Flack #8 - Flack, Don Flack

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Elsie, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Yeah, I think so too. He wanted to help Danny avoid making a mistake while still seeing if he could help Danny solve the problem in his own way. That really is a true act of friendship because we know how much Flack believes in doing things by the book.

I honestly don't think he does blame Danny at all. It's interesting--someone, La Guera maybe?--brought up in the grading thread that Flack seems to cut fellow officers slack and I wonder if that's part of it. He also cuts Danny a lot of slack at all times, so that could be a factor, too. Either way, I think he also would have done the exact same thing Danny did with Ruben--Flack would have sent the kid home, too, I think. So maybe he can sympathize there.

I definitely think that's part of it, too--he was visibly relieved when he saw Danny wasn't going after Ollie on a vengeance quest.

2. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I have to say Flack has grown in my book from s1 he just has so much going for him.

I felt like he has seen Danny do the stupid things like "On the job" and his almost short fuse that he knows it will in the end in loosing his job and he knows how much it matters to him. I think he doesn't to see him loose what's good.

I agree wit hyou TOP on Flack when he sees Danny isn't going after Ollie, you could almost see him thing thank you he has some sense but he still knows its not over.

I always think Flack and possibly Mac are the only people who will get through to Danny in those sort of situation. And Flack seems to know the "tough love" approach giving him the ultimatums and making sure he didnt do any damage when he punched the guy is his way of protecting him.

3. ericisacutie

ericisacutie Lab Technician

This man has the prettiest eyes in like the whole world! :cool: :D

4. penguinpie

penguinpie Prime Suspect

If I didn't know about NY's sorry record of continuity, I might be tempted to think that this was a good extension of "On The Job". Flack tried to reason with Danny, be firm yet sympathetic, but Danny was too wound up to listen. He walked out on Flack and Flack let him go. I suspect that, in hindsight, Flack would have regretted not going after Danny. Given the near disastrous results of Danny's impulsiveness on that occasion, I can see Flack reflecting on what he did wrong and how he should have handled it. Flack may even have felt that he let Danny down.

4.13 must have been a very unpleasant flash-back to that incident. Flack would have been painfully aware of what an emotionally-charged and revved-up Danny can do and how irrationally he could behave in this state. It's no wonder that Flack was so very determined to find him before he could do something he would later regret. Even when he found Danny, he didn't relax, but ensured that Danny understood the lay of the land. No misunderstandings, but very clear and explicit instructions, despite Danny's unhappiness. There would time for gentleness later, once Danny was no longer in danger of screwing up his life.

Poor Flack (as well as poor Danny). :( Danny so owes him big time for this and, hopefully, once he's calmed down, he'll realise this.

I also agree with Faylinn and Top41 about Flack's previous experiences with Moran and Truby informing his decisions. Being able to divert Danny before he could irrepairably damage his life and career would have been very much a priority.

Flack is very much a caretaker and this is reflected in his actions. He is also a believer in taking responsibilty for your actions, so he wasn't going to just let Rikki walk away. The thought of having to arrest Danny must have haunted him big-time. He would have, but it would have hurt him badly.

5. Top41

Ooooh, fantastic point about continuity! I don't know if the writers were going that way or not, but it's definitely a valid interpretation. When Danny walked out of Flack in that diner, he made a mistake--going to IAB even though Mac had told him not to--that hurt his career. I'm sure Flack feels like he should have gone after Danny to stop him from making that mistake.

And now, years later, he sees Danny on the cusp of making another big mistake. If Danny hadn't reported the gun stolen and Rikki had killed Ollie, or if Danny hadn't taken Rikki in after she threatened Ollie, his career could have been in jeopardy. Danny could have faced very real, very grave consequences. So Flack wasn't about to let Danny walk away from him again and go make a mistake that could cost him his career.

6. jencsimiamigrl

jencsimiamigrl Hit and Run

Flack+Angell=Irish Coffee

7. penguinpie

penguinpie Prime Suspect

As much as I would like to think it was deliberate, I'm more inclined to the "happy coincidence" theory. :lol: That said, the writers have showed surpising consistency with the Danny and Flack relationship ever since the first season. Perhaps it is an indication the writers are as fond of the pair of them as we are? It always plays out so well on the screen, how could it not be a favourite? Eddie and Carmine never fail to deliver the goods and it serves as a wonderful vehicle for showing up the strengths and weaknesses of both characters.

I would certainly agree with those who have said that their friendship is the most well developed in all 3 CSI franchises. Long may it reign!

8. ZhuShuaijie

ZhuShuaijie Police Officer

In my all electron equipments all have concerning thing of Flack(and Eddie),For example:Computer\ phone \mp4......
    And, in my bedroom,Also have many photographs of Flack(Eddie).
    extraordinary anthomaniac Flack and Eddie! :lol: :lol:

Yeah!!!Yeah!!!
    I very much like the Flack and Mac in 'The thing about heroes' performance.Especially is here and here here .
    The Flack is the Mac most worthiness trustful the friend!
    The Flack is thus of take pleasure in help and care someone else.
    Virtuous Flack!
    :eek:I love the Flack help eyes of other time.For example.
    That seem is at help me,away from the worry! :p :p :p

9. Top41

Oh, I definitely think both the writers and actors are fond of the friendship between Flack and Danny. It really is gold in terms of complex, real, and unique development--there aren't many friendships like that between two guys on screen on shows right now, and it really brings out so much in both characters. I imagine it's as much fun to write and act as it is to see it play out on screen.

It brings out so much in the two of them. I love how Flack, who always goes by the rules and is so tough with suspects, is willing to bend the rules to help Danny out. And Flack sure is one determined guy--getting the super to let him into Danny's apartment and tracing Danny's cell? That's real tenaciousness.

10. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

It's really great to see everybody interaction with Flack. Everybody at the lab respec him, and at the precint it looks like he got the status he had before 'Consecuences' took place, after all he made the biggest drug bust in 'Snow day'.

Danny and him showed a lot of respect and confidence, we've seen both of them act more at ease, more relaxed, when they're together than when they're surrounded by other characters. Also they can do for each other things they wouldn't do for anyone. Flack helped him when he knew the correct thing was to report him, and even let him get away with Nikki, something he hadn't done before, because he's a control freak and has to make everything by the book.

11. alexis_taylor

alexis_taylor Dead on Arrival

Flack does command respect!

12. Jay1987

Jay1987 Witness

13. flackfan_82

flackfan_82 Witness

:D :D oh yay, new pics! :D :D thanx so much Zhu and Jay!

Me thinks it's time to update my laptop background, esp. with that last one where he's lookin all yummy and smexy hot...*drools*... :p

what? i wasn't drooling...*tee hee* :lol:

14. Sirius

Sirius Hit and Run

He kinda looks like he's gunna cry.

15. flackfan_82

flackfan_82 Witness

that last pic is from You Only Die Once, right? When he's talkin to Stella? He's so cute there...looks so concerned for the *cough* girlfriend...sheesh...

picture this - you and Flack are goin at it hot 'n' heavy... :devil:*sorry, mind wandered for a moment*,... suddenly he hears a noise - goes into cop mode :cool: - boom! robbers! he chases them away, then comes back to comfort you and what are you doing?...calling your friends because you are stoked you just got robbed and now you're gettin invited to parties??? :eek: GAH!!! :eek:

I would be soooo pissed at those robbers for interrupting my Flack moment!!! stupid woman...I'd want to go to the interrogation room with him and be like "I need a minute alone with the robber... :mad:Dude, I was thisclose to tappin that...thanx alot! :mad:"

*snort* :lol:...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.