Guitar Hero vs. Rock Band

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by hiphugaholic, Feb 7, 2008.

1. hiphugaholic

hiphugaholic Rookie

My brother has Rock Band and I'm very partial to this one. It's sooo addicting. Which one do you prefer?

2. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I like both, though I only own Guitar Hero.

Rock Band is good for parties and group fun. I was at a party a few weeks ago and we spent the whole night playing this and having a ton of fun. It's a good feeling to know that four people can work together to achieve a common goal. :)

I like playing the drums the best, easier for me than the guitar or singing. :lol:

3. ALYSSA_TOGO

ALYSSA_TOGO Victim

i have rockband, and love it.
    i go to my cousins house and they have guitar hero, i think it sucks. . .

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

ALYSSA_TOGO, your banner is too large. It needs to be no larger than 220 (width) x 75 (height) pixels, currently the height of yours is too big. Please resize it or replace it. Thanks.

I've never heard of Rock Band (but then I'm not really up on that kind of thing). I've played Guitar Hero once at a friend's house and I thought it was awesome! I was terrible at it but it's quite addictive. :lol:

5. CSI_LV_AF

CSI_LV_AF Witness

I have both games as well. I have all 4 Guitar Hero titles that have come out. I just recently bought Rock Band after Christmas this year. Both games are highly addictive. I still prefer to play the guitar over the drums, and I haven't taken up the singing portion yet.

6. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

Rock Band is too simple -- I can play all the components on expert except singing, which I haven't tried. Guitar Hero III I usually play on expert too, though I haven't played past the Slash rock-off or whatever. I don't own either and I haven't played them too extensively.

I guess playing the actual guitar/bass/drums helps. The real thing is way more fun anyways.

7. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I've heard of Rock Band, but haven't played it. I own 3 Guitar Heros, and can still really only play it on medium. :lol: I'm pretty partial to the second Guitar Hero--it has better songs. I've yet to get the 80s version, it has quite a few songs that I'm a fan of. It is highly addictive though.

I'm really interested in trying Rock Band though. Are there any good prices? ('cause I'm a bit cheap)

8. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

rock band is pretty expensive. It is $199 for 360 and PS3. That is future shop prices (i work there)...also it is really popular. We had a couple of small shipments in, then we got one huge one...and they are almost sold out. I get so many people as me for guitar hero, it is unbelievable. That, and for Wii's and DS systems. People love nintendo systems.

9. hiphugaholic

hiphugaholic Rookie

Wii still hasn't come out with a Rock Band but it is kind of expensive. Guitar Hero is harder, I think, but Rock Band is great because you have the drums to play around with also (or the mic if you feel like screaming your heart out) and when you have friends over. I like them both but I think I've fallen in love with the drum set :D

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Thanks for the info. I'll check around my local Future Shops and Wal-Marts. :) (And maybe Best Buy if I'm really desperate. :lol:)

I've gotten all of my Guitar Heros from EB Games--a local gaming store, not sure if it's Canada wide/North America wide.

I'm going to have to go over to my friend's house though and try out Rock Band. I have a feeling I might like that one a little more, as there's more areas than just guitar.