Ryan/Jon # 18: Why can't we cap our dreams?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by starzsgirl, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

FieldMouse haahaha for a second i was like "he looks nothing like him".. then i caught on right at the end with the whole Eye thing. haahah that was funny, made my night.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in a movie with Charlie Hunnam (the way he looks in the movie Abandon) and Keanu Reeves (because i love him in Lake House).. and for a female actor I would have to say Sandra bullock.

2. WolfeWhistle

WolfeWhistle Rookie

Yeah, it's hard to fathom, that's for sure. :( I totally know what you mean, too. He was one of a kind and had a real charisma...he'll be missed.
    I decided to make the icon and keep it simple (that picture of him is gorgeous) just as a little tribute. Least I could do, I guess.

I hadn't heard about the whole picketing thing. There's a time and a place for everything, and his funeral definitely isn't it. They should be a little more respectful, IMO.

Anyway, sorry for getting off-topic. Back to Jon:
    It's funny that Jake Gyllenhaal was mentioned because there's a video on YouTube of this guy's show reading fan letters asking if there are any pictures of Jon shirtless. Jon isn't in the video, but the guy is advising him through the TV to give the people what they want, like Jake did (cue shirtless Jake photo). Anyway, in the end there's a photo manip of Jon's face on Jake's shirtless body. I just happened to think of it when I thought of the 2 of them starring in a movie together.

I apologize for that rather long winded explanation, but I'll post the link tomorrow so you all can see what I mean. It makes more sense and is funnier when you actually see it, trust me.
    :rolleyes:
    Oh, I need to go to bed.

3. togo2hot

togo2hot Prime Suspect

yeah and jake is kinda good looking too. :)

4. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Sorry I have been away so long again. I agree with Sara - I would love to see Eric Szmanda and Jon Togo do something together. I would love to see them do something hilarious together. Plus it would be incredibly hott! :p

Oh and I saw Brokeback Mountain for the 1st time the other day. I didn't think Jake Gyllenhaal and Jon Togo look anything alike - but I guess maybe there is a similarity in their eyes. Them together could also be a nice combination.

5. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I though of another actor that I would love to see Jon work with, Tom Hanks. They have very similar personalities and would work well if Tom was a father figure type and Jon was the son. And if it was a comedy that would be totally amazing! Also if they were stranded on a desert island...shirts would be coming off!! :devil:

6. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Ok so my first one would be justin Long cause I have liked him since jeepers creepers and finding out him and togo are buds just made it so much sweeter. I think (JMO) but we will see more justin and togo together on screen in the future.

I agree with eric szmanda, that would be a good pair to watch. JOn and Jake, yeah because they can both do serious and funny. I just watched bubble boy the other day and Jake was so dorky and funny in it. I'd like to see them do something funny together.

OK so what kind of movie would everyone like to see Togo in? MY vote goes to a comedy. I see him serious on csim enough and I don't think I could handle him doing a romantic movie and scene with a chic, unless he was semi naked or naked. I'm into horror flicks and I'd rather see him in something like that where he battles a monster and wins....

7. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

hahahaha Sue, "unless he was semi naked or naked" hahaahah
    that made my day.
    I would like to see him in a horror movie (obviously playing a good person for his first horror movie hahaha the main character) and i would love to see him in comedy as well!

Them stranded on an island sounds pretty damn good!!

Hey, did anyone else know this.... i felt like posting it now since justin long has been mentioned a few times. He said that the reason they made the casted videos was because jonathan used to always do that to make justin laugh and it was a joke and they finally came up with a little way to make it into a short video...etc

8. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

I hadn't seen Jake in anything until I saw Brokeback, and I just fell in love with him right then. I bought several of his movies, but my jaw dropped when I realized he was in Bubble Boy. I caught it when it was on tv, and it was not bad. Adorkable comes to my mind. It was the same when I was able to see a couple eps of Jon in Special Unit 2. I just grinned the whole time I was watching those cause he was just so adorable in them. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to watch more of them someday.

That being said, I could definitely see Jon in a comedy, but I'd like to see him in a horror or mystery movie. And I'd love to see him play the bad guy. We've seen him do intense, and I'd love to see him do dark. Not slasher dark, but evil manipulative dark.

katelynn I didn't know that they did the Casted vids because of that. I could see him doing that. :)

9. veggie

veggie Lab Technician

i never really saw the resemblance between Jake and Togo until the first episode of season 6. the first time i saw the rpeview i was like is that Jake in csi miami! then i realise it was Togo!

10. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

I still don't think that jake and jon look alike... i can definetly for sure tell them apart.

I wouldn't mind seeing him play the bad guy too, but for his first horror movie, i think i would like to see him play the main victim or something

Picture Request Does anyone have the actual picture for this, or any other pics along with this one?! CLICK HERE FOR THE PICTURE
    Thank you :)

New question (everyone can still answer the other questions)
    If you could spend one day with Jonathan on the set and around Miami/California where-ever they are filming that day, what would you do if he left the choice up to you, Remember PG 13 ;)

11. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

The first pic is from Marie Claire. The neat stuff you can find just reading old article on the website :D The second is just a nice random pic.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Distraction

Distraction Prime Suspect

Haven't been posting for a while, but I was busy procastrinating. Dx I hate school right now.

Uh, just to show that I read everything cause I did, I think that Jon and Jake in a movie would work well. I do think they look a lot alike, and I thought so the first time I saw Jake, which was in Brokeback Mountain (and that just brought me back to Heath - I didn't like hearing about that, he was a great actor and person from what I saw of him).

And now I'm hungry.

13. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Hey I have that Marie Claire magazine with togo in it. I nearly had to dumpster dive to get it. I went to Waldens books to find it and the dude working was a friend. He told me he had just threw them in the garbage ealier because they didn't sell..Can u believe they threw Togo away. If I wasn't with my hubby I so would have went into that dumpster for them. Luckily I was able to find them online to order YAY!

For your q's KT. If we were in MIami I'd want to go sight seeing of MIami and take Togo back to where I use to live in Ft. Lauderdale. FOr Cali i'd want him to take me sight seeing at his house LOL..*sticks tongue out* Keeping it pg 13.

14. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

hahahaha SUE!!! so funny. I can picture it now "what would you like to do sue?" "Hmmm i dont know, maybe go to your house?"
    hahaha "sure thing, *winks*".

Thats not a bad plan tho :) probably would work too!

15. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Since I've been to LA many times, my day would be in Miami. :) I'd love to spend the day on the set and have him be my tour guide. And this is going to sound really morbid, but I think it would be really cool to play a corpse on the show. Maybe an innocent bystander who's not really part of the storyline itself, but would get to have all that cool makeup. [​IMG]

Then we could hang out and play sax together. (That's s-A-x, not E!) :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.