Raising Caine - Episode #613 **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Wyoming, Jan 11, 2008.

1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I thought that, too. ^^ Maybe Khandi had something personal & she couldn't show up for the scene so they covered her by saying she was in the fender bender. It definately seemed "out of place". Then again, there was no Valera either, im only assuming that it probably had something to do w/ the strike...cutbacks maybe?
    The epi.. good yes, but "different". Not very Miami style. ;)

2. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Megamel - Yea, they may have been looking to "expand" on that car accident thing, but b/c of the strike, they didn't get into it. This definitely seemed like a multi-parter to me. As for Tripp - I sure hope nothin' happened to the guy... I kinda like him, although I still think this show has too many freakin' characters.

mjszud - Hey, what's up? Good to hear from you :) I think Khandi Alexander might've had a conflict, that's a good theory too. It did seem out of place - kind of a random fact that I expected would be "paid off" at the end or something.
    Also, I too was wondering what had happened to Valera - I thought she was going to be in this ep.:( Anytime she's there it puts a smile on my face, but oh well, probably more on the cutting-room floor :(
    Oh, and Julia did come off as a big snob, but she's a very smart criminal, that's for sure. Even if they find that poor woman, I bet they won't be able to tie Julia to it - just like her husband's murder. I can't imagine why H hooked up w/her - it's very weird. And the "I know you still love me" line - :rolleyes: Hate to tell ya, Julia, but the guy's had other relationships — and gotten married — since you ditched him, and it seems he didn't "love" you enough to even look for you.

inthewind — umm...yea, not to get into it, but will H and Cal eve be in the same room or make eye contact again? And yes, Julia is a psycho - that eye thing was weird - she looked crazy, especially at the end.

3. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

Valera was the only part of the episode I was looking forward to and surprise, she wasn't there. BS!

Julia's eyes creep me the fuck out. They flutter and get bulgy at the weirdest times. That is why I was too busy perfecting my fetal position to catch whatever conversation happened during those scenes. Apparently they were important. Who knew?

I can't believe this is what we got to hold us through the writer's strike. Ugh.

On the plus side, Calleigh looked so pretty. Then again, she always does. I mean, I like her cleavage as much as the next girl but it was nice to see her without getting distracted by boobies.

4. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

I thought her eyes were ok for a woman who'd lost a billionaire husband, got arrested/hooked up by the father of her kid, found her kid in jail and then plotted the boy's freedom all in one morning. Is she a 'good girl' who just wants some financial security? not holding my breath on that one but it's all good since H is onto her and that should be interesting. H didn't even comment to Kyle's comment "you loved her once"-like he didn't want to encourage his son into some fantasy land.

5. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

I'm upset and mad. I don't want Kyle to go to Julia. I want H to happen, and becaue of the strike, I won't find out. So poo/ haha. Ryan looked good. I love the white shirt. I want to know more about the car drowing thing and whre Tripp is.=

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Things I liked about the episode:

-The ending. Cliffhangers and surprise endings are not too common in Miami, they should do it more often.
    -Eric's and Calleigh's scene. Way cute. Calleigh so sure of herself and Eric proving her wrong. It reminded me of the scene in Born to Kill when the little girl went missing and Calleigh got all judgemental and said she couldn't feel sorry for the mom because she was a killer and Eric said that family's psychology runs deep and makes you do things you never though you would. It's curious how Calleigh sometimes reacts that way.

-The team discussing the case and Horatio's life during the whole episode.

Things I didn't like:

-Alexx's story about the fender bender having no point at all.
    -Elizabeth Berkley acting and eye popping.
    -Poor Kyle never receiving a hug.
    -The team still appearing either alone or in couples. What's that about?? :confused:
    -Wasn't Valera supposed to be here???? :rolleyes:

7. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I agree!! The scene about Alexx fender bender made no sense at all!!

I miss how the cast used to interact with each other, it's not the same. However, I liked Eric and Calleigh's scenes. She wasn't off about Horatio's ex, she is bad news but they have no proof to arrest her. I saw Elizabeth on TV, she said her role is recurring, so she's coming back. I thought Elizabeth did do a good job

8. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

Maybe the fender bender mention was to explain her not being at the scene but no mention later isn't weird if Delko knew about the accident and didn't want to bring it up and make Alexx feel bad. Wish the team would be in the same room for a briefing or weekly/monthly meeting sometimes but I guess for a one hour show the writer's are limited to what they can explore concerning relationships..

9. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

so...this episode was pretty good...it surprised me in a good way :D
    - Julie kinda scares me :eek: :eek: :eek:..she's an intersting character that adds something new to this show. To me it needed to be refreshed ;)
    - Alexx's accident..it was really strange. Calleigh didn't notice her absence and performed the first examining on the body as if she was a ME.... and Natalia told about it just as if saying "you know...I went to SPA".Then Calleigh asked if she was ok but without recieving an answer she went on with the victim. To me it was something the authors removed because of the strike (also because of Eric talking with Alexx without mentioning her accident)....same thing Julie talking with Calleigh about Kyle ;)
    -Calleigh wearing something coloured and looking like a normal lady..I was "OMG..I'm not watching CSI:Mimai" :rolleyes: yeah she looked like an elf..but still I love her with green clothes :D
    - I really loved the interection between Natalia and Calleigh...they looked really like friends :D and I really appreciate they were talking about H and Kyle. Calleigh talking about Horatio kinda caused me a heart attack :eek: I couldn't believe it and I really liked it :D
    - Calleigh replacing Alexx :eek: I don't know to me it was strange how she moved the body to examine it....she looked like she was ready to become the new ME :lol:
    -Horatio and his son. When they first told me H had a son I was "OMG more H's drama" but yeah I love this drama...it made H become human..like he once was during s1, s2 and s3 :D
    -Kyle. To me he's such an interisting character...he could bring a lot of new interesting plots in CSI:Miami ;) and I really appreciate they chose Evan Ellingston at playing him :D
    - Calleigh and Eric scene...to me they were not flirting she was kinda pissed off because he showed she was wrong. I have to say it looked a little bit strange the fact she was ready to put Julie in jail..but I don't know...I like it :lol: and to me she looked concerced for Horatio and his son. Definetly she was right ;). Probably Julie scared her...how to blame her!
    -Ryan...pleassse give him something better to wear :rolleyes: and what was he doing during the ep? I saw him just in 3 scenes.
    - Eric...same thing as Ryan about the clothes. I can't stand those shirts anymore :rolleyes: . Anyway I like him...and how he was concerned for Tripp at the end of the ep.
    - Tripp....TRIIIIIPPPPP where are you? :confused: I don't know but as Calleigh said "I have a bad feeling about this" :rolleyes:
    - The end. Am I the only one that notice there was blood in the water (btw same canal where Calleigh was run off last year)? Too much blood in the water for being Kathleen's one. And I'm pretty sure it came from the back of the car. I don't know but I'm pretty sure that Kathleen is not the only victim :eek: :rolleyes:

