Second Life thing was a success? And I doubt that it really was.

AliGtr, Sid is the best! He always gets great lines and is so weird. NY is definitely my favourite of the three shows.

11. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Sorry Elsei I just picked up the CBS owns comment from another thread, my bad :(

The expressions on both their faces were priceless. Adam and Mac were the highlight of this episode.

As for the outfit I couldnt agree more, a hitperson is supposed to blend in, to be almost invisible, there is NOTHING about that outfit that says blend. I know the hit wanted to sleep with Venus, hense the outfit but it was still a dodgy idea, I mean once she found out where he was why did she need the outfit. I know its NY and anything goes but people are going to notice green hair with a black and red leather outfit.

I would like to know what happens with the hitwoman, but I dont know if I could go through another second life based ep to find out. She used the idea for one hit why would she need to use it again? :confused:

This one was funny, it was unique, but to me it was a been there, seen that, enjoyed it, but dont want to do it again, type storyline.

All the funny moments with Mac, Adam and Stella worked once, I think if they brought this in again everyone would be bored.

12. nikkilou31

nikkilou31 Victim

I have to admit, that I was a bit iffy about this episode, but once I watched it. I thought it was briili. I loved Adam. He was classic.

13. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

No need to apologise, the Second Life/CSI thing is confusing so I just meant to explain it a bit. :)

That is a good point. I would imagine that even if she was looking to kill more Second Lifers then she would have to change her avatar because they had already worked out who she was. And if she isn't and is just a killer for hire (as she supposedly is), then why would she still be in costume? :confused: Hopefully when the concluding episode does air all will be revealed, she's probably not in costume at all she just kills some others and eventually they catch her. I don't really see how they can include Second Life again without it seeming a little bit odd. :lol: Although I could probably cope with a some more Adam geek outs, he really does light up any scene he is in. ;)

14. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Nice but weird ep.

What I liked:

-The janitor dancing with the mannequin on the anniversary of his wedding to the song of his and his wife's first dance. How sweet is that?

-Mac in black and jogging. To quote FB 'THUD'. :D

-333 mention

-Tired/Sleepless Mac and Stella's concern for him.

-Adam being all geeky and in the know about Second Life while Mac and Danny are completely at a loss.

-Mac as a woman in SL was funny.

-Mac's horrible chat up line, Adam's face at said chat up line, Stella teasing Mac about it.

-Mac may have no game, but Stella's a mega flirt! She was even doing a flirty smile and posture. And Mac was impressed. And he teased her right back for her flirting method 'Go for a walk?!'

-Stella's boobs were actually NOT on display.

-Adam calling Mac 'dude'

-Adam's victory dance after winning the 'battle' in SL. What came off as irritating on Lindsay in You Only Die Once was cute/funny with Adam.

-Mac prasing Adam and Adam being all proud.

-Danny in white. The shirt/t-shirt combo is VERY nice on him. :devil:

-Mac and Flack in Kevlar and with guns. Yummy. :devil:

-Mac confiding in Flack about Peyton. I LOVE the friendship between these two.

-Mac with a gun and yelling at the hotel. All commanding and dangerous looking, yummmmmmmmmm! :devil:

What I didn't like

-Johnny's story about why he was dating through SL, that was sad. :(

-Mac looking down the garbage chute, she couldn't have fitted down there!

-That damn 'Neighbors' sign that popped up out of nowhere to promote the show arriving on five soon. :mad:

-Mac's ringtone!

-Why did the killer dress up so weird to do the hotel hit? :confused:

-The cliffhanger. I just don't feel too excited about a follow up ep. Maybe it'll be a B case in a future ep. If they're gonna do a one-ep thing, maybe she'll come after Adam for using SL to catch her - the team couldn't have done it without him. Or if she killed Sinclair. THEN it would be interesting.

-No mention again of the bloody shirt from You only Die Once.

15. Danistheman

Danistheman Prime Suspect

I liked this episode, but for what reasons I'm not really sure, especially as there was very little Danny & Flack. It just had a 'quirky' edge to it.
    Loved the fact that Adam was the hero of the hour. AJ is such a great actor :cool:- he carries off the geekiness without me flinching an inch.
    Also liked the interaction between Flack & Mac - it was obviously a very special moment, especially through Mac's eyes.
    Not that bothered about part II.