And baby makes four...CatNip

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Michelle, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Michelle

Michelle Rookie

Here is my sequel to Bigger than the both of us. It take place about a month after they got married. Enjoy and please let me know what you think.

Catherine smiles and says quietly to Nick, “I'm pregnant.”

A simple statement that would change Nick and Catherine's lives forever. Nick was momentarily speechless. Catherine was afraid that he was upset. After all, they had never really talked about starting a family. He had always loved Lindsey as his own, so she looked at him and asked nervously, “Are you okay?”

Nick looked at her with what could only be described as loving eyes. He simply nods and this confuses and worries Catherine. She manages to croak out, “I didn't plan for this to happen. I know that we never really talked about having more children, but...”

Nick silences her with a kiss and finally manages to tell her, “I don't know what to say Cath. I never thought I'd be blessed so much. First I marry you and Lindsey becomes more like a daughter to me. Then you tell me I'm going to be a daddy again.”

Nick reaches out a touches her stomach gently. Even though she isn't showing yet, Nick swears he can feel the baby there. He looks at her again and she sees the tears falling down his face. She hugs him tightly and whispers, “It's going to be a Christmas baby.”

Nick laughs and asks, “Are you happy about this Cath?”

She nods and tells him, “I was shocked at first, now I couldn't be happier.”

They kiss as the scene ends.

Later that night, Nick arrives for his shift. He opens his locker and smiles as he sees the picture of Catherine and Lindsey. He realizes how lucky he is to have them in his life. Greg and Warrick was into the locker room and Nick smiles and tells them, “Guess who's going to be a daddy?”

Warrick laughs and replies, “Grissom?”

Nick looks shocked for a second and finally tells them, “No man. Me! Catherine gave me the news this morning.”

Greg and Warrick shake his hands and they both congratulate him. The rest of the shift goes on like normal. Finally it's time for Nick to go home. He and Catherine have the same days off, but since they are married now, they work different shifts. Today is their day off, so Nick has plans to take Catherine out for dinner. Lindsey is with Catherine's mom so they have the house all to themselves.

He get home and the house is quiet. He walks into the living room and sees Catherine laying on the couch with a pillow on her stomach and her eyes closed. He leans on the floor next to her and whispers softly to her, “Cath? Are you okay?”

She simply shakes her head and whispers weakly, “No. I've been sick all day.”

Nick rubs her forehead gently and asks, “Do you want to go out to eat tonight?”

Catherine groans and shakes her head, “I can't eat anything. My stomach is too upset. I'm sorry.”

Nick smiles as he stands up and picks Catherine up and carries her to the bedroom. He puts her in bed and covers her up and moves silently around the room. He walks out into the kitchen and gets a glass of ice water and a box of saltine crackers. He puts the water and the crackers on the bedside table beside Catherine. He smiles as he climbs into bed and tells Catherine, “If you need anything I'm here for you.”

Catherine merely moans in reply. She is too weak to respond and falls asleep next to Nick.

She wakes up during the middle of the night. She has an incredible pain in her stomach. She saw Nick's arm draped around her waist. She took a deep breath and finally some of the pain subsided. She moved Nick's arm and walked to the bathroom. She gasped when she saw the incredible amount of blood. She screamed and Nick came running in an instant. He took one look at her and knew they had to get to the hospital. He bundled her up and carried her to the car.

Nick prayed the whole way to the hospital. They held hands all the way to the hospital. Once they arrived, Nick rushed her into the emergency room. The nurse saw the panic on his face and asked, “What's wrong sir?”

“My wife. She's pregnant. She's bleeding and...”

That was all the nurse needed to hear. She called for an intern and they rushed Catherine behind the emergency room doors. Nick stood there and watched the doors swing back and forth and finally all movement stopped. Nick remained rooted to that spot for the longest time. Worried about his wife and unborn child, he collapsed on the floor and let the tears fall for the longest time....

2. MrsWillows

MrsWillows Rookie

Im so happy you're writting a sequel, but this is too sad :(... please we need an update.

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

ack more more fix it! lol

4. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

More, more, more!!! This is really well written... and of course now I can't wait to see the next part.

5. Michelle

Michelle Rookie

Don't worry! Everything will work itself out in the end. I promise to write some happier chapters in a little while. I like showing the angsty CatNip, but I also like the sweet and romantic CatNip.

As always, thanks for reading and letting me know how you like it. Will post the next chapter soon.

