Driving

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BlueCurl, May 10, 2007.

1. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

but more expensive in care. More work on it as well to keep it going.

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Noooo - we have 20 yrs old diesel Mercedes, bit over million kms behind - and there is no cheaper car. Even you have to pay dieseltax, there's very little of problems. Dad tried to sell it will 300e but they said it's too much.

Of course it's mostly used with dogs and when you go to do forest work or when our first car isn't available.

lovely old car <3

3. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

I love my '92 car but it recently started to acquire some more attention, love, care and cursing to keep it going. It is a Suzuki Swift...

My borthers' 2002 car (ford focus 5-door hatchback) is less expensive to maintain just because it is new. So both cars take the same amount of money comparing all expenses.

And never have a red car! Takes a lot of effort to keep it red and not pink! Although the colour itself is fine!

4. shady

shady Hit and Run

I live in the countryside so a car is an must, with only one bus coming through an hour and the same with trains (a couple of miles from my place), as kids we never really went anywhere! Plus the prices of public transport being way too much, it pays to have a car.

5. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

We don't get such questions in the written test, but in the practical test you are sometimes asked to explain the little blinking warning symbols on the display, such like "refill oil" or "handbrake still pulled", you know? But you don't have to show any motor parts. Haha, my friend should demonstrate the different kinds of headlight, you know, dimmed headlights, full beam, position light. She switched on full beam, and normally a little blue light on the display shows that the light is on. But there was no light, and she turned to the examiner (is that right?) and said, "Oh, it doesn't work..." The driving teacher coughed. She again: "Must be broken..." Driving teacher coughed louder. It was only then that she realized that she hadn't even turned on the normal light :lol:

6. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

So, I washed my car today :cool:
    I finally got the courage to do it, 'cause it's freakin cold out there. My fingers are still defrosting. I was considering to take my car to the carwash, but then.. that costs so much money (and I'm going snowboarding next week, so I can use all the money I can save :p)
    But now I'm glad I did it. Car's all shiny and sparkly now :D

So I was wondering, do you wash your car yourself or go to a carwash? And how far do you go? Do you just hoze it down, or all the works? (soap, vacuum etc..)

7. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

I do both, wash it outside at the carwash, one where you apply the soap and then clear it with pression water and then clean the inside at home, but it's been a while since last time I did. My car is grey underneath all the sand and dirt, but the building beside my work place is not done and it's frustrating to get the car clean only for a day.

Here is forbidden to wash the car at home due to drought, so we only can take it to places where they recycle the water.

8. X05

X05 CSI Level One

I used to regularly take my truck to the carwash (where the attendants would wash, wax, detail, etc), but since buying a smaller car, I have found that I can manage washing/waxing at home. I save about $25 a month!