George/Nick:Texan Charm #8

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Elsie, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

He should have 'grip here' on it instead McStokes :D
    I have tried to help in the search for the elusive tat, but have come up with nothing - it was worth the time rewatching though, that's never any trouble. :p

2. OnlyTruth

OnlyTruth Pathologist

LOL, you guys. I can just imagine the heart/mom tat. How about something "tough" like a cobra or a skull :lol:

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I watched the pilot last night and nope don't see it. The only time I thought maybe was when Nick and Warrick were at the case board. You know, George could have been more specific in the article.

As for tattoos how about his fraternity insignia, dallas cowboys logos, maybe AC/DC? I thought about the "Mom" tattoo too.

So I saw this in a review for Season 6 DVD in Australia and they had this to say about Nick:

"Nick (George Eads) is still recovering and still being haunted from his traumatizing event in last season's finale. This season sees his character grow and become stronger."

There's nothing more truer than that. Grave Danger was probably the most defining episode for Nick. If there is one single moment that changed Nick forever it would definitely be being buried alive. And you really started to see that change in "Gum Drops". And if he empthazied with the victims and families before, he really does now. Being a victim makes him care even more and be more determined to solve the crime, to bring justice to the victim and family.

4. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i was actually disappointed with the way season 6 went for nicks storyline. he pretty much was perfectly fine after the few weeks that pass between the finale and the season opener. we had a reminder of what happened in gum drops, but again he was drawing a parallel to his own experience and not really dealing with how it affected him.

and faster than two shakes of a lambs tail *poof*! its over (to quote grissom :p) i would agree that he has become a stronger character, by getting more leadership oppertunities in the episodes. but he certainly didnt appear traumatized or to need recovery after such a horrible event.

tptb really dropped the ball with that storyline. it really could have been so much more.

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I totally agree! If you listen to the commentary on some of the Season 6 DVD episodes, they say (I think it was Carol) that they didn't want to "overdo" referring back to that episode. But my gosh, if it's to be believable then I think they should have addressed it more than they did!

And please..."Gum Drops" was supposed to have Grissom as primary on the case? Thank goodness he couldn't do it. There is no way that episode should have been anyone but Nick. No way. The fact that any of the writers or producers ever though otherwise just shows how out of touch they can be.

6. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Somewhere I thought I read that GE was part of the decision to have the whole Grave Danger thing put behind him. Tptb may not be the only ones to blame.

On Gum Drops I wonder how mcuh the script was changed for Nick. I myself still can't see Grissom doing the case. I don't think he would have had the same need or desire to find Casie alive that Nick did.

And as for the tattoo I like the idea of Mom :lol: Maybe we should somehow get Monika to ask him and then she could report back to us on that :lol:

7. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

I like the idea of MOM too. it's kinda cute. and for Gumdrop, i think GE was perfect for it...no matter who it was written for..it was a great episode...with lots of nicky :D

8. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

Have I got a treat for you guys...After looking at the pilot at 1/8 speed (and spending the last 2 hours with Photoshop) I have a picture of the "peaking tattoo." It defiantly is there, here for your viewing pleasure. You can not actually see what the tattoo was of (you will have to ask GE himself when you meet him LOL )

[​IMG]

9. McStokes

McStokes Pathologist

LOL...maybe I'm blind, but I still don't see it!!

About GE story lines...I was so annoyed I threw something at the tv the other night while watching season 8 DVD's and 'Fannysmackin' with the commentary on...they make this big statement about how this epi "starts a long story arc for Greg this season into next," and how they were going to be developing how this experience effected him. BA!!! All I could think was..."excuse me??? Isn't there someone ELSE you are forgetting about who still needs and "ARC"??? :lol:

10. Jacquie

Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one not seeing the tattoo.

Oh McStokes don't get me started on the lack of story for our Nick. I don't want to be doing damage to my TV so I haven't watched the commentary yet on season 7. At least the Greg story arc doesn't seem to have followed him into season 8. Now if we can just get this writers strike over with and continue on with the story of Nick becoming a supervisor.... :) we will all be very happy Ward girls :)

11. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

AMEN!! I think every once in a while they could still show how being buried alive is still affecting Nick.

Ok, I looked at the pic. I think I see something, though very faint, on his left arm.

maybe this is it Now remember, it's very faint, but it looks like it could be it. Could be a shadow. It could be on right arm and the shadow is covering it up.

Girls, I am willing to make the ultimate sacrifice, fly out to L.A., hunt him down and ask him. It's a tough job, but I'm willing to do it. :D

12. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

I think you are right about where the "tattoo" was. I thought it was on the right sleeve, but now that you pointed it out I think you are right. it is on the left arm. Thanks for pointing it out to me. I will try to make it more visible with my Photoshop program, so we can see it better.

13. Jacquie

stokesgirl you're just wanting to do this to escape the lovely weather you're having in Illinois :lol: But I agree we need to find out where this tattoo was. Come on George divulge the secret. Please :)

Now on to Crate 'n Burial. I got to thinking about this and I think this is where Grissom started to treat Nick like a little kid. Remember the scene where Nick is in the car with Brass and Grissom starts telling Nick what to do. Nick has to remind Grissom that he's a level 3 now. This seems to set up the tone for the series of Grissom being the dad. And then we have the scene where Nick comes running to 'Dad' with the tape of the phone call. The kid wanting to please 'Dad'

14. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Okay, I still think it's under the sleeve on the right arm. It's just too obvious from the previous frames where you don't see it and then the sleeve is up a little and you do, but who knows? Maybe someday we'll get an answer! (that's a hint, Stokesgirl , get your flight scheduled. ;)

Question about the CSI magazine. Does everyone's cover have "Goodbye Sara" along the bottom? That's what mine has, but on the subscription card inside there is a picture of the very same "premier issue", photos and most text is the same, but at the bottom instead of Sara it has Nick and says, "George Eads: 'We never expected this much success'" Maybe he was bumped off the cover when it became official that Sara was leaving? But I wonder if two covers were actually distributed?

15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yes, I want to escape! Please, let me escape. Yea, 6 inches of snow. Whoopeeeee! [​IMG] UGH!

I thought it was on the right arm too, but when I saw this pic it looks like it's on the left arm. I stopped, rewind, many times on this part and that's what made me believe it was the right arm. However, when he is putting "solved" on his 99th case you don't see nothing peeking out. I don't know. *note to self* Get that flight booked. :lol:

Also, smokey my cover says the same thing "Goodbye Sara". The subscription cards were probably the tentative cover, before they went to press.

Ok, will watch episode three again. Until then, jacquie I totally agree with you. This was the start of the dad/son relationship. I'm thinking Nick wanted to smack Grissom at that point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.