Let's Talk Gay #3

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MiaCharlize, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Persona

Persona Hit and Run

I'm so glad most of you gals are all happy with your partners. It gives poor desperate guys like me hope.

I'm sorry to hear about your girlfriend, Ashley. Hope things work out! :)

I feel like the only gay guy in my town, but that's usually a common feeling amongst the gays isn't it?

2. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

I used to feel that way with my friends and in school, always thought I was the only one, although it never was a problem for me, as it meant I was special ;)
    I never felt like the only one in town though, but I never lived in a small town either. Around here I see homosexuals on the street almost every day.

As for PDA, I walk around holding hands with my girlfriend I have no trouble kissing her in public, but I wouldn't constantly hang on her lips or feel her up, like a lot of straight couples do. I don't even do that in front of friends, it's private IMO. I am in no way ashamed of my sexuality and my relationship, but everything beyond a peck on the mouth and little hugs stays behind closed doors. :p

3. Persona

Persona Hit and Run

You're lucky. I live in a medium-ish-sized town where it seems everyone is either closeted (i.e. me) or homophobic. All my friends are straight and female (which isn't bad, just no dating possibilities), so I always get that whole 'the only gay in the village' type feeling.

Ah, but the glorious-ness of the internet helps with that. :D

4. Still_Life

Still_Life Victim

Hey guys, I'm new to the board, and I'm gay, too :). I have a girlfriend, we've been together for a little over a year now. Things are going great and we're already thinking about moving in together. Lesbians, I know :p.

So anyway, I've felt a little alone before I had my gf, too. I felt like I suddenly didn't connect with my straight friends anymore, and I still feel that way to a certain extend. Our lives are different, after all, our relationships differ and really, the problems we face every day are inconceivable to most straight people, no matter how accepting they are. Both my gf and I would like to have, like, a group of gay friends, but even though we both know a couple lesbians in our city, we don't know any of them personally, and I still don't want to be friends with someone only because of their sexuality.

That's it for now, take care :).

5. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Welcome aboard :)

I totally understand the wish for homosexual friends, I'd really like to know more lesbians in real life, I only have some gay online friends, and my girlfriend of course ;)

It's good to have her but you're right, straight people, no matter how good of a friend they are, don't understand us in a way. I still love my straight friends though, it just wouldn't hurt to have some lesbian friends as well. But sexuality shouldn't be the number one criteria when making new friends...

6. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

I always feel like I'm the only lesbian in my grade. I mean, I know I'm not but I have nothing in common with the other gay people at my school, except being gay. I have my girlfriend though, and I know a handful of gay people. :)

7. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

Hi everyone

Its been way too long since I have been here but things have just been hectic and crazy for me.
    I am moving to England in 3 weeks and things just have been busy, crazy and overwhelming. There was so much I needed to do that at some point I got completly lost. I felt tired all the time, I still do, I am stressed but also happy and releaved its finally happening.
    My parents are a great support though I know they are sad I am moving far away.

Kerry and I are doing well. We now have a cat as well. Missy. She is 6 months old and we love her so much. Its like a real little family we now have :D

8. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Welcome back, I'm glad to hear you're doing good, in spite of the strees ;)

Moving in together, buying a cat, feels familiar :p

9. Mitss90

Mitss90 Dead on Arrival

Well, at least you do know other gay people at my school. I have the feeling I am actually the one and only gay girl at my school. Yeh, I know it sounds stupid, but I haven't met other lesbians at my school yet. I know one girl who is bisexual, and two lesbian girls who have a relationship with eachother. Though, I don't know them personally. That's it, so sometimes I feel 'lonely', though I don't think that's the right word in this context. Nevermind, you get me. I hope.

10. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Hi guys! Sorry it's been a million and five years...I'll briefly explain what happened, and why I wasn't on for a month:

My little sister (whom I love to tiny pieces) got caught drinking and was grounded for a month. I took a month off school to be with her during the month she was grounded. The computer was off limits to everyone in the house, I just got back from where she is, fore I wanted to be with her during the month. That's what happend to me :p I didn't die or anything :p

And here we go with my love life (which makes no sense): So me and my girlfriend I had previously broke up. Yeah, yeah, awe how said, right? Yeah...well, I ended up with a boyfriend. :confused: I don't really know how it happened...it just did, haha. That is pretty much my story :p

11. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

A boyfriend? :eek:
    How did that happen? :p

Nothing new from my side, me and my girlfriend are thinking about moving in together, we're not actively looking for apartments yet, but we're already making some loose plans. Life is boring and ungay most of the time... ;)

12. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

It's almost been a month since anybody posted in here, what happened?

Am I the only one whose private life still leaves space to post, or is there just nothing to left to talk about?

13. Jorja_Rain

Jorja_Rain Lab Technician

Wow, this thread has become quiet. Anyone gay still out there? Or do all of you now have boyfriends? ;)

14. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

I definitely have no boyfriend. ;)

I've been really busy and stuff, but that's no excuse. Andy and I broke up at the beginning of January. I took it pretty bad, it was really hard for me to just function. I didn't really know how to handle it. So I just shut down and quit going online. I couldn't fall back on my friends because no one knew I was gay, much less had a girlfriend.

So like a week after the break up, my friends set me up on a blind date with this random guy and I couldn't stand him but I went home with him anyways. After that I felt really bad about myself. So I called Andy the next day and we spent the night together and that only messed me up more. So I threw myself into school and work.

In March, I started hanging out with this girl Liana, and ever since we've been inspearable. At the end of March, we made it official :) And I'm extremely happy. How's everyone else been?

15. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Hey Ashley,good to hear from you again. :) Thanks for bumping the thread ;)

So, new girlfriend, sounds exciting. I'm still with the same girl I've been with for 15 months now and things couldn't be better :D
    I have nothing new to say actually. My life is pretty boring...