10. Hcrazy

Hcrazy Lab Technician

Hey Everyone,

I loved the episode and what a Cliffy they left us with! :eek:
    Now I can beg for the writers to return!!! Ahhh Kyle has to go back to Horatio. :mad: :mad:

Anyway Here is a new video I made with Spoilers.... Spoilers.... Spoilers.... :eek: Clips from Dangerous son, Inside Out, Chain reaction and Raising Caine. So sad....

Enjoy! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKWLFwHy6_g

HCrazy

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Ok you guys have me all worried about our dear Francis. I must of missed something at the end..I thought they were just looking for the kidnapped girl?! Did they actually mention Frank "missing"?

On another note, I thought maybe the woman in the car was actually Natalia... she was the last person (alone) w/ Julia & the crazy assistant. & she gave Julia "the look".

Maybe were going overboard on all these theories :confused:
    Now I want a replay of the ending!!

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well...at the end...Calleigh was walking fast with some paper in her hand.
    Suddenly Eric stopped trying to phone to Frank and practically jumped on Calleigh to ask her if she had new about him ;) and at the end of their discussion (which was most about Kathleen) Calleigh clearly said "I have bad feelings about this" :rolleyes: she scared me like Julie :rolleyes:

No...surely the woman is Kathleen ;)

13. purplecat17

purplecat17 Hit and Run

so I actually enjoyed this episode except for the fact how they left us hanging you know, with the cliff hanger. I mean don't get me wrong I absolutely love cliff hangers they are like my favorite but its just that we don't know when the next new CSI Miami will be on so i was kinda disappointed in that. I mean nobody wants to wait weeks or months to find out the ending of a cliff hanger. So I am excited to find out how it ends (hopefully i can find out sooner than later but idk) ;)

At the beginning when Calleigh and Natalia were talking about Alexx getting into an accident I thought it was going to be a part of the storyline not just small talk. i guess I thought it was more important then it actually was.

As for the Julia character... I don't really care for her. There is something about her that I don't like. :confused: I definately think she has got some big secrets that could lead to big time trouble.

I was upset because Ryan did not have alot of screentime :( ( I am a huge Ryan fan lol) :)

However I did like the cute scene between Calleigh and Eric when Calleigh thought Julia's prints were on the gun and Eric proved her wrong. It was just cute even if I am not an E/C shipper :)

I was surprised hpw Kyle was let off the hook because the witness didn't show... idk why but i wasn't really expecting that.

Another thing that really surprised me was that Kyle picked Julia over Horatio. :eek: I thought it was a good twist just because Horatio always makes things work out in a good way but not this time. I felt sorry for him when Kyle told him his decision. :(

Overall this episode was pretty good. I liked it. I just hate that we have to wait so long for another new episode to come on! :mad: Hopefully the writers strike will end soon! :)

14. Megamel

Megamel Victim

And why can't H and Julia have shared custody of Kyle?

15. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Hm, this episode wasn't too bad but not too spectacular in my book either. I felt as if some things were missing. I was thinking about when Calleigh mentioned Alexx getting into a fender bender. Was that just to open up the conversation about Horatio's ex-lover? Or was this something TPTB took out--especially since we saw Alexx and Eric didn't even ask her about said fender bender. Usually they don't mention something unless it means something to the plot. Oh well, I'm just a stickler for details.

As for Julia, I was expecting her to be a bit more spineless but I actually enjoyed Elizabeth's portrayal and she actually came across as a pretty interesting character. I'm disappointed that Kyle chose his mother over Horatio but he is 16 and with the right bribe... (*cough* a brand new car *cough*)

Like Top41 said in her review...

This is the reason I'm disappointed in Kyle's choice, however unsurprising it is. Horatio forever needs drama so it's natural that the writers would pull this. This is also why I suspect Julia won't be in the picture for very long. Most of Horatio's lovers have either bit the dust or become predictably more evil.

As for Kathleen's debacle, I suspect Julia might be involved in that. I mean, if she's not there to testify, the case can't move forward and her son gets aquitted. The thing is, I would have thought the bribe was enough. So perhaps the car in the river is of someone else. I'm interested in seeing how it pans out once Miami gets back on the air.

Maybe Julia didn't want to share custody, or alternatively, Horatio didn't. I wouldn't blame them. But didn't Horatio file for custody before Julia? In that case, she might have filed for custody just because she could knowing that a judge may lean toward her position because she's the mother. I'm not law savy so it's just my take on it plus I missed some of the episode. :lol: