Ryan/Jon # 18: Why can't we cap our dreams?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by starzsgirl, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

I suspect we may not get a whole season this year, but I'm hoping for at least 17 or 18 episodes. We really need a few more episodes based around Ryan (or at least anyone who's not Horatio). I think it would be a nice change of pace to focus more on the secondary characters. Of course, I wouldn't have a problem if they focused a lot more on Ryan. :D

2. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

Do they ever metion anyone in his family's names besides his Uncle Ron? :confused:

3. veggie

veggie Lab Technician

the only other person mentioned was his niece and they didnt bother to give us a name.

4. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

hahaa i think thats kind of funny,
    the writers probably just threw it out there and forgot to give her a name or maybe it doesn't have enough relevance to the show so they didn't bother. Regardless, it's lame.

5. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Hey everyone! I haven't been posting that much recently, but I will post more now :)

I've been thinking..and katelynn kind of starting thinking about it too, I think? We should do some kind of fan project for Jon. He hasnt had one yet, I think he'd like it! Im not too sure what it should be yet, so post any suggestions :)

Im so looking foward to a new episode (whenever it airs) so we can have more to discuss :lol: I think they should give Ryan another episode or two to shine it, but in a good way. I'd like that.

6. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

I actually just received an official address to mail something to jonathan.

I am thinking of some things to pull together.
    Now once I get the main part together i can totally let you know.
    so if you have any suggestions let me know!!!

I was also saying before (i believe that i did) if people want to write letters or a send a gift-homemade or store bought, that would be cool too!

Everyone can mail things to me, and i can put everything together.
    Its not like it has to be done ASAP so once we get things thought through, it shouldn't be too long until it's in the mail...

And also i think it would be a good idea once we get what we want the fan project to be about, we could get certain people to do certain things that way its done faster and more people are involved.

I was thinking of having a book with fans... so basically i fan book haha i dont know what else to call it.
    Where if you want you can include a picture of yourself or a picture of jonathan, and it would be like
    Name: Katie
    (its your choice to put your hometown, you can put whatever you'd like)
    Fave Ryan quote:
    Fave Episode:
    How long you've been a fan:

..etc...etc
    everything is all up in the air right now, so any help/suggestions would be awesome!!!

7. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Thats a good idea! I have one though, that we might want to consider too? Im thinking we should take inspiration from the other fan projects (mainly the ones done for the NY cast) and we all send in something that is specific to Ryan.
    (For example, for Eddie Cahill-Flack-they all sent in ugly ties :lol:) Im not too sure what is specific to Ryan..cleaning supplies? :lol: We can think about it.
    ETA: Just another idea! We could all send in t-shirts so that the wardrobe people can take a hint. :lol:

8. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

Thats not a bad idea.
    someone actually just emailed me (my hotmail account) and was like "what about sending him plastic nails since he was nailed?" and i was like "uhmm im pretty sure he would call the police on us". hahaha

so thats not a bad idea, we could totally think of something to send him specific to ryan along with all the other things.
    im excited

9. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

:lol: That is a good idea, but I agree, we might get in trouble. I think this is a good topic for us to talk about: What is something "signature" to Ryan? I also had an idea of sending in poker chips because of his gambling :lol: But that might be a little mean? I dont know, we have to think hard about it.

10. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

Well, on the top of my head I will list everything that I can think of that is a as you said a signature to Ryan. I will include things that you have mentioned as well.

Nails (which obviously wont happen)
    Poker chips
    clothes that suit his character better (aside from being shirtless ;) )
    cleaning supplies

I believe that is what has been discussed so far!

11. RaCk2ThOuSaNd6

RaCk2ThOuSaNd6 Rookie

Sweatervests!!!!! LOL

12. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

What about diecast Hummers? Put it with something else as the gift for Ryan.

As for Jon the book is kewl, perhaps make a card or crochet or knit a scarf or blanket.

13. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

Scarf would be cool for sure
    it reminds me of Casted.
    Can anyone knit? I sure can't....

the hummer thing, that would be sweet too!

If you guys have gift ideas PM them to me, and if you buy them, once we get everything done people can mail things to me and I will mail it.

Are you talking about the fanbook (that would be cool)? or a few pages back where I mentioned a scrap book of some sort?

We can do more than one book, a fan book and some other book.

I have done this sort of project with a band before.
    I made a timeline DVD so it had a slideshow of pictures from Start- til the time I sent out the dvd.... it had fan msgs to the band, and just fan made videos in general.

I also had people submit songs for a cd, and made them a mix cd...

I also had the fanbook, and letters.... (they REALLY loved that)
    along with all of that, obviously gifts both made and bought.

So once we figure out the basis of everything we can start pulling everything together.

Even title it. Any ideas?

hahahah we should totally send him sweatervests! I'm sure he'd appreciate that!! even if someone made one, how they go about doing that is beyond me. Or maybe someone made a funny iron on graphic and we put it on a t-shirt or tank or whatever that would eb sweet too. Or a t-shirt with a picture of a sweater vest. almost like those shirts you see a lot at the beachs of girls or sometimes guys wearing those shirts with a picture of a girls body wearing the bikini.

14. NataliaWolfe

NataliaWolfe Victim

The sweatervest on the shirt is a very good idea :lol:, but maybe we could also send him for example an fake 1$ or 100$ or any bill with his face on it. It'd remind him or the Death pool episode :D

15. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

hahaha we totally could do that.

alright so far for the joke gifts we now have these ideas (im going to exclude nails haha)
    Cleaning supplies
    Sweater vest
    fake sweater vest Tee
    Hummer Diecast
    Fake $1 or $100 bill w/ his face
    poker chips
    Clothes that suit his character much better

Actual gift ideas
    Clothes
    Scarfs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.