CSI:NY Season 4 - U.K

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by nattybatty55, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Danistheman

Danistheman Prime Suspect

I was out on Saturday, so taped the episode. The ad was on at the end of it. I certainly did stare & stare & stare... especially at THE blue eyes. I think I might have worn the tape out pausing it over and over and over... :eek:

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Is this just an ad for the next ep of CSI: NY, or something else?

3. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

No, it's an ad to promote a digital channel we have on freeview over here in the U.K called 5US which is a subset of the "Channel 5" franchise (which is a terrestrial channel). They show all the American shows on there that they have the rights to and repeat the CSI's on it. They have this slot called CSI Sundays (on sunday night) and it is back to back CSI's old/ new and so on.

Carmine is shown on both the terrestrial and digital channel in this ad promoting Season 4 NY on 5US (when they repeat it on Sunday) but actually the ad is for all three (I think).

Anyway he says something along the lines of "... come take a bite outta the big apple, 'careful of the maggots..." (Girls help me out here, I never really got past the first 3 seconds I was so mesmorised!). I have no idea if it was used to promote NY in the US, it maybe something that he did for CBS and Channel 5 have used it?

Sorry to sound like a fangirl but he looks HAWT! :eek:

Last Season they had little interviews done with each of the cast (barring Anna Belknap - probably due to her pregnancy). In one the presenter is getting audition tips on his NY accent from Eddie Cahill (the presenter auditioned for the role of the 'Diaper Lice' guy - didn't get it) and Eddie thought it was so Hilarious, he actually turned up and sat in on the guys audition... and couldn't stop laughing. Very funny!!! :lol:

Hope that doesn't just sound like me babbling on...

4. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

I am a bit late with this but here goes....I wont go into all my gripes with the ep just the highlights

Plus points

Flack

Flack shirtless

Flack in a tux.

Mac - bad pun not withstanding.... Back in Black indeed...NICE.

Liked Danny teasing Flack about the girlfriend.

Mac confiding in Flack..*sigh*

Nice to see Sinclair again. (It was strange switching between channel 4 and 5 and seeing Lt Dan and Bubba then Mac and Sinclair....)

Minus points

Far fetched idiotic plot...

Thats two episodes with plot holes you could drive a truck through in two weeks.

I am all for the odd fun episode but please.......and next week we have time travel...*headesk*

5. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

Sammy, I've only seen the audition one once, all the other Russell Kane (yep, that's his name) interviews get shown a lot between episodes and it bugs me that they don't show that one more, it was really funny when he struggled with the accent! And how cool would it have been if he'd been better and got the part?

6. nikkilou31

nikkilou31 Victim

Was that the one where he auditioned for the part of the bloke who collected things from the Blue train in Murder Sings the Blues? I thought that was hilarious. :lol: :lol:

I would love to see him do some more interviews. We have seen Mac, Carmine and Eddie. I would like to see melina and Anna and Jessica Vaughan (Angell, I think that is her name). :) :lol: :)

7. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

Nik, Angell is played by Emmanuelle Vauger (I can't remember how to spell her surname). They did do a Melina one, but she wasn't interviewed :( I think Anna was preggers at the time, although saying that Kane was auditioning for a part in 3x06? So maybe she didn't want to take part... :confused:

Did they do a hill one?

Yeah I know, I saw the Eddie one twice and it was by far the best!! :lol:

What I loved about the Eddie one was the fact that Eddie embraced the wackiness of it, I mean he took time out to actually sit in on this guys audition. Gary and Carmine, looked a little freaked at Kane's interview style (can't say I blame them!! :D) but Eddie sat on set (all dressed as Flack) and gave him tips then the next time you see him, his in his Jeans, sneakers and t-shirt (looking FINE!!) laughing his arse off!! Just endeared me to him even more. :D

8. Top41

Sammy, thanks for the details of the commercial! No, that's not something that I've seen air in the U.S.--it was probably for UK television. The maggot line sounds funny! :lol:

9. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

Blimey, it ain't 'alf quiet on 'ere!!

