Supernatural

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by draig_goch, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

I finally caught up with all episodes right after Christmas ;) So here's my thoughts about season 3 so far:
    In th ebeginning I was a bit shocked (and even pissed) about Dean's "so I die, whatever" attitude, I could so understand Sam, and his "Cause... just cause." nearly broke my heart. I mean, I knew that it was just Dean's way, never showing how he feels, but I wanted him to talk about his feelings!!
    I'm really excited about the upcoming episodes, someone on another board said that Dean's attitude will change in the end, and the promos seem to confirm that.
    I don't know what to think about Bela and Ruby, it might be interesting, but I hope we won't see them every single episode, I don't like them so much...
    Can't wait till the 31st, I'm getting SPN withdrawal more and more every day!

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the 31st, but I also have some trepidation- that will be the first of the last four episodes they will be airing until the strike is over! Yikes! It's too soon to be the end of the season! :eek:

3. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

I will try and write something about season 3 later this week.

I wish it was the 31st already and more than a whole month no new SPN episode is way too long. This is gonna be one long year with no new SPN episode :( :eek:

4. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

Yeah that'll be hard... it's strange, I've never felt this way about a TV show before, like some part of my happiness depends on this show to go on. I spend so much time thinking about it, make arts and talk about it with others, that thinking that it'll only be 4 more episodes really scares me. Stupid, I know, but that's the way it is.
    Right now they're showing "Scarecrow" on TV, usually I don't even watch the German episodes anymore, but I'm curious about how they'll translate Dean's "Dude, you're fugly!" :D

5. BabaOReilly

^^^ Hah hah! You'll have to share that one with us- I'd love to hear that translation! :lol:

6. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

Well in German he said "Mann siehst du scheiße aus", which would be something like "Man you really look like crap" or smth like that. (Didn't Sam say smth like that to Dean in Born under a bad sign?) Anyway, once again a reason for me to watch this show in English - you miss half the fun if you only hear the synchro. :D

7. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

Yeah he said something in that direction to Dean in BUABS. :)

That's one reason why I love subtitles that we got here in Holland and I would not watch TV if we had English shows talking Dutch. :p

8. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

You don't get a Dutch synchro? Well, I know that from vacations in Denmark, sometimes I wish we had that in Germany, too. Would also be very good for learning English.

*gets back to topic*

31st isn't so far away anymore! :) I'm so excited about that epsiode, in fact, all the promos sound very interesting. I'm curious if Dean maybe finally shows a bit of emotions instead of acting the fearless hero...

9. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

On all series that aren't Dutch we get subtitles and I'm glad we get that instead of dubbed versions.

Two weeks is still too far away for me, but that's probably just me. I haven't seen any promos yet and just waiting till I can see the new episode.

10. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

Haha every day without SPN is one too much... maybe I'm gonna make some arts tonight, just not to get withdrawal symptoms ;) Or watch one of the old episodes. It's kinda cool to watch season 1 episodes again, because some things/ sentences get quite a different meaning now with the season 2 final and everything.

11. BabaOReilly

Yeah, I've been going back through my season 1 DVD's. Even Dean's hair was different! :lol:

It's interesting how there's something for Sam to angst about in every season though- season 1- Jess is murdered; where's dad/why can't I get along with dad? Season 2- Oh no dad's dead/Am I a scary freak who's going to turn into something awful? And Season 3- how do I save my reckless brother from going to hell?

Sam also had some pretty bad hair at the start of season 2- a little too long and poofy! :lol:

Ah, that's right- I always look at the inportant aspects! :D

12. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

SandleDL: The Supernatural withdrawals are always there and I will be making art too.

And every season they try atleast to strangle him a dozen of times. :p His hair turned pretty long in season 2 :lol:

I need to get my season 1 and watch that amazing season again :D It's defenitely my favourite season . :)

13. Lessien_Tinuviel

Lessien_Tinuviel Police Officer

Sam definitely looked better with the shorter haircut in Season 1,. Is it just me, or did Jared look like he gained abit of weight in between Seasons 1 and 2? I noticed his face was thinner when the show first started, as compared to now. If that makes any sense...

I agree that every season has something for Sam to angst about, though I didn't realize that until BabaOReilly mentioned it. :lol:

I'm stricken with SPN withdrawals too. When's the next new episode? January 31? In that case, only two more weeks! :D

14. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

^^i think maybe he just filled out a bit, cuz he was like 21 when the shot the pilot? he was still a kid as opposed to now when hes a man....if that made any sense ha.
    but yeah, anywhoodle i'm feeling the withdrawls too. i've managed to watch almost all of s1 again in the last 2 weeks. the strike needs to be over, like yesterday, i miss my shows :(

15. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

Let's assume that Jared has gained some weight: it's just muscles I'm sure! :lol: Honestly, in season 1 he was a boy, now he's a man! (And that's the opinion of a Dean girl^^)
    But I agree with you, that very long hair wasn't good ;)
    I watch YouTube vids all the time, and sometimes I watch episodes again, just some scenes sometimes, those I loved most. I watched Tall tales again recently, that cracked me up! :lol: Angsty episodes are great, but sometimes I just need some fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.