CSI:NY Season 4 - U.K

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by nattybatty55, Dec 21, 2007.

1. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Ok I'll come back later when have more time to post and tell you what I thought but....I just popped in to say if you've got FiveUS, The deep, is on again tonight :D

2. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I have to say watching it the 2nd time last night I did find myself knowing what was next and going nooo. But I still enjoyed it apart from Stella's need to wear very high pointy shoes when looking for a suspect, not very clever.

3. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

What I liked:

-Vulnerable Mac when he told Stella he was still getting the 333 calls. He looked lost and uncertain and so cute.

-Stella turning Drew down and taking her card off him.

-Flack's Staten Island joke.

-Mac in sunglasses and a blue sweater. Yummy.

- Danny reminiscing about fishing for stuff with his brother and getting into trouble with his mother.

-Danny in a white vest

-Hawkes talking about his 'near-death' vision of Sid.

-Flack running up all worried about Danny.

-Mac getting annoyed with Lindsey's subway story. :lol:

-Pissy Mac! with the terrorist. Yummy. And the look on Danny's face, and Danny closing the door to make sure no-one saw. Then Flack coming in and acting like he hadn't seen anything and getting Mac to calm down.

-Danny and Hawkes at the end.

What I didn't like:

-Stella's unprofessional and unsuitable dressing. First the very low cut top and then the high heels at a crime scene.

-Lindsey whining on about how SHE felt BEFORE asking how Hawkes was.

-Lindsey's history lesson to Mac and Stella. It's not worth it, Stella.

-While I liked Pissy Mac with the terrorist, I did think, as FB pointed out, that the plot wasn't really high-tension enough for him to lose it like that. But it could be a mixture of 9/11 and the 333 calls causing him to overreact. I did like the way he looked at the student once he realized he was a terrorist, it was sort of shock and the beginnings of anger.

-Plot was pretty boring until the terrorist thing popped up. Even then it wasn't as high-tension as it could have been. I wonder how it would have turned out if there'd been a terrorist like Sonya Baroch in Miami in it. How would Mac react to someone like that? Very differently to Horatio, I would imagine.

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

:lol: I can't say that I particularly noticed her shoes. I was too distracted by her ridiculously low cut top. Stella's 'girls' were very much on display... ;) :p

I didn't really enjoy The Deep that much. It was OK in parts, I liked the Flack/Danny banter at the beginning, Danny/Hawkes banter, Flack being flattened by a suspect. All good fun. But the actual case was a little bit too random for me, and just when it seems to be nearly over, it turns out there is a bomb, and some stereotypical terrorist type suspects. :eek: :rolleyes: I don't know, it just seemed a little too much to me...

5. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I agree with the case it was almost a high profile kind of case which didn't kick in till it was too late. There was that little something i thought if they had found out earlier perhaps we could have had some more action.

Her tops don't worry me to much it was the shoes and she must have a lot of practice, I mean i can't wear them to save my life.

6. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^^^ Never mind running in them :lol:

7. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

^The terrorists were also very camp, which I thought was funny. I do wish they had introduced the terrorist thing earlier though, maybe then there would have been more tension.

Oh, and one other thing I liked was Mac and Flack chasing the terrorist, my two favorite guys in action, yummmmmmm!

8. Danistheman

Danistheman Prime Suspect

Thanks, nattybatty. Does anyone know if this is going to be a regular thing (Saturday night's episode repeated on Sunday on FiveUS)? It would be handy if it was, just in case the video/skyplus didn't work.Or if I wanted a double helping of Mr G :devil: Help, anyone...

9. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

^I believe it is going to be a regular thing. I know that FiveUS is repeating the new LV episodes the night after they air on Five, so I assume it's doing the same with NY. It definitely is next week, at 9pm on Sunday they are repeating 'You Only Die Once'. :D

10. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

There's a new trailer featuring Danny, and according to that they'll be repeating the new episode at 9pm every Sunday on FiveUS.

So, "The Deep":
    I didn't think this was as strong as last week's episode, but to be fair a season opener has to be big. There were a few things I liked though:

- Flack teasing Danny about Staten Island: "Too late to give it back?"
    - Flack again re the mermaid being registered under a false name: "I thought that was a little fishy myself"
    - Stella teasing Flack about wanting to question all the single women.
    - Sid, for once outside the autopsy room! I loved his reaction when the gas escaped from the vic too.
    - Sheldon's near-death experience, when he said Sid was "standing over me, firing up the bone spreader". I wonder if it's common to imagine your own autopsy in that situation if you've seen a lot of them. Maybe he could take a quick trip to Vegas and discuss it with Nick (I'm getting that slash feeling!)
    - Mac getting all angry with the terrorist. It was kind of uncomfortable, but no doubt any regular viewer would know he wouldn't actually kill the guy, just scare him.
    - Mac again, looking hot as ever :devil:
    - Stella's glasses.

Things I didn't like:
    - After all the development last week, there was no sign of Adam.
    - Has Lindsay been demoted to lab tech or something? She's not in the field anymore!
    - Would Mac really change his extension without telling Stella?
    - More bombs without any reaction from Flack.
    - The plot escalated VERY quickly - bombs hadn't even been mentioned by the third ad break. Maybe they didn't want to do another "hunt the bomber" story, but the twist was too last-minute to have any real impact.
    - Action Stella is cool enough as herself - she doesn't need to dress like Lara Croft.
    - Stella's little toyboy seems a bit creepy, I'm surprised she didn't just tell him to push off.
    - All that water, and no Wet Mac? I feel cheated :p

11. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

Glad it's not just me who noticed that!

12. Gaby

Gaby Rookie

Seren i totally agree about the wet mac... but i suppose we did get a dripping wet danny which was quite nice. I agree about the late blooming plot- Zuikers always going on about csi being little movies but i guess you just cant really keep doing that every week. They do mostly get it bang on though.

does anyone else notice the recurring pattern that whenever they want to develop a character they always put them in jepody? I love CSI new york to bits and im not saying i could write anything half as good but they do do that alot.

characters in jepody moments

stellas HIV
    danny being trapped in panic room
    Mac being targeted by 333
    Stella being kidnapped by frankie
    Hawkes getting caught under a mast underwater
    Lindsay being bit by snake
    Aiden DYING
    adam being burnt by cigarettes
    don being blown up and nearly dying
    Mac being caught in explosion
    Sid having allergic reaction
    Peyton getting her head smashed into a car bonnet

etc

anyone else notice this?

13. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

The new advert was on last nite with Carmine... My my it was ok I wasnt expecting it but oooh i was happy to see it, nice to see they aren't just reusing well they are.
    Hope it airs on 5ive not just FiveUS

14. nikkilou31

nikkilou31 Victim

I don't think I have seen this one. the one that I have seen is the one where he is being interviewed by that young lad.

How new is this one that you saw???? :)

15. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I havent seen it at all... 1st time and was definately a new one he wasnt talking to anyone kind of just introducing csi in the advert.

Guessing its a new promo.