What's Your Blood Type?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Mar 3, 2006.

1. breakbeat

breakbeat Hit and Run

A rhesus negative.. My mum is B, I think my brother is B and my dad was AB..

2. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

I'm A+ as is my sister, brother, mom and dad and grandparents :lol: :p I'm not sure about the rest of my family. I'd love to donate blood to help someone. My grandmother was just recently diagnosed with blood cancer and the doctor said she was about three pints short of blood, so I immediately rose my hand for the transfusion but then he said he didn't want to do a transfusion, he wanted to have her take this shot to help.

I don't exactly know how a shot could be better than getting blood directly, but he's the doctor, I'm not :rolleyes:

3. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Mwhahaha, donated blood first time today :D I can go to ask on Monday what's my blood type (well, more like is it A- or A+ )

It was so quick and wasn't scary at all :eek:
    Besides I got nice black bag that has text "Life-Saver" and a pin of our Red Cross Blood Service.

The reason I went now, is the fact that I still check Blood Service webpage and see what types they need and now that flu-wave has arrived and I was ill during the Xmas - I thought why not.

And they were delighted how good veins I have :p

4. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Too bad, I've tried donating blood before but I'm just too underweight for that to happen (plus, I'm a bit anemic). :lol:

Anyway, as for blood types, I'm B+, just like my Mom and brother. My Dad and sister are both O+. My brother and I used to tease my sister that our blood type was B which stood for the best while hers was O for ordinary! :lol:

5. CSI_LV_AF

CSI_LV_AF Witness

I have never donated before. I'm sure they wish I would, my blood type is O- so anyone can have mine, but I can only get O. That sucks...I blame my parents. :lol:

6. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

I know I'm AB+ like my dad. I have no clue exactly what my mother's is but I think she might be either A or B. I also know that I can't donate blood because I'm also underweight.

7. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

Its sooooooo bad to admit but I only gave blood once years ago to just find out my blood type lol

I'm O+ so if ever I need an emergency supply of blood I'm all good :p

I haven't given it since, its not that I don't have a fear of needles such its just that there always seems to be a problem trying to extract blood from my arms. The various blood tests that I've had in my life have always been 'mini drama's as I've had 2 or 3 nurses trying to take my blood without sucess, they always have to take it from my hand and it hurts more when then they do that so I always kick up a fuss. So giving blood for me is an extra drama I could avoid

8. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

You're not a universal donor, you're a universal receiver.
    Lucky bastard :p

I'm O negative, meaning I can give blood to pretty much everyone. I also donate every three months (which is pretty big for me seeing I'm scared to death of needles :rolleyes:).

First time I donated, I passed out. :D
    I just got up too quickly. The nurse told me to lay down for a while, but I was like "Nooo, I'm fine". Then there was a sort of tunnel vision, and then.. well.. nothing after that. Except when I woke up I had a huge bump on my head :p

Any more donating stories? :D

9. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

First time I donated it was because I didn't wanted to go to a uni class and saw the donor bus like a signal of the destiny :lol:

I didn't passed, but was very cose, after all, I'm scared to deat to needles, but it was for a good cause. My brother was born with ictericia and had to change all his blood, and my father had two surgeries last summer and needed a lot of blood, so now I'm even more proud to say that I'm a donor :D

10. Gris_4_Sara

Gris_4_Sara Victim

I'm O-.

The first time I donated was to get out of a PT class when I was in the RAF. :D
    Donated every time I could after that.

Sadly I've not been able to donate in a while since I now live in the US and they don't like the mad cow thing. :(
    Next time I'm able to donate I will.

Come on you O- folks! Donate! You're saving lives!!

11. NZGirly

NZGirly Police Officer

I am 0- as well! :D :D
    Kinder of boring cos its so common. Oh well

12. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Actually, CSI_Watcher_8 is correct. He is a universal donor. The universal recipient is AB+. I hope this helps sort things out. :lol:

13. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

They warned me about that :p first that "get some juice" and I haven't been fan of needles either (and I don't think I am now either) but it was rather cool to watch that thing going from your arm to that bag :lol: And blood wanted to leave me bit too fast :p So after that, they brought me juice again and told strictly "there's a clock, you don't move for 10mins and when you do, you go slowly and move next to that coffee table. We won't let you leave before you take coffee or tea and some biscuits"
    They were such a nice people.

I think the most annoying part is when they tie your arm with that...thing so blood stays in your arm better and they can see veins better.

Sorry, still bit excited because I thought I can never do that :p

They ask it here too. "Have you lived in Great Britain in 1986-1995" and if you have, it's a nono.

ETA

^^ I did little search and only 0- is universal donor. 0+ can be only given to A+, B+, AB+ or 0+

14. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

I'm A-.

I've been donating blood since my 17th birthday (when we're allowed to start here) so for about 2 years. I've donated 5 times and I'm due another soon.
    People may find this wierd but I like doing it because I like needles (I swear I'm not a freak) I just really like it.

Okay now I sound wierd, I can it explain it like, I really liked the pain when I had my tattoo done, I find it relaxing...:S

15. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

I stand corrected :)