Would you go to a CSI convention??

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Guest, May 9, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Without a doubt! But as I live in England, It would be kinda difficult. If they were to hold one in Vegas I might be tempted to blow all my money on the airfare!! ;)

2. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

lol just googled CSI conventions and this thread came up. XD
    I've just found out that they're having a supernatural convention in Birmingham (England. I think there's a birmingham in America right? :rolleyes:) so I was wondering if there'd ever been one?

3. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

I've been to a CSI/Forensics convention :lol: But not one that involved the actual stars of the show.. just your standard 'learn more about it and attend lectuers' type deal.

But would I go to a convention in the sense you're talking about? I don't know.

In some ways it'd be really cool to meet the people for the first time/again and to learn more about them... but in other ways, I find sometimes it's best to leave it on screen. Trust me, sometimes when you meet the actors and find out more about what they're really like (good or bad), you carry that prejudice onto the show, and it spoils it.

You know how they say you never want to see the kitchen of your favourite restraunt? Well...

4. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

I would go, but I live in NZ and theres no way anything like that would happen. I can't really afford to fly around the world at the moment...

so

i would if i could but i can't so i shan't

5. ericisacutie

ericisacutie Lab Technician

If we could afford it I would be the first one there!!! That would be sooooo awesome! I want to meet Carmine, and Jonathan, and Eric soooooo bad!!! And Gary, and Eddie, and Anna, and George, and how about the rest of the cast too! :lol:

6. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

That is exactly the way I feel, adorelo. I've met some celebrities who were absolutely great. I've also met celebrities who were complete jacka**es, and I couldn't watch their shows/movies anymore because the actor's actions overshadowed the character.

I'd think long and hard about attending a CSI convention. I'd really want to sit in on seminars about the forensics, special effects and makeup. It'd be pretty gnarly to know how they create the corpses. KCBS, LA's CBS station, did a behind-the-scenes story on CSI makeup. If you do a "CSI" search at the Video Library, you'll find the results.

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I'd go, but I understand about meeting the actors in real life. Though I would like to.

I'm from the Chicago area and I went to the CSI Experience that was here. I loved it, it was a lot of fun. I like trying to solve a crime and learning about the forensics part. I find all that stuff fascinating.

It would be great to meet other CSI fanatics, as well. Though I'd only go if I could afford it.

8. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

adorelo i agree with you too. i went to Big Apple Con in NYC this past November and i met Hayden Paniterre from Heroes and she wasn't the great she walked around like she was too good for anything. now Claire is kinda ruined for me on the show b/c of this. i met Kristen Bell too and she was a doll soo freakin sweet:)

i never thought i would ever go to a convention like Big Apple Con but after going it was pretty cool and they make you feel soo normal seeing the interesting people that go lol. i would definately go to one for the CSI shows especially for NY. i would die if i got to meet anyone from the cast. if i met Carmine, Anna, or Eddie i would die and go to heaven haha.

9. jlinn

jlinn Hit and Run

Heck yea I would go, I love all this stuff

10. CSIAnnStokes

CSIAnnStokes Witness

I would definately go, I mean that's gotta be fun! I was so dissapointed that I couldn't go to the CSI exhibition in Chicago.

11. Jenna_Caine

Jenna_Caine Police Officer

Heck yeah, I'd go! But... :D

Only if all the stars of CSI:Miami were there, and were signing autographs!

Especially David Caruso and *sigh* Adam Rodriguez... :devil: I'm such a fangirl... LOL!

12. Charity

Charity Police Officer

I wouldn't mind going. I've been to a couple of conventions, and you meet some very memorable people if nothing else. DragonCon in Atlanta during Labor Day drew 30,000+ people on Saturday alone. It's not for everyone though that's for sure. Not to mention it's very expensive to organize a fan convention. Somebody has to pay the stars, and the hotel, and that's just the beginning.