CSI:NY Season 4 Spoilers--Get 'Em In A New York Minute

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Requinox

Requinox Hit and Run

I think Mac knows about Danny and Lindsay. In Childs play he did say "Just tell him you're not good at this thing." And it made it seem all dramtic and stuff, so I think that led to the implication that Mac knows.

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Thanks for the press release, Lorelai--I need to write the spoiler report for that one tonight (the very last spoiler report for the franchise before new episodes are written :eek:).

I see that Kendall is in this one. I guess it's a good thing there are no more new episodes after that because Adam is always missing after she's there for one. :lol: ;)

3. baker_grad

baker_grad Victim

Most of the shows are ending with cliff hangers, because the writers knew what was going down from the beginning of the season. Maybe the only difference here is that the end products were not completed by the writing staff but by "non-writing" staff, whatever that means. They were planned, the scripts were probably written, but not worked on as a whole by the whole staff. So the next two episodes are going to be interesting on that point.

I have also found it really interesting with all this negative energy toward D/L ... they are really well planned out. Danny's character couldn't be with someone who was like him. He needs someone who's calm, at the same time, Lindsey's character allows him joy, friction, and a way to have fun. L needs someone who lets her have fun, do the crazy things. They are more alike then not alike and have a ton of things in common. That said, I feel like the writers haven't just thrown them together, but planned them. And they are working around that plan. Sure there will be rough times, but the writers have been planning for Danny to fall in love since season 1. Zuker said something in talking about the New York photograph that I thought was interesting. He said they don't always give you all the details, but you can find the clues. He was talking about the photo, sure, but he also pointed out that D/L made a heart shape. http://www.csifanatic.com/2007/10/03/csi-ny-behind-the-scenes-of-this-photo-shoot/

4. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Whether Mac knows or not, they are co-workers and they work a lot of cases together so it makes sense that she would be concerned about him. Maybe Mac knows, maybe he doesn't, or maybe he doesn't really care.

I know several places that co-workers aren't allowed to date and they can get fired if they do. I can understand why they'd do it. What if the couple break up and can't seem to work together anymore but as long as it's not a boss/employee relationship, it don't see why co-workers can't date.

I thought the same thing. :lol: Poor Adam.

ETA:
    The big clue here is pointed out. How many people would have noticed that if AZ hadn't specifically mentioned it?

5. baker_grad

baker_grad Victim

considering he was saying that you had to look for the details, he was saying that they weren't always going to point out those things.

6. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

^^Sorry but the last thing I'm gonna think by looking at that picture is "OMG, Danny and Lindsay make a perfect heart" :rolleyes: The only thing I thought was that it didn't look like Danny wanted to share his sandwich with Lindsay. :lol: Oh, and that she apparently couldn't keep her feet to herself.

7. Faylinn

Who would have gone 'you know, they form a heart' if it hadn't been pointed out? I don't regularly try to recognize abstract shapes formed by two people sitting down. Anyway, moving on...

To each his/her own.

I'm not sure they've "been planning for Danny to fall in love since season 1", but considering that they created a cast of six single people (seven including Aiden and eight including Adam), I'm sure they were "planning" for people to have romantic relationships. Whether it's been well-done and all that is subjective, and whether it's a true love that will last forever and ever remains to be seen.

Yeah, but I don't know that we have any indication that there will actually be a cliffhanger in episode 14. Miami certainly had a cliffhanger on Monday night, but I'm not sure about NY...

Real life is one thing, but this is Television: Everything Is Exaggerated Here. :p Consider that episode of Vegas where the celebrity was on trial and the defense attorney was trying to discredit the CSIs and mentioned Sara dating the paramedic--they didn't even work together and the attorney brought up conflict of interests. *shrug* In TV-land, they make up the rules to suit whatever they want to do with the plot.

8. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

Really the only thing that said to me was, that since Lindsay did learn anything about Danny and how to support him as a friend or otherwise when Aiden died, she's gonna take a stab at it now, and being that Mac was within ear shot and has dealt with Danny in severe emotional distress (RSRD), she figured Mac would likely be the guy to ask. I really wasn't left with the impression that Mac knew them to be anything either than friends.

In fact I would think if they were closer, Lindsay wouldn't have come down there with nothing to say.

I gotta agree with Fay here. Writers for these shows do a lot of planning. But things happen. Plans change. I'm sure when the show took off they were "planning" to go somewhere with Danny and Aiden, and probably weren't anticipating Vanessa's leaving, but it came up, and they slapped together a new "plan" as quick and as best they could, and in retrospect there were probably some serious miscalculations.

Secondly, I doubt very much if they'd planned from the FIRST season that anyone fall in love, just because that suggests a stable relationship and unless they've never, written, watched, or turned on a tv before, they're going to know that the LAST thing that draws an audience is a STABLE relationship. Viewers LOVE to watch characters, make up and break up and fight, and be torn apart and all that emo drama. If everyones happy-sappy with their significant others that's gonna get real bland, real fast. Significant pairings or lasting relationships are pretty rarely introduced within the first few seasons of a show. Most of the time if they're going to get people together with any sense of permanence it'll happen when the show is on it's last legs.

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I doubt there were any specific plans for Danny to fall in love until it became clear that he was a fan favorite. When that happened...well, what better way to pander to a young female demographic than to drop in a Mary Sue character for Danny to suddenly (and somewhat inexplicably) fall for... ;)

10. mandmforever

mandmforever Civilian

im sorry but i have to agree with baker_grad on this one i think a lot of planning for these characters dose happen and the fact that they have to keep the continunity up aswell- they couldnt just have them flirting they we would be complaing about when they would get together and take all the little flirty sceens between them as them getting closer- we have to look at this as two people who found themselves attracted to each other it took them about a year and a half to actually "get together" after the trial then we have them in the work place were they are dealing with murders and stuff and they dnt nesscerilary need to be all flirty and stuff and i think they suit each other quite well because im live in Ireland and when they brought lindsay in i immideatly saw the chemistry between them but i did not know what was going on in the actual series becaus ewhen they show it over here its kinda slow so evan though i check out what has been happening in season four at home we have just seen the episode after the luke blade one and i still am on the side of dandl forever

11. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

I don't think it was planned. Shows will try things out with characters like they might have them flirting. Then they see how the audience reacts to it and decide which way to take it from there. And also everything Top just said :p. Usually if it means more viewers they'll probably use it.

12. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

I don't think anyones saying it was completely spontaneous, just that we're doubting very much something like that was planned from as early as season one when it's not congruent with casting or writing to draw an audience.

And as far as continuity goes, they're not exactly pro's at sticking to their own facts.

13. Faylinn

Fantastic non-use of punctuation, mandmforever.

I finally got the spoiler report up. I had it finished last night, but the site was being wonky (see the announcement Antony posted :p), so I had to wait until today. Naturally, I got up late and did other things, so I'm just now getting it posted. You still love me, though, admit it. :p ;)

Spoiler report for "Playing With Matches"

14. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yes you know it, but you do like to make us wait. :p Thanks for all the spoiler reports this season, they have been very much appreciated. *Awards you a gold star* :D

15. Faylinn

Hey, you're lucky I didn't mention it back when I was going to do it originally--like, oh, the end of last week. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.