Michelle

6. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Chelle thats sad, please don't be mean to the baby or cath, update soon!

7. Michelle

Michelle Rookie

Nick wasn't sure how long he sat on the floor. Somewhere between heaven and hell. The next thing he was actually conscious of was the fact that two sets of arms were helping him to his feet. He didn't have the strength to fight them, so he allowed himself to be led over to the chairs in the waiting room. It was only after he was seated in on one of the cold plastic chairs that he allowed his eyes to focus. It was then that he saw Greg and Warrick sitting on either side of him. He shook his head and simply asked, “How did you know?”

Warrick shook his head and reminded his friend, “I guess you forgot that Tina works here.”

Nick simply nodded and allowed himself to close his eyes, because that was the only way he was able to shut out the image of the doctor carrying Catherine behind those cold white doors. He sat there are the hours passed by. Waiting was a certain kind of hell that he couldn't describe and wouldn't have wished on even his worst enemy.

Every second that ticked by, made his heart feel are heavier and made the tears flow faster down his cheeks. Finally, unable to stand it any longer, he decided to go to the chapel. It had been a long time since he'd prayed and decided that it couldn't wait any longer. Too much was at stake. Catherine and the baby needed his strength. More now than ever.

Nick walked into the front of the chapel and sat in one of the pews. He took a deep breath and sighed. He wasn't sure where to begin or if he even had a right to be here. It seemed kind of hypocritical to ask for help now and ignore the rest of what he knew was right, but he knew that he'd have to put aside any of that right now and focus on what was important.

He bowed his head and decided to talk from his heart. What he said would be enough to break even the strongest man's heart, “Lord, I know I haven't been to church to see you lately. I realize I don't have any right to ask this of you, but I need to ask for Catherine and the baby. Lord, please spare them. They are my life and my whole world. When I was down in that grave I never asked for you to spare me. I'm asking you, no pleading with you. Please watch over the baby and Catherine. I would give my life for both of them. I have never been a praying man, but I promise that if you spare them I...”

Unable to go on, Nick breaks down in tears. Great gulping sobs that could be heard throughout the church. Nick finally gathers enough strength to walk out of the chapel and is surprised to see the doctor standing and talking to Warrick and Greg. It was obvious they were looking for him. He walked over and saw the sadness in his friends eyes. They mirrored the look in the doctor's. Nick simply listened helplessly as he heard the doctor say, “I'm sorry. We did everything possible. They didn't make it.”

Nick managed to croak out, “Both of them?”

The doctor nodded and told Nick, “I'll allow you a few moments to say goodbye.”

Nick simply looked at the doctor. How was he supposed to say goodbye to the woman that he loved? It had taken him a lifetime to find her and now she was gone. There was no way that he would ever believe she wouldn't be beside him every night. Fighting with him. Laughing with him. Challenging him to be a better person, a loving husband and father.

Once in a Lifetime- Michael Bolton
    People fill their lives, with empty nights,
    And days that slip away
    Some search till the end of time, but never find,
    The open arms of fate
    One moment comes along, someone who’s a dream to you,
    All at once your dreams come true
    Chorus:
    Once in a lifetime, you find the one you really love
    For now and forever, one love that never ends
    Once in a lifetime, when every star that lights the sky
    Will shine with one reason, leading your heart to the one love you find
    Just once in a lifetime

Some people live their lives in compromise,
    And hide their dreams away
    Some never take the chance, within their hands,
    To claim the prize they make
    When faith is all you need, to hold the hand of destiny,
    Find the love that’s meant to be

Chorus:
    If you believe in the power of love
    And you believe that dreams come true
    Magic will fill your heart, when that moment comes along
    Just once in a lifetime
    Once in a lifetime, when every star that lights the sky
    Will shine with one reason, leading you home to the one love you find
    Just once in a lifetime, just once in a lifetime

He walked into the room that Catherine was in. He simply stared at her. She was so still. Even when she had been sleeping, she had never been so still. He walked over to her and knelt beside her. Once again, the tears flowed and refused to stop. Surely, by this time he must have cried all the tears that he had. But just as surely every time he tried to stop, new tears would come and replace the ones that had just been cried. He hated that this part of himself. He was a strong man, but this was the love of his life and he knew that he couldn't go on without her. So, he simply slipped to the floor and let the darkness consume him once again.

He awoke several long hours later. He was in a hospital bed himself. He tried to get up, but felt as though his arms and legs weighed a ton. It was then that he felt someone was holding his hand. He looked over and saw Catherine sitting in a wheelchair next to his bedside. He mumbled something and it caused Catherine to stir. Finally he was able to ask, “Are you okay?”

Catherine started to laugh lightly and replied, “The man who passed out on the hospital room floor is asking me if I'm okay.”

Nick shakes his head and tells her, “I guess I had a dream and I rushed you to the hospital and you and the baby...”

It's at that point that Catherine's smile slips some. She can't bring herself to tell him about what the doctor told her...

Hate it? Love it? Mad at me for the cliffhanger? Let me know and no matter which, I'll write more soon.

Michelle

8. MacsGirlMel

The italics have me slightly confused. And yeah fix the cliffhanger fast!

9. Michelle

Michelle Rookie

Sorry about the italics! I didn't realize it when I posted it originally. I corrected it and hopefully it makes sense now.

10. CathStokes

aww please don't kill the baby! and your evil doing that part to me! *kicks* More soon please!

11. Michelle

Michelle Rookie

LOL!! I know that you would have that reaction. I almost didn't write it that way cause I knew you would be mad at me!! LOL!! Then I did. I think you'll like this next chapter!!

Nick is afraid to ask Catherine about what the doctor told her. So they sit in silence for a few minutes until Catherine is finally able to say, “The doctor told me that I am still in danger of loosing the baby. I have to stay on complete bed rest for the next few weeks. Then if everything is okay, I can get up for a short time.”

Nick breathes a sigh of relief. Finally he lifts Catherine's hand to his mouth and kisses it softly. Finally he manages to whisper, “I have never been so scared in my life. I thought you were...”

He can't finish that sentence. He simply stares at her for the longest time. Finally Catherine smiles at him and says, “I will never leave you Nicky. I love you. Forever and ever.”

Nick smiles watches as Catherine lays her head down on the bed and looks up at him. She looks at him with mischievous eyes and he starts laughing. Finally Catherine's nurse comes to the room and tells her, “I have to take you back to your room. You both need your rest.”

Catherine and Nick are reluctant to leave each other's side. Finally however, they realize that the nurse is right. Nick watches Catherine being wheeled out of his room. He smiles and closes his eyes and drifts off to sleep.

Early the next morning his doctor comes to see him. He decides to release Nick from the hospital. The first thing he does is rush to Catherine's room and walk over to her bedside. He leans over her and kisses her softly. She wakes up with a smile on her face and says, “Good morning.”

Nick smiles and says, “Good morning beautiful!”

“I'm hardly beautiful this morning. I look terrible!”

“I've never seen you look as beautiful as you do now.”

Catherine smiles and tells him, “Your sweet. Wrong, but sweet.”

“How about we just agree to disagree?”

Catherine nods and tells him, “I can agree with that.”

They talk for a few more minutes and finally it's time for Nick to leave and he leans over and kisses her softly. She smiles and tells him, “I never want to stop kissing you!”

“Good, because I never want to stop either!”

A few days pass and finally Catherine is released from the hospital. Nick is like a mother hen when she gets home. He is walking around and everything that she needs, Nick does. Finally she's getting tired of him hovering over her and tells him, “Nick, I know you mean well, but please stop!”

Nick looks hurt and Catherine finally tells him, “I love that your concerned about me, but I'm fine.”

Nick smiles and tells her, “I just don't want anything to happen to you and if you need anything...”

“I'll let you know! Seriously Nick, I'm fine. I'll be fine.”

Nick smiles and flops into the bed beside her. He props himself up on his elbow and looks at her. She laughs and says, “What?”

“Nothing! I just love looking at you.”

She swats at him with her hand and he laughs. Finally Nick grabs a book and lays down beside her to read. The next few hours pass in relative silence. Interrupted only by the occasional sound of the turning of pages in their books.

Now it's your turn! Hate it? Love it? Let me know!

Michelle

12. MacsGirlMel

I like it and am glad they're okay for now.

13. MrsWillows

MrsWillows Rookie

im so glad everything is fine...
    Please continue this soon.

14. CathStokes

*tackles you* You so better be glad you were good :D -- hehe, its an awesome update, more please!

15. toomuchovertime

toomuchovertime CSI Level Two

Well done. I'm a big YoBling fan, but I appreciate good writing when I see it, and this fits the mold Bravo!