Season 5 eposode 11 - Who Shot Sherlock - Opps?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Hazarath, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Hazarath

Hazarath Victim

I'm a computer nerd, so, sorry if this seems so... well, insignificant. Notice the next 3 images:

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/3489/csierror1kt3.png

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9240/csierror2do7.png

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/1096/csierror3mw1.png

Notice that they top two images show the signature IBM/Leveno ThinkPad trademarks; the logo on the lid, and the colored mouse buttons... however, the last picture shows the Dell logo...

Is that just a simple error, or was it intentional?

Edit: Seems it doesn't like image tags? o_O

2. WornSouls

WornSouls Witness

I have noticed they use alot of Dell, so my guess is, they used the laptop they could get, and then with the close up logo used the Dell, because of some sort of merchandise deal. Sponsorship maybe? Like with the phones they use. Lots of series do it, but yeah they probably should have edited it a little better. Good eye!

3. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

^ Yeah, I've noticed previously that they use a lot of Dell products in LV too.

Hazarath, please can you clarify if your original question is related to the products or merchandise that they use on the show or to the errors that you have noticed on the show? If it is the latter then I'm not sure that this post is in the right forum and I'll move it up to LV for you. BTW, image tags only work once you have reached 100 posts on the board, before that url links are fine, don't worry, people will still click on it. ;)

I think that there are probably many examples on the show of continuity errors, and it's not nerdy to notice them. :lol: You have a good eye! I've read or heard somewhere that they do the close up shots at a different time, often using other people (so if you see a character's hand in close up it might not always be that actor, they may have used a stand in), so maybe the director in charge of continuity needs to pay closer attention to what should be in the shot... :lol:

4. Hazarath

Hazarath Victim

Er... it was a general observation, not a marketing thing... not sure why it was moved. o_O I want peeps to see it in context...

It's now in the wrong category, and now peeps can't tell if it's from CSI:, CSI: Miami,or CSI: NY. o.o Can it be moved back?

5. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

No worries, I'll move it back up to LV for you.

*Moved*

6. Hazarath

Hazarath Victim

Thankies.

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

It was moved because you were referring to merchandise that is used on the show, as to what show it is, you can tell as I believe Sara is in one of the links and the title of the episode is righ in the subject line. Instead of playing merry-go-Thread, we will leave it hear. Unless it goes into discussion that would pertain to the merchandise forum.