Anna/Lindsay thread #4 - "You've got friends, kiddo!"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by dutch_treat, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I think it would be a nice full-circle thing for her character. I'll admit, I don't want a return to the angst; I like Lindsay this season better than I've liked her at any point since her early days in season two. But it could be a cool storyline, and a way to empower the character. Seeing her get over her past as soon as the trial ended was unrealistic. I get why it was done, but if the writers want to go back to the "tough girl" they introduced her as, this could be a good way.

2. CSINYRULZ

CSINYRULZ CSI Level One

^^^ I agree... :)

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I agree! That would be a great story line and having Lindsay confront her past, save someone else, and return to the "tough girl" would be a great way to tie up that plot. It would not only pull some stuff out of "CSI: NY's Big Black Hole of Loose Ends" and *GASP* resolve them, but I think it would allow those of us who dislike the character and disliked that story line in particular to move on in some way and kind of start fresh with the character. It would certainly help in defining who she is as a person and how she grew from her experience.

4. Top41

^Agreed. One of the things I did like about her back in season two was that toughness she was billed as having. I thought her obsessive behavior in "Stealing Home" was interesting, too. I think a situation where Lindsay had to shoot someone in order to protect or save another member of the team would be helpful for her psychologically--she couldn't do anything to save her friends (she was just a kid after all), but she can save someone else now.

5. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I like the idea of her having to shoot someone in order to protect someone else. it would show how she handled what happened to her and it would also bring back the strenght she showed in S2.

would it be too much if it were children in a hostage situation she was trying to protect? if yes then Im voting for Stella or Flack

I really liked her interaction with Flack in the last episode. or in any other for that matter

Im also missing the DL interaction in the last episodes but Im kinda glad there wasnt any in 4.13. I think it would only make me angry. or sad. or dissapointed

6. CSINYRULZ

CSINYRULZ CSI Level One

I think it'd be a great step for the character if she was put in a situation where she needed to protect a member of the team, and I may be stepping over the line, but I'd like to see it be someone else, anyone else - besides Danny. It would seem to "wrong" in my eyes, wouldnt fit the story line well I think.

Lindsay and Flack have fun chemistry, the bantering kind and I like that, I never get the vibe that Flack doesnt "like" Lindsay, but its kind of witty come backs and easy flows between the two characters. And, I'd be lieing if I didnt say I enjoyed the scenes Stella and Lindsay have together.

7. Top41

Well, Lindsay is dating the resident drama queen, so her rescuing Danny is the easiest way to go. I don't think it would be totally bad, but I wouldn't object to seeing her act to help someone else out either.

I didn't see much between Lindsay and Flack before this season, but I think both of them caring for Danny brought them together in "All in the Family." I did like the joking about Laughing Larry in "Child's Play," too!

8. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

I love Flack and Lindsay together, they seem to be a fun pair up, especially in "Child's Play'. I think they play great off of each other, and the lightness of the scene really works with Lindsay.

9. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

with Flack and Lindsay i see it this way: they're goofy and fun around each other. they both have that witty personality that can't really be played with the other characters. yes they both may have some wit and banter with Danny or any of the others but Flack and Lindsay just seem like they have a good time together, like they get each others sense of humor. i've noticed it a bit before in some eps even before "Child's Play", i just can't remember the eps. Lindsay and Flack seem like the characters that get along with anyone.

i hope a conversation comes up b/t the two of them about what they were like in school!! i can only imagine lol.

i also like the scenes Stella and Lindsay have together, it's like power time with them lol.

10. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I think for Flack lindsay is someone he can tease, he can laugh with, because as MTC said, she gets him, but also someone he would protect should the need arise. something like a little sister

its like that with Stella too, IMHO. she would protect her, lend a helping hand. and I think Lindsay would only gladly return the favor. also I think they both are glad to have another female amongs all the menthors and little, or big, brothers :)

I like her scenes with mac, its cute how she looks up to him, most of time unconciously. he is the Obi-van to her Luke Skywalker, in a way

11. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I agree in that Lindsay has a fun friendship with Flack. They can tease and banter and it doesn't feel forced. Their caring for Danny brought them together in 'All in the Family' and it was good to see that.

Lindsay should save Mac, if Mac lets anyone save him that is. :p

12. xxAnGeLheArtZ

xxAnGeLheArtZ Police Officer

^^^ flack and lindsay. *giggle* they are funny together. as for mac and lindsay: lindsay could definitely warm up mac! i've always felt that lindsay is like the daughter that mac never had. he's stern, yet caring toward her.

i just had to laugh at that "okay, back to the business at hand" eye widening/movement after the "steel balls" comment in ep. 4x14 playing with matches. :lol: nice anna. :D

i also watched a clip of ZY when lindsay first comes. i just wanted to give the girl a hug in the little mess scene in the break room. :( first days at work can be unforgettable and everyone has one of those moments, you bet. but look at her now. ;) :)

13. dl_shipper34

dl_shipper34 CSI Level One

I thoroughly enjoy watching Flack and Lindsay work together. I think that Eddie and Anna do great in their scenes and their banter is hilarious to listen to. I really enjoyed their scene in Child's Play where they were talking about that Laughing Larry dude.

Showcase is currently airing the show every day at 6pm, and they just started S2 a few days ago. ZY was on and I just had to watch it (even though I had to leave for hockey). Unfortunately, I missed her tackle on the suspect - but that's what DVDs are for :)

Me too darlin' :) I like their relationship, especially now that Mac knows about her and Danny :lol:

*giggles at teh carrying, squees at teh hug, and drools at teh kiss*

14. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i noticed that when Lindsay works with Mac she gets a bit frustrated but also she's kept on her toes. everyone is basically kept on their toes working with Mac. it's liike she tries that extra bit harder like she's trying to impress him with the work she does. i like seeing this though it brings out a different aspect of Lindsay and Mac as well.

i miss Lindsay's experiments on Mac lol. i just watched "Dancing With The Fishes" last week and laughed when she tried that smell test on him.

15. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Lindsay does at times try more to impress Mac when they're working a case together, and it may just be me, but sometimes Mac seems to try to tell her she doesn't have to through subtlety.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.