Marg/Catherine #7.0 ~ Totally Thud Worthy

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by SunsetBoulevard, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SockGlue

SockGlue Hit and Run

Oh yeah, you are right after me in the line of innocent Marg fans, Ms Erica. *ahem*

2. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

^^ One of my favorite Catherine episodes. ;)
    BTW- Good to see you Zsofi :D

And all the recent pictures of Marg at the SAG awards are drool worthy :)

3. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

:lol:

Sorry, I was just cracking up laughing over the smut queen being innocent.

MARG IS HOT!! :devil:

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Bobo posted an article over at BTA, in which Marg said she'd like to come back to the show in season 9 because there was supposed to be a storyline for Catherine, but writers' strike obviously had the plan changed and she would like to return to the show to wrap it up. I think this probably means there will be a season 9 no matter Billy Petersen leaves the show or not (duh). I'm not sure whether I'm happy to know about this because I have hoped for Marg to leave the show for a while. lol. But if Catherine really does get a major storyline, I guess season 9 may be worth my time watching. :)

5. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

*will watch anything with Marg*

I hope they give her an awesome lot of stuff though. She deserves it :D

And more importantly, she can pull it off!

6. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ I'm hoping for the same thing, but I probably shouldn't expect it so that I won't be disappointed again. lol. Anne is right, though. Marg can definitely pull anything off. :)

7. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

There's a news tidbit on Marg's future plans in the news items thread
    I'll reitterate the comments I made there as well. I wouldn't be sad to see Marg leave the show. I just hope she gets an interesting storyline for her departure, and that it's done in a logical/believable way.

8. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ I think that's the same interview I mentioned earlier and I totally agree with you, kay. I will miss her if she leaves the show, but it's not about us fans. It's about her. I'm happy for her as long as she's happy, and from some interviews she's done in the past couple of years, it seems she'll be happier to leave the show, spend some time with her family and do something new than to stay. :)

9. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

LOL I know it was. ;) I just needed a good reason to bump this thread up before it hit page 2 :D

I think I've mentioned this before, but with Hughie probably going off to college and Alan's current non-paid SAG presidential position, would she really decide to give up a very steady job - especially knowing how the entertainment business can have you as a star today and a "has-been" tomorrow.

10. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I don't know. It depends on the person, I think. Marg never gives me the impression that she's ambitious regarding her career, and from her interviews these days it seems the quality of the show is a main factor that will decide if she'll stay. It's just she doesn't appear to be impressed with the quality anymore. lol.

When is Alan's duty as the SAG president due anyway? In one and a half year? That's not too long from now. I hope they'll get to do things together because both of them have been so busy the past few years and I doubt they got to spend much time together. Oooh perhaps they could travel to places they haven't visited yet. I know I wouldn't mind if they came to my city. I'd be the first one to volunteer to be their local guide...for free. :D I can think of several other things she could do after leaving CSI, like working for charities. She's very active in this category and is best known for fighting against breast cancer; she even hosts her own charity events. She could do speeches, you know, let's not forget that she majored in public speaking at Northwestern (or is it just my imagination? :lol:).

LOL I'm getting OT here. Anyway, I don't think money is a problem because it's not like they need more money and I'm positive they have other investments. I guess it will depend on whether she wants to keep working for a series or not. Whatever she decides, I'll support her. :)

11. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Did she really major in public speaking? Why don't I remember that? That's kind of interesting. I think she does a great job in one-on-one "serious" interviews (and an awesome job in the WW dvd commentary), but seems to get flustered on many of the "talk show" type of off-the-cuff interviews. That's when her big laugh comes to the forefront when she gets real nervous.

I agree. I don't think money is much of a problem either. I'm also thinking along the lines of with Hughie "out of the house" in a year, her day-to-day motherly duties will diminish slightly, so I can see Marg with "extra" time on her hands and her getting antsy to do something if she doesn't have a steady job. Maybe she'd go into house remodeling full-time? ;) I wonder if she takes remodeling requests. I could use a full-house remodeling. :D Or have her just do a comedy (movie or tv show) already, darn it!! :devil:

12. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I hope that she and Alan get to spend some time together at least. They haven't been able to spend as much time together lately.

And I want Marg on TV or in a movie, dammit. I need SOMETHING to save me from Marg Withdrawal.

13. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I'd love to see her do a comedy. She'd be so good at it. She has that comic timimg thing down. She's very quick with her combacks. I wonder how many of Cath's lines were ad-libs? or does she stick strickly to the script.

My friend and I were talking too about how well she does in those type of interviews when it's one-on-one, like you said kaylyne, then gets flustered on talk-show type interviews.

14. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

We know the "Thank you. Goodnight" at the end of the car race experiment in RIBSC was a Marg ad-lib. That's got to be one of my favorites.

15. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

LOL I either saw/heard about it somewhere or imagined it myself. I just had this impression. Don't count me on that. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.