CSI:NY Season 4 - U.K

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by nattybatty55, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

Happy Birthday Seren y Gogledd !!!!
    :D

2. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

Thank you Sammy11!

3. ryansnuttytart

ryansnuttytart Rookie

I'll be brief (as off to bed) but will fill in mroe tomorrow.

I wasn't impressed really. The storylines seemed a bit flat and unreal. Not a lot of Flack (talk about tease us last week and hardliy anything this time).
    Some how it just didn't seem to flow that well and the letter things just chucked in at the end was rubbish. They could have dealt with that much better.

Right off now.

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

The episode was nothing special. It was watchable, but the cases were a little ridiculous. Flack's face when he saw the guy in the shower, and him talking about his family and his 'paging Dr Who' line were all good points though, I am obviously easily pleased. :lol:

The 'death by orgasm' case never had me interested. And it does annoy me when they find trace evidence and match it to the only person or place in the whole of NY who is using it etc. In a city as big as that I just find it hard to believe. It's always a good job that these suspects are never just generic office workers. :rolleyes: I mean, the only guy working on mastadons? Lucky he brought trace with him to the coffee shop... :rolleyes:

The main case had potential but never really lived up to it. His seizures and genius caused by a childhood needle in the brain, the storyline certainly had Hawkes lighting up, which was good to see.

It's never going to be in my top 10 episodes, but it was OK.

5. xxmaybe

xxmaybe Hit and Run

I can only hope next weeks episode is better, anyone know the synopsis? I'm surprised there were no mentions of Mac's 333 calls - especially after they've been mentioned in every episode so far.

6. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

^Yeah, especially after the end of 403, it would have made sense for Mac to at least mention the bloody tshirt or something. But, I'm sure if the 333 caller was explicitly mentioned in every episode it would also get boring pretty fast. ;)

As for next week, from the Radio Times:

7. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Has anyone noticed that part of the C5 hotline number (the one you ring to answer the question and win money at the end of every ep of CSI) is 333?! It was so funny the other week 'cause they asked what time was Mac getting the calls and the answer was right there in the hotline number!

8. xxmaybe

xxmaybe Hit and Run

Coolio, thanks for that! :)

Hmm... sounds interesting, but I'm not too sure on the premise - but I won't past judgment until 10pm Saturday lol.

True, it would get pretty dull fast if they mentioned it in every episode. But as you say, after the bloody shirt you'd think there'd be some mention of it somewhere!

9. Sammie

Sammie Rookie

Hahahahaha really? Ch5 must be trying to make it obvious so they don't get sued for "misleading competitions" like every other channel these days.

It just appeared as if Mac completely ignored it though, there wasn't even a moment pondering about it or a worried look...

10. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

You'd think he'd at least have swabbed it to see if it was real blood...

Also in the Radio Times the preview says we're going to get Adam this week, which I'm sure will please a lot of people, but it also refers to "crashingly awful dialogue" (probably just from his point of view)

11. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I think it's probably safe to assume that Mac will have swabbed the blood, we just didn't see it happen.

"Crashingly awful dialogue"? :lol: The Radio Times reviewers are often harsh but true. To be honest though, I think that terrible dialogue, sometimes cringe-worthy, can be found in many episodes of all three shows in the CSI franchise. ;) It hasn't stopped me loving the show yet! :lol:

And yes, lots of Adam geeking out equals a happy Elsie. :D

12. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

I agree, some of the one-liners are just toe-curlingly awful...

13. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I just read that today i was cracking up.

I love the Radio times because in all honesty they do almost slate CSI (Maimi more than most but NY gets its fair share recently) but they still seem to say its one of the shows you have to watch and its always on there reviews.

Tho i did find it funny they got there facts wrong about LV and not seeing the 2nd Part of Without A Trace when its on FiveUS straight after.

14. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

Radio Times. Love it!

I mean lets face it, it's hardly gritty and dark (although the first Season was and I personally loved that, it made it different but hey I was in the minority) drama, and as twinkletoes said, some of the one liners are bile enducing, usually Meline gets saddled with them but this season they've passed them to Eddie and Gary too, WHY?!?!? :confused:.

It is entertaining though, they come up with the wackiest crimes (although if the past two weeks are anything to go by the most unbelievable :mad:) and they manage to wrap it up in 40 mins, not bad... it's cheesy, occasionally tacky, sometimes informative. It's never going to win a golden globe/ BAFTA (although LV did win an Emmy didn't it?) not by the writing standards of todays television. :p

I have to say though I prefered Alison Graham's reviews more than David Butchers (she was far more humourous).

15. ryansnuttytart

ryansnuttytart Rookie

So are people looking forward to tonights episode? Hopefully it will be a bit more realist than the last two.