Danny/Lindsay #21: The future’s in the bag!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Moriel21, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxAnGeLheArtZ

xxAnGeLheArtZ Police Officer

Re: Danny/Lindsay #21: The future's in the bag!

YOO HOO! :p :p i don't know where shipper buddy Chelle is, but i'm sure she's thrilled about the new thread! :D

here are some favors for everyone celebrating the new thread!
    [​IMG]

danny and lindsay keep new york sexy. they can just work together and it already shows. ;) take their demonstrations and time in the lab: danny holding lindsay's hand in COD, taking apart the cell phone in CoTP, the glances in ZY, and the bullet trajectory in CS. enough said. and let's not forget the episode with so many flirty moments: DoWaR. the "that's my girl" grin, beer and buffalo burgers, the PAT, nipple marker, and the look in the wine cellar. :p

psst. happy birthday, speedsdaughter!

2. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

Ooh, thanks Cuzzy!

There are so many awesome reasons why we love Danny and Lindsay. They're adorable, funny, gentle... need I go on? It's so obvious they should be together. Even with new eppies on the horizon, there are never any guarantees, and that's when fanfics & vids bring this couple to life.

Hats off to the fluffiness, the angst, the humor. Mix it all together and you get what DL is all about.

Sissi :)

3. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

*grabs some of Angel's sweets* Txs hon, and good to see you in here again :D...and you're so right...they make NY totally sexy :cool:

I'm sure she can take his outbursts, but when he keeps at it I believe she will reach a point where she does walk out - to give him some time to think about what he's doing. :)

That would be the best part! When he suddenly realizes what's going on and tries to make up with her in every way possible... :devil:

I love that reason :)...and don't forget, dropping everything and taking the first plane to Montana to be there for her. :D

I have that too...I don't ship a lot and when I do it still never makes me react as D/L does...whenever I see them in a scene together I get this goofy grin on my face... :D

LOL I get that everytime 'Jenny don't be hasty' is playing somewhere... :devil:

Another reason
    They prove that even people from totally different backgrounds can make a relationship work...

Welcome all de-lurkers, it's great to meet some of you ;), SpeedsDaughter belated happy birthday! :D and MTC great job on converting your bf!

ETA
    Liffy! I just noticed your location... :lol: :lol: :lol: you naughty, naughty boy :devil:

4. dl_shipper34

dl_shipper34 CSI Level One

*delurks for a few moments* Why do we love DL?

Because we can. It's our fandom and we'll ship if we want to (mer's words, not mine). They bring something else to the show, a breath of fresh air to the otherwise dark atmosphere. As dutch stated, two people can be from completely different worlds and still fall in love. They even each other out and have changed the other for the better. Danny has matured greatly, and Lindsay has learned to take that leap of courage, to open her heart to someone. We love DL both as a couple and as individuals. They are each other's pillar of strength and hope, even when it seems the entire world is against them (ie. RSRD). We love them because they have shown us that pool tables are not just for playing pool :devil: and that not even being across the country can stop them from showing their devotion and love for one another. We love them because we choose to.

A piece of the Sonnet XVII, from the movie Patch Adams:

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where,
    I love you simply, without problems or pride:
    I love you in this way because I don't know any other way of loving

but this, in which there is no I or you,
    so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand,
    so intimate that when I fall asleep it is your eyes that close.

*steps off soapbox and returns to lurking* :p

5. Kale

Kale Civilian

We kind of seen Lindsay freak out on a suspect before. I think it was 'All Access 2.21'. She yelled at that guy and Danny chased her out of the interrogation room telling her to calm down... when she was worried about Stella...

But ANYWAYS, I am so happy to see a Danny/Lindsay board! -dances-
    And rumour has it that the 'writers' strike' may be over soon. KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!

6. JenP

JenP Police Officer

Hi guys! Great to see a new thread! I've been away for a few days, that's why I said goodbye to #20 so soon. I won't be leaving however, this is way too much fun!

I've heard the writers strike may soon be over. I hope that's true, it's time for some new spoilers and we're totally running out of episodes.

Í know this is just a short post, but I got two sick children in my house, so I'm too tired to think of anything useful to say. So, wednesday we'll be seeing a new ep. Looking forward!

7. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

*Mo pops in, top hat on her head, cane in hand dancing a rag time jig just for her D/L shippy buddies..."Hello my baby, hello my darlin', hello my ragtime pals!" :lol: * (Yeah don't ask why, really why not? It's Monday so who doesn't need a good smile! ;) )

Hello my shippy dears and Happy Monday! I feel like I need a weekend to recover from my weekend! It was good, just crazy busy and go go go! :lol: Giants won yesterday, I was going for the Pats :( but it was a great game huh! I bet Danny and Linds were glued to their tv watching it...well when they weren't glued to eachother making out! :devil: ;)

I LOVE all y'alls reasons for loving D/L by the way, they are inspired and really fun!

Aud my Fluffy wub, I ADORE that quote you posted from "Sleepless" that is one of my favorite movie quotes and it fits D/L so perfectly...love that! *Hugs!* Oh and I loved your reason for loving D/L hon, awesome! ;)

And Stuffy that one you posted from "Patch" that's another great one...y'all are so brilliant posting all these fun quotes...I loves it! :D

Dutch yeah I hope if the PTB do have Linds go the angry route that they listen to me and have Mac put her and Danny in a room to "work it out"...cuz that's one "work out" I really really want to see! :devil: :lol: And yeah Liffy I don't think Linds will react right away if Danny got angry at her cuz she'd know he wasn't mad AT her, but still I think she'd get upset by it, but yeah however it goes I want makeup smex dang it...and lots of it! ;) Heehee! :devil:

Smi! Hi hon! You like JAG? Rock on, me too...cool beans! :D Harm/Mac are one of my millions of ships! :lol:

Okay time for me to be off to work...YAY for a new eppy this week, finally!! I am determined to make us have a fluffy D/L moment just by the SHEER POWER OF MY FLUFFY OPTIMISM!! :lol: Who's with me? The more people we have wishing for it...the stronger we are! :D

*Mo giggles at herself and spraying the thread with a liberal dose of pink fog, shimmers off in her fluffy bubble!* :D

8. sherry

sherry Dead on Arrival

As a non-american I don't have a favoutite NFL team, but I have to admit I cheered when I heard NY Giants won the Superbowl... might have something to do with the bowl in Danny's kitchen left out for Lindsay in SD!!
    Hope writers'srike really is nearly over, I read that if they do go back soon there should be enough time to finish another 6 episodes before they're due to finish this season's production!!

9. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i felt soo weird the whole time watching the Superbowl and thinking about Danny's Giants bowl he left out for Lindsay lol. (so happy the Giants won by the way, my family and i are all Giants fans)

10. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Oh wouldn't it be fun if Lindsay tried to make Danny feel better by making fun of the Giants? She'd probably say things like they won on pure luck just to poke him abit so he'll banter with her, and y'all know how much they both love to banter with each other cos it usually ends with lips crashing and laughter and possibly a pillow fight or two :)

And I'm adding in my OPTIMISM to that too! WE WILL RULE THE WORLD!! HAHAHAHa....wait...wrong goal. Fluffy scene :)

In all seriousness though, I wonder how long the writers are planning to take this storyline. If I remember correctly, Louie was never mentioned again after he was nearly bludgeoned to death...Danny seemed absolutely fine the next episode :| Hopefully they don't take it too far because I miss him grinning at Lindsay, if he doesn't, she doesn't grin back and that's just plain depressing.

Smile dang it!

I don't think she'd be TOO upset by it since she's gone through a similar situation and thus knows, somewhat, what Danny feels. :)

I'm trying really hard to see that work but I cant. Maybe it's the angsty side in me? But I seriously cannot see Mac being that supportive of them. He's very big on the integrity of his lab and his team functioning at its best is most likely a big priority. He'd probably be more mad than anything that their relationship was affecting the way they work.

If they do make Lindsay take the angry route, I'd rather it not because of their relationship and because the suspect really was chewing her leg off and she wanted to give the guy a piece of her mind. What comes to mind is a guy who's overly flirting with her and not answering any of her questions. That would probably annoy her, and Danny too :) He'd be all jealous and that would irritate her too and she'd be in his face asking why he's so jealous when he's been ignoring her for the past few days... Mac can stay far far away. I'd rather them not get into any more trouble, especially one than can affect their careers.

11. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

*Hopes her crashing-down-at-random PC doesn't do that in the middle of this post* :mad:

That sums it up completely...no matter what reason we have to ship them, it's a choice we've made - albeit a little unvoluntarily :rolleyes:, since they know how to sneak up on you... :cool:

Aaw, that's just breath-taking beautiful :(

Oh no, you don't! *dangles Danny in front off Stuffy* - No more Danny-time for you if you don't pop up here every now and then :mad: :p

That's right, and I think we need such a scene again...some suspect who pisses her off by not answering her questions or as Liffy suggested ^ who is flirting or making her uncomfortable :mad:...anything to get a reaction out of Danny... :D

...although that would be fun too...perhaps a bit too much for Mac, but he could always just send them home to talk and.... :devil:

Yeah, we need some new stuff to discuss...I hope the strike is over soon too...all those writers are creative people and although they have been on strike that doesn't mean that they stopped doing what they do best, so they probably have tons of stories to write down... :D

I know nothing about football either, only football I know a lot about is soccer, but when I heard the news about the Giants, my first thought was about D/L too...Because of the cereal bowl we all know Danny's a Giants' fan, but we really don't know what team Lindsay supports ;)...it would indeed be fun if they have been watching it together and Lindsay was cheering for the Patriots...hmmmm...*wonders if they've stayed focussed long enough to watch the end of the game* :devil:

I'll link my ANGSTY OPTIMISM to the FLUFFY - united we stand! :D

12. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

Hey kiddos! I've come back to visit. I come and go from time to time but I'm more of a lurker. There are just too many of you for me to really stick around, I get so lost! But I do check back a lot and D/L still has a place im my heart just to the left of YoBling.

I have a request though... :D Please feel free to tell me to take my request elsewhere if you don't think it's apropriate for this thread.

I'm writing a Danny-Centric piece for a challenge and I've never written for NY before. I was wondering if anyone would mind PM'ing with me a bit while I work on it, in different stages, and kinda helping me stay on track with my characterization.

I know that we have a fanfiction section here at talk CSI and a fanfiction "help" thread as well. The problem is that I'm writing it for the "Fanfiction Critique Group" and these pieces are supposed to be kept a secret from the other members until we post them. So... if I come here I run less risk of that happening.

Anyway... anyone who could help would get to be my hero for the week!

-LLK

13. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^A few of us, if not alot, are writers and we've all got our own styles. I've got no clue as to who's the best at keeping Danny as himself though. *shrugs* I wouldn't mind helping :)

You have no idea how sneaky DL is! To tell the truth, I started shipping them by accident. I started watching Season 1 pretty late and by then Season 2 had already started in the US, so I was reading online and trying to figure out who on earth Lindsay Monroe was since last I remembered (I wasn't a big fan back then) the other female CSI was Aiden something a rather (Burn yes I know but I didn't really care way back when). So I looked Linds up and I see them in each other's arms waltzing across a rooftop. HELLO! They looked so darn cute together, you just can't help but smile. :)

I don't really know why but I think the flirting would annoy Linds more than someone who's simply not answering her questions. She'd hate it if she's alone or working with someone else, but would play her strengths if Danny was in there with her, or knowingly watching the interrogation cos she knows he'll be flaring, clutching and un-clutching his fists whilst he figures out how to get the scum bag away from his girl, far, far away and make it publicly known that he's the only one allowed to flirt shamelessly with her. Hehe. :p

As for the writer's strike, apparently a tentative deal has been reached so the strike could end anytime soon :) Yay! More DL Smex please!

They'd have much more fun roughin' each other up abit playin' tackle. :devil:

They composed themselves just before the whistle blew, hence focused, and somewhat coherent enough to watch the end of the game. :D

And the SMUTTY too? :devil: Hehehehe. UNITED WE RULE!

...two tomatoes, a carrot and 2 large watermelons. :) Talking about fruits and vegetables has never been so....dirty. :p

14. dl_shipper34

dl_shipper34 CSI Level One

*grabs Danny and runs to her Gutterville house* My lovely dutch, I would never leave this here thread. It's way too much fun ;) I'm just taking somewhat of a break from posting here, that's all. But I still wub everyone.

Isn't it? Patch Adams is my favourite movie. That section of the Sonnet reminds me of DL :)

To be on-topic...I would love to see a scene where a suspects gets flirty with Lindsay and Danny gets all in his face about it. Or where a suspect threatens her and he's putting him in his place, 'cause nobody messes with his girl :p

Yes, they do that very well, don't they? I've managed to turn a few of my friends into DL fans, though they're not nearly as obsessed as I am. Becoming a DL fan is a choice I'm very glad I made for many reasons, one of which is that I never would have "met" all of you. So hugs and daises to everyone!

Who knows, perhaps they had a bet going on for the Super Bowl ;) and we all know what happened the last time they bet :devil:

I'll just stand with catey and auda with a sign that says "I Support DL!" We're the Fluffies ;)

Psst - Angel wubs, where be ye? :(

15. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

You also might want to ask in the Danny/Carmine thread in the NY forums as there are also lots of Danny fans who post in there. Might give you more to work with. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.