CSI Fan Fiction Critique Group.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by lostladyknight, Sep 30, 2007.

1. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

Mine will probably be in about lunchtime Saturday. I've got work all day tomorrow and I still need to type it up, so don;t worry about not getting my fic before Saturday :) I will get it in on Saturday :)

2. Nora_73

Nora_73 Hit and Run

Question: I usually post my stories on ff.net ... is this okay for the challenge? Or should I just send it via PM (but then the formatting is gone)?

I've written it already; only the end is missing. It's angsty; so it was a true challenge for me. I've also re-read it so often that I've got a tense mixture now of which I can't say if it's either healthy or correct.

xx Nora

3. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

Yes... post it on fanfiction.net that's best. Then please just PM me the link.

Thank you.

-llk

4. Nora_73

Nora_73 Hit and Run

Wohoo! It's done. I've sent you a PM.

xx Nora

5. lostladyknight

Yay! I just got it! I pm'd you back too.

I'm so excited that I'm starting to get fics in. I wish that we had more people participating this time around, but I'm perfectly happy with the turn out we did end up getting. I just can't wait to get the rest of the fics.

I'm going to post mine on FF.net soon, I think, so that I can "PM" it to myself.

Man it feels so good that I was on the ball with this challenge this week. I was even finished several days early. Maybe I should just start writing shorter pieces? I don't even know... finishing with plenty of time to spare really did feel good.

I can't wait to see what everyone else did!

-LLK

6. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Okay, boss. I've sent mine in!

Just so you know, I had so much fun trying out a new ship. I can't wit to read all y'alls work. I'm gonna read them all regardless of who I get to critique, so yey!

:lol: Awww. *puts on best teacher voice* Get your work done young lady, or it'll be detention for you!

Haha, probably just offended you there love, but my teachers were mean! Really can't wait to see who you picked! And, of course, send you a glowing review!

Jodie x

7. Zelda49

Zelda49 Rookie

*clapping enthusiastically* That was a great impression of me, lol! Although I never called anyone "young lady"--I have a tendancy to call them "kid" when I'm particullary mad :D

But I got it done, all posted and everything, so no detention for me after all :cool:

8. lostladyknight

I say "kid" as a term of endearment all the time and I have a lot of friends who are easily a whole decade older than me who just don't get why I say that.

Just a quick update for everyone. I've recieved 4 challenge fics so far today! I'm getting really excited. I hope there are more though. :)

-LLK

9. GreenEyes

GreenEyes Hit and Run

I really wanted to do this challenge and I spent HOURS this week working on two separate ideas (second after the first didn't work.) Sadly, I will not be submitting anything. I just couldn't get anything to work.

I wish I'd read the additional posts, but I didn't visit the board, because maybe if I'd known it wasn't the end of the world if I went over length and such it might have helped a smidge. Realistically, quite possibly not. It was a major learning experience, though. I figured that a valentine story -- especially one constrained so short -- shouldn't be angsty. So far, I have learned that I need to work on the following problems:

1) I am apparently entirely horrid at writing fluff.

2) I am not very good at romance with someone else's characters.

3) I am not good at writing romance for someone else's characters when those characters don't have a romance in their 'canon' world. (Hence, my second attempt was a Sara/Grissom thing.)

4) I definitely tend to lean towards the angsty side with romance, even if things are generally happy if that makes sense.

Anyway, I'm going to try to work on the other story I'd started on, and maybe in a couple more weeks I'll at least have something written. :rolleyes:

10. lostladyknight

I'd love to know what it was you were trying at first! (A non-canon ship) because I find them intriguing.

I'd love it if you submitted something. Mine is angst... short and angsty. So far it's been favorited twice and reviewed once and it's only been up about two hours. So sometimes short angst is good..? Either way... you're welcome to submit stuff that bends the rules of criteria (except the pg-13 one) and I'd love it if you submitted someething.

I do understand though if you can't. Time is kinda running out.

-LLK

11. GreenEyes

GreenEyes Hit and Run

Hmmm. I don't know if I could possibly come up with something that fast if I haven't all week. :rolleyes: But can you tell me what actual time you'd want it and I'll let you know before then whether I'll have something or not?

12. lostladyknight

Well I'm probably going to be in bed by about 2 or 2 30 AM EST because since I went to visit my sisters this weekend and I'm sharing a room with the two littlest I can't stay up as late as usually. So around then? Would that be okay?

-LLK

13. GreenEyes

GreenEyes Hit and Run

Thanks. We'll see what happens. I'll let you know before that whether it looks like something will materialize or not so that you aren't wondering up until that time! I still haven't actually uploaded my first story to fanfiction.net, so if I do get a story done and can't upload it I may have to just PM you the whole thing or post it on the forum or something...

14. lostladyknight

Well you could post it in the "Fanfiction" thread here and then just send me a link to that.

I hope it works out for you.

15. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

I've finally sent mine in, it's horribly late... but I had a disasater of a day and well gerrr!, but I can't wait for all the fics to be posted up (and I apologise in advance for the person who gets mine :p)