Where are you all? - I'm logged on at work, so i'll have to dissappear in a mo.

So anyone excited for this Saturday night? To be honest I don't know much about it... something about someone confessing to a murder before it happens, takes me back to Season 2, when that guy came in Looking for Flack and confessed to murdering that Doc... I always wondered why he knew Flack?...

Don't get me wrong, if I lived in NY i'd be making sure i knew exactly who Flack was as well :devil:... but huh?

'ynyway, for all you Gary/Mac fans apparently he does some strumming this epidose too. Again taking me back to Season 2...

10. xxmaybe

xxmaybe Hit and Run

Haven't really heard that much about Saturday's episode. I've given up on the TV mags after they described the season opener as "Mac returns from holiday".

But I have heard there's a brief reference by Mr.Flack to Doctor Who which got me a little excited, quite sad really lol

I think, if I heard right, it's Flack & Hawkes on the case. I like those two together, they play off one another quite well - I loved them together in 'Sleight Out Of Hand'

11. Joolz

Joolz Police Officer

Sammy, I know I'm quiet this week....I'm still stunned from the marvellous Torchwood episode this Wednesday...that had me going from awww, sniff... to squeeeee...ahem (sorry) back on topic now. After the Flacktasticness of last week I'm hoping for some good stuff again this week and will as usual have my V+ bos locked and loaded in readiness ;) ;)

I just hope Lindsay fades back into the scenery again, :mad: where she belongs, far, far, too much of her last week..

12. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

I have to say i'm not a fan of torchwood - nothing actually against it, just never got into it. But yeah heard about that - Masters girlfriend thought it was hot... not that i'm disagreeing there at all!!

Do you know whats really annoyed me though, on you tube they've made it so you have to be over 18 to view it!! GRRR! what kind of message is that to people... you can only watch two men play tonsil hockey if you are over 18? That ridiculous, fair enough it was after the watershed on the BBC but not so late teenager wouldn't be able to see it. IT WAS A FRIGGING KISS :mad: :mad: :mad: :rolleyes:

Rant over. (btw I am over 18 but it annoyed me nonetheless)

I'll be honest Lindsey hasn't annoyed me half so much this season... now the "dark secret" had died a death and they've got rid of the "romantic element". I'll be honest though, if they want me to actually like her they're gonna have to work hard, but hey I've felt like that about Mac sometimes too! :lol:

Well I'm looking forward to it, and as (sorry my memory is pants so no offence meant) someone said above it's Flack and Hawkes, so Flack is gonna get that HUGE chip on his shoulder no doubt, but they both play it so well... actually I did notice that Flack seemed less hostile towards Hawkes this season, maybe they went for drinks with Stella after the events of "Snow Day" and cleared the air.... and maybe they cleared more than just the air... :devil:... you think perhaps Danny has some Comp?!?!

13. Top41

Random OT--Joolz, I love your avatar! :D Which Torchwood ep is that from? And are Jack and Ianto still kissing? :D Are they together now? :D

On topic...I find Lindsay far less annoying this season than I did last. I don't think she's a vital character by any means, but she's way better than she was last season.

14. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

OT. *jumps in* I made this icon earlier this evening (I saw the scene and thought of Faylinn, which is totally weird). :lol: It's from the latest episode (203)... Jack asked him out, in the first episode of the season, and then they kissed the other night. :D

[​IMG]

On topic. Speaking of Torchwood, brings me to Doctor Who. Which might well be mentioned in the NY episode airing tomorrow night in the UK, albeit a very brief mention. Flack always gets the best lines. :lol: And how great was Flack last week as 'James Bond' or 'Flack. Don Flack'. :D Yummy.

15. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

*runs in screaming*

SO totally hot! i know i don't watch it but my mate recorded it and said I had to watch it. OMG! :eek: I'm still fanning myself!! GO Jack!

Slightly off topic and I feel this should be moved to the approriate thread (sorry to all you non-D/F, I will take it over there) Someone needs to show TPTB at CBS/CSI... cos I don't think i'd ever recover but it would be a great wy to go! :lol: