George/Nick:Texan Charm #8

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Elsie, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I like the carpet swatch comment too. :)

Does anyone know why Spike always skips playing Grave Danger in the rotation? Like tonight is Weeping Willows, Iced, and then on to Bodies in Motion. Irritating, even tho, of course, I have the DVDs to watch.

2. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Spike probably doesn't play Grave Danger for the same reason that they don't play Lady Heather's Box. Time constraint. If there were 2 hours after Iced Spike may have played it then. That's what I figure anyways.

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

That's how I figure it. Spike did play Grave Danger recently though. I think it was New Years Day? They played all of their two parters.

The pizza size swatch comment always cracks me up.

I swear sometimes it looks like Nick just wants to ring these suspect's necks. Beat the crap out of them or something.

Nick just looked HOT in this episode! Oh yea, I forgot, Nick looking HOT in an episode is a given! Sorry, mind wandered there. :devil:

I wonder if Nick ever collected Grissom's winnings from the slot machine?

4. McStokes

McStokes Pathologist

Well hello! Just checking back in after a long hiatus...I see you are all doing well! I've missed all of you!

I am seriously dying of new Nicky withdrawals...I think I'm going to have to go have a "chat" with those writers! Don't they know that he is the only thing keeping me sane?

Plus, it would be a service to my community if they put CSI back on as it's causing me to be cranky on the job and ticket people left and right!

5. Jacquie

McStokes so good to hear from you. We've been thinking of you [​IMG]

I'm glad to see that the citizens of your county have let you loose for a change. And yes could you please talk some sense into those writers.

6. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

We need to see some new NIcky..but old stuff is great but it's always nice to see new ones too. the only good thing about this writer strike is that in the upcoming weeks, when i'm in the hospital having my baby...i wont have to worry about missing the show ;)

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

A little off the current supbject.

I've been thinking.

Remember when I asked what are your favorite Nick episodes? Oh, if you haven't posted yours, please do.

I think I'm going to have to add 'BULL' to that list. Not only do I like it because of all the Nickiliousness :devil:, but also because I thought it was one of the best opening shots so far on CSI, we saw a little of the old Grissom (that scene with him and Nancy, hilarious), and that scene with him, Greg & Wendy, priceless! Not to mention Nick got to be a hero again. When he walked away from that you can just tell how hard that hit him. There's that great acting again.

I'm afraid to ask (ok, I'm not really), because I know what the answer will be, but does anyone else agree?

8. McStokes

McStokes Pathologist

I really liked the epi 'Bull.' Although, I must say, I was a tad annoyed that they didn't work more of Nick's supposed rodeo background into the story! I was waiting for him to hop on a bull! (plus seeing him in a cowboy hat and chaps would just about set me over the edge!)

And thanks for the welcome back! Been a bit busy with work, and ended up out for a little with an injury as well...nice to know the Ward security woman wasn't forgotten! :D

9. Jacquie

I can't really put a finger on it but I liked Bull a lot. I think one of the reasons was that the case wasn't taken away from Nick. This was one of the few cases so far this year that Catherine didn't but in and take the case away from Nick.I liked the end because Grissom was treating Nick as an equal to Catherine.

McStokes we would never forget our Chief of Security :) I hope your injury wasn't too serious but I just glad to see back in the Ward where you belong :lol:

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah, Bull was a good one. I liked Lying Down With The Dogs too despite the sad subject. I thought GE's acting was so good. You could see the pain in his face as he listened to the boy talk about the horrors he witnessed in the dog kennel. As the reviewer on this website put it, 'he was the eyes and ears of the audience.'

11. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Oh, I so agree with all of you.

That really says it all, doesn't it.

Me too, it really shows how much respect he has for Nick. Though Grissom may not show it, I think he is most proud of Nick. How much he's grown, how great a CSI he has become, that he doesn't look for that approval anymore. It shows that Grissom thinks Nick has what it takes to be a supervisor. I mean he did recommend Nick for the "lead CSI" spot, that never came about. Grissom probably smiles that he had something to do with that and he did, a little anyways.

McStokes we ALL hoped he'd ride the bull.

12. Jacquie

I think the turning point in Nick's career was when Grissom was out of town for 4 weeks. You really see it in Redrum when he figured out what Keppler and Catherine were up to and called them on the carpet for it. Nick would never have done any criticizing of Catherine if Grissom had been around. Nick seemed to no longer be a follower but was starting to be a leader.

And I agree with the comment about Nick being the eyes and ears of the audience in Lying Down with the Dogs. I wonder how difficult filming that episode was for George. I know I have difficulties jsut reading about animal abuse in the paper or hearing about it on the news.

13. OnlyTruth

OnlyTruth Pathologist

I did like the Nick parts of BULL, even if I thought that the eppy as a whole was kind of far-fetched and confusing. But no doubt, the Nick parts were awesome - I'm just sad that we have to stop there for now.

I think that the change from follower to leader has been really gradual (with a few defining moments). Like when he stopped caring so much about pleasing/impressing Grissom, etc. All I know is that I like the "in charge" Nick and hope he sticks around for a long time.

Jacquie - congrats on your promotion to CAPTAIN!!
    McStokes - we have a bunch of new people waiting for their handcuffs. And a few of us old timers with worn out pairs. (good to see you!)

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

That was definitely a turning point. I just wished that they kept some of that tension in the subsequent episodes. I know Catherine may have been between a rock and hard place, but she let some new guy come in and sorta take over. I think Catherine was wrong not to trust the team. She knew better and she knew they'd be able to figure it out. Though it was Nick who was figuring it out before anyone else. If you ask me, that was a weak point of Catherine and she let the team down in a big way. Nick said it best "we trust you with our lives Catherine, you could have trusted us with this."

I also think a turning point in Nick's career was in "Eleven Angry Jurors". When Grissom asked Nick if he would have fought him on closing the case and Nick said yes. I think that also shown how much he had grown and how he didn't need Grissom'a approval so much. I like how he also told Grissom that he's always criticized how he empathizes with the victims and that's how he is. Basiscally, saying that's me and you have to accept that. Critisize me all you want, I'm not going to change to please you.

onlytruth I think we all agree with you, we like the "in charge" Nick.

15. Jacquie

stokesgirl I think you need to become apart of the Jacquie blackflag McStokes clan because I was about to post almost the exact same comment :) Great minds think alike :)

Here Here! Nick in charge is awesome